Page 1 of 1
How do you stack cages?!
Posted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:12 pm
by asshhleeyyy
So, here's my dilema. I keep aquiring animals

and am now living in one bedroom, with three 36" x 18" cages taking up space in the room. This leaves me little to no floor space. I'm looking for basically a giant shelving unit that can support the weight of at least a couple of cages, so I can start utilizing space. Any ideas? What are your setups?
Re: How do you stack cages?!
Posted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:20 pm
by Jeff
Hey Ashley! Long time-no-see! Are you talking about top opening aquarium type Enclosures?
Re: How do you stack cages?!
Posted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:45 pm
by A.VinczeBTs
Best might actually be to buy pvc instead, most are made to stack. If you have top opening it might be the best option, or make your own (someone posted a sweet design, costume cages, they're amazing!!)
If they're sliding door opening, then you could build a box ontop of the tank for the lights, then stack another tank on top.
Others might have better ideas too, pics of them might help.
Re: How do you stack cages?!
Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:06 am
by Bird_Brain
When I used 30/40 gal breeders, I used the adjustable metal racking. They were great for holding cages. You will have to use the 48" wide shelving. Ive found an older picture to show you how I did it.
SN851113.JPG
Re: How do you stack cages?!
Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:05 am
by asshhleeyyy
Brad, that is EXACTLY what I was thinking!!
Can you get that from Lowes/Home Depot and places like that??
Re: How do you stack cages?!
Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:13 am
by Coomassie
They sell nice metal shelving units at Home Depot that I have seen used for cages. I ended up find some relatively inexpensive stacking enclosures so I went that route. But by relatively inexpensive, I mean I converted all my animals for somewhere between $1000 and $1500. I opted to not count it up because I don't really want to know.
Re: How do you stack cages?!
Posted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:35 pm
by Spindown
OMG brad, where did you get those shelves!!! thats exactly what we are looking for.
Re: How do you stack cages?!
Posted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:44 pm
by Karen