? on Gen Teal drops

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
User avatar
jayeszoo
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 60
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:37 am
Country:
Location: Michigan US

? on Gen Teal drops

Postby jayeszoo » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:40 pm

Katrina, you mentioned using GenTeal drops on the eyes. I have those on hand. The drops the vet is having me use is Tobramycin Ophthalmic Solution. Can I use the GenTeal drops say in the middle of the day. I am to use the Tobramycin twice a day. Her eyes are still crusty.

I don't think she completely did a shed before I got her, I do see some dried skin between her toes. I soak her and try to wipe them alittle, but it doesn't come off. I even used a Q-tip and tried to go in between the toes. I will keep trying the soak on those.

jaye
Jaye
Indigo BT Merauke
Munchkin Bearded Dragon
Skittles Sudanese Uro
Cynder Std Poodle
Journey Std Poodle
User avatar
Katrina
The Daredevil
The Daredevil
Posts: 9769
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:34 pm
Country:
Location: Alberta, Canada

Re: ? on Gen Teal drops

Postby Katrina » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:04 pm

I used something called Tear Gel, I think it is pretty much the same thing - a saline gel for eyes. I used it in between the antibiotic drops to help keep the eyes open and lubricated - in the middle of the day, like you are suggesting. I found it kept the eyes moist and then sometimes I could wipe off some of the crusty parts carefully with a damp washcloth. My vet recommended the tear gel for that purpose, but if you have concerns then I'm sure you could call the vet and double check. I found that tear gel was necessary just to keep the eyes open so that I could put the antibiotic drops in.

For the toes - don't force anything off, just keep soaking them and wait until she sheds next and make sure it all sheds completely. I found that dried scales sometimes looked like stuck shed, but it really wasn't - so don't pick or try to force anything off, just wait until a shed. :D Good luck!

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 201 guests