More Mr Blue Pics

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
User avatar
NennaMeerkat
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 300
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:24 am
Country:
Location: Fort Worth Texas

More Mr Blue Pics

Postby NennaMeerkat » Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:10 pm

So took Mr. Blue out for a soak tonight along with just some time from the tank. He is now sitting beside me on the couch eyeing the cat that is on the other side of me contemplating her doom. During his bath I took some photos...

First I want to get the concerns out of the way before getting to the "fun" pics.

His scales on one elbow seems to be very dry and almost seem like they want to seperate from his skin. While they do not bother him they worry me. I also found 3 or 4 scales on the side of his tail that seem irritated and generally sore. Then there is a area on the top of his head that also seems irritated and dry. Will post pics below. I keep humidity up as much as possible and I soak him at least 3 times a week. The problem still seems to be dryness. ARGH! I just want to know if from the pics does anyone really think I should be worried?

Putting them as links...
http://img545.imageshack.us/img545/7361/p1030766v.jpg --Elbow
http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/9392/p1030767v.jpg --Head
http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/4080/p1030768t.jpg --Side of Tail

Now for fun pictures in his adventure in the bathroom!

Fresh Water From the Sink...MMmmmm!
Image

I Think I Look Pretty in the Mirror Don't You?
Image

I Love to Smile for the Camera
Image

On My Mom's Shoulder for the First Time!
Image
User avatar
realis88
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 309
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 12:03 am
Country:
Location: indonesia

Re: More Mr Blue Pics

Postby realis88 » Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:40 pm

nice and cute
User avatar
Katrina
The Daredevil
The Daredevil
Posts: 9769
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:34 pm
Country:
Location: Alberta, Canada

Re: More Mr Blue Pics

Postby Katrina » Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:06 pm

Mr Blue looks just gorgeous! Very shiny and healthy looking. :D

I don't see anything to be concerned about from those pics of scales. Some BTS have an odd scale or two, might be from a past injury. It might go away in a couple sheds or it might be as healed as it will even be - either way, there isn't much you can do about it. It is very, very minor. Unless he has issues shedding 2-3 sheds in a row (i.e. not shedding almost completely after 2-3 days) then humidity isn't a problem. Don't worry - give it 2-3 sheds. A humid hide will do more than soaking him if you really want to do something. :D
User avatar
NennaMeerkat
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 300
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:24 am
Country:
Location: Fort Worth Texas

Re: More Mr Blue Pics

Postby NennaMeerkat » Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:43 pm

Katrina Thanks muchly for your comment...I am a nervous new skink owner I guess. The fact that he came from a rough background just makes me worry more. Even worry about his weight since I see other's skinks looking so much more robust. Seems kinda boney in the back to me. So it is good to hear you say he looks shiny and healthy.

He gets more and more personality every day and I am hoping he will be ready to go to a reptile expo here in Texas in mid Feb. along with my bearded dragon (no worries I will be handling one and my husband the other). I enjoy showing off my scaley kids for as many people to see as possible.
User avatar
Katrina
The Daredevil
The Daredevil
Posts: 9769
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:34 pm
Country:
Location: Alberta, Canada

Re: More Mr Blue Pics

Postby Katrina » Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:04 pm

Don't worry - he looks in great shape. He will probably put on some weight, but I honestly don't think the conditions he came from were all that bad. They can survive some appalling conditions, but it doesn't appear like he was too badly off at all, certainly not a rough background! So relax and don't worry - he is just fine, certainly wasn't neglected or anything. :D

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 196 guests