Heading to Reptile Expo in Feb.
Posted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:01 am
So I am headed to a HUGE reptile expo that takes place in Arlington Texas every year and I am hoping Mr. Blue can come along with me. Now I know the few local ones we have in our area don't mind people bringing their own reptiles to the show even if you aren't selling them. I have taken my bearded dragon several times there just to walk around with him on my shoulder (he loves the attention). But I am unsure of these huge national type expos since they got their own rules about things. Last year we did end up taking a baby hognose snake back to a breeder, but that was more of business than pleasure. Does anyone have any experience with the big expos to know their rules? I have checked their website and it doesn't say anything one way or the other unfortunately 
Going out tomorrow once Mr. Blue eats to find him a little ferret harness in hopes it will fit him. He isn't used to sitting on my shoulder and thus will need a harness and leash if I do take him to the expo. And on that note does anyone have any tips of taking a skink to an expo? Like experience and whatnot? I want to make the trip there as stress free as possible, but I know it will cause some amount of stress overall. He has come a long way to becoming tamer and seems eager to be out of his tank...thought the expo would be stimulating for him.
Going out tomorrow once Mr. Blue eats to find him a little ferret harness in hopes it will fit him. He isn't used to sitting on my shoulder and thus will need a harness and leash if I do take him to the expo. And on that note does anyone have any tips of taking a skink to an expo? Like experience and whatnot? I want to make the trip there as stress free as possible, but I know it will cause some amount of stress overall. He has come a long way to becoming tamer and seems eager to be out of his tank...thought the expo would be stimulating for him.
)