and am now living in one bedroom, with three 36" x 18" cages taking up space in the room. This leaves me little to no floor space. I'm looking for basically a giant shelving unit that can support the weight of at least a couple of cages, so I can start utilizing space. Any ideas? What are your setups?How do you stack cages?!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
- asshhleeyyy
- Bluey Devotee

- Posts: 1121
- Joined: Thu May 28, 2009 11:59 am
- Country:
How do you stack cages?!
So, here's my dilema. I keep aquiring animals
and am now living in one bedroom, with three 36" x 18" cages taking up space in the room. This leaves me little to no floor space. I'm looking for basically a giant shelving unit that can support the weight of at least a couple of cages, so I can start utilizing space. Any ideas? What are your setups?
and am now living in one bedroom, with three 36" x 18" cages taking up space in the room. This leaves me little to no floor space. I'm looking for basically a giant shelving unit that can support the weight of at least a couple of cages, so I can start utilizing space. Any ideas? What are your setups?2.0.0 Ball Python [ H e n d r i x ] & [ I s i s ] 1.0.0 Tiliqua Gigas Evanescens [ D i e s e l ] “I see myself as an intelligent, sensitive human, with the soul of a clown which forces me to blow it at the most important moments.” - Jim Morrison ♥
- Jeff
- Vladik Pippery

- Posts: 5684
- Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:33 pm
- Country:
- Location: Arizona, USA
- Contact:
Re: How do you stack cages?!
Hey Ashley! Long time-no-see! Are you talking about top opening aquarium type Enclosures?
6.10.9 T. s. intermedia
2.2.7 T. s. scincoides
1.2.1 T. nigrolutea
2.2.0 T. r. rugosa
1.2.3 T.g. keyensis
2.0.5 T.s. chimaera
0.0.0. T. occipitalis
0.0.0. T. multifasciata
http://www.btskinks.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bluetong ... 846297977#
2.2.7 T. s. scincoides
1.2.1 T. nigrolutea
2.2.0 T. r. rugosa
1.2.3 T.g. keyensis
2.0.5 T.s. chimaera
0.0.0. T. occipitalis
0.0.0. T. multifasciata
http://www.btskinks.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bluetong ... 846297977#
-
A.VinczeBTs
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 133
- Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:30 pm
- Country:
- Location: Newmarket, Ontario
Re: How do you stack cages?!
Best might actually be to buy pvc instead, most are made to stack. If you have top opening it might be the best option, or make your own (someone posted a sweet design, costume cages, they're amazing!!)
If they're sliding door opening, then you could build a box ontop of the tank for the lights, then stack another tank on top.
Others might have better ideas too, pics of them might help.
If they're sliding door opening, then you could build a box ontop of the tank for the lights, then stack another tank on top.
Others might have better ideas too, pics of them might help.
- Bird_Brain
- The Happy Hitman

- Posts: 4079
- Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:11 pm
- Country:
- Location: Warren, Indiana
Re: How do you stack cages?!
When I used 30/40 gal breeders, I used the adjustable metal racking. They were great for holding cages. You will have to use the 48" wide shelving. Ive found an older picture to show you how I did it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Brad
- asshhleeyyy
- Bluey Devotee

- Posts: 1121
- Joined: Thu May 28, 2009 11:59 am
- Country:
Re: How do you stack cages?!
Brad, that is EXACTLY what I was thinking!!
Can you get that from Lowes/Home Depot and places like that??
Can you get that from Lowes/Home Depot and places like that??
2.0.0 Ball Python [ H e n d r i x ] & [ I s i s ] 1.0.0 Tiliqua Gigas Evanescens [ D i e s e l ] “I see myself as an intelligent, sensitive human, with the soul of a clown which forces me to blow it at the most important moments.” - Jim Morrison ♥
- Coomassie
- The Inked Chemist

- Posts: 1826
- Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:01 pm
- Country:
- Location: Newark, DE
Re: How do you stack cages?!
They sell nice metal shelving units at Home Depot that I have seen used for cages. I ended up find some relatively inexpensive stacking enclosures so I went that route. But by relatively inexpensive, I mean I converted all my animals for somewhere between $1000 and $1500. I opted to not count it up because I don't really want to know.
Cay T.
- Spindown
- Reptilian Artisan

- Posts: 2680
- Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:24 pm
- Country:
Re: How do you stack cages?!
OMG brad, where did you get those shelves!!! thats exactly what we are looking for.
~Alyy
Spindown Reptiles est. 2013 ------- Facebook.com/SpindownReptiles
Specializing in Kenyan Sand boas and Special Needs animal care.
Spindown Reptiles est. 2013 ------- Facebook.com/SpindownReptiles
Specializing in Kenyan Sand boas and Special Needs animal care.
- Karen
- Bluey Addict

- Posts: 477
- Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:41 pm
- Country: USA
Re: How do you stack cages?!
• 0.1.0 Merauke - Sylvia
• 0.0.1 Northern - Tiberi
• 0.0.1 Northern - Tiberi
Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 211 guests
