Page 1 of 1
One of beautiful morning in KL
Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:53 am
by Panana_Blue



This is one of beautiful sunshine in 340 days a year in KL ( Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia ) Maybe...got frequently rain too, but not change much of temperature, always between 27-34 celsius at day light. My skink always have basking sun in the morning.
Im not sure let them got direct sun being in the backet without water, because Im a bit worry temperature little bit too high for them, also they really need to soacking in water and probably drinking in the same time. As soon they finish bathing like this, they always have big appetite.
Re: One of beautiful morning in KL
Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:10 am
by Alioop
Wow KL sounds like a gorgeous place to live!
It is interesting that you bath them out in the sun, I've never seen anyone do this. Its also interesting that doing this stimulates their appetites. How often do you bath them like this? How long do you bathe them for?
Re: One of beautiful morning in KL
Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:26 pm
by Panana_Blue
I bath almost every morning, estimate time bathing between 15 to 20 minutes. Some of them have poo in water, they really enjoying hav little deep in head on water, some just sit still enjoy sun almost half sleep.
Re: One of beautiful morning in KL
Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:31 pm
by Kbell31
They are all very nice skinks. It must get very hot there, but nice to have all that sunshine.

Re: One of beautiful morning in KL
Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:37 pm
by xxmonitorlizardxx
Could I see your meraukes?
Re: One of beautiful morning in KL
Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:39 pm
by Katrina
Gorgeous!! I am jealous of you weather and your beautiful skinks. Thanks for the pictures, we hardly ever get to see pictures from Malaysia so these are great. I love the dark black sides on a couple of your northerns.

Re: One of beautiful morning in KL
Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:43 pm
by Panana_Blue
xxmonitorlizardxx wrote:Could I see your meraukes?
Babies right there on the left, all adult on my back yard. Will take picture next week. Adult merauke's enclosure have direct sun got trough the enclosure, but also have hiding cave as well, morning sun go trough on merauke enclosure about half hour enough transmitted to they environment.
Also they have bigger water bowl they can sun bathing them self...haha
I have to watch closely with all my nothern, as they are really expensive and difficult import them to Malaysia.
Just make sure they are doing okey with different climate and temperature.
Re: One of beautiful morning in KL
Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:37 pm
by Panana_Blue
Katrina wrote:Gorgeous!! I am jealous of you weather and your beautiful skinks. Thanks for the pictures, we hardly ever get to see pictures from Malaysia so these are great. I love the dark black sides on a couple of your northerns.

Thanks Katrina...I hope can breed them next time.
Re: One of beautiful morning in KL
Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:42 pm
by Panana_Blue
Kbell31 wrote:They are all very nice skinks. It must get very hot there, but nice to have all that sunshine.

Very true...when get really hot, you've got yhe feeling sometimes make sure they comfortable. Honestly afternoon time when Im detour to check and touch them if they get too hot, I have to bath them again, let them.have anothet deep in water, not eeven need to be under the sun.
Re: One of beautiful morning in KL
Posted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:17 am
by critterguy
Wow-those Northerns are really pretty-particularly the really dark female(?). She's got lots of traits I like(actually the one pictured below it is also very nice). alternating bands, a lot of black, and good amount of flecking.
Re: One of beautiful morning in KL
Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:51 am
by realis88
bagus sekali xixixixiii...