I think Mr Blue enjoys having and audience when he eats. Today was feeding day. Wet dog food mixed with collard greens. He was very happy to get it and dug right into his meal. After making sure he would eat his greens as well as his protein I went to fix my own lunch. I of course had to leave the room to do it. Went back in to check on him and he had stopped eating. But as soon as he saw me standing there at his tank he went right back over to his meal and decided to eat again. He did this last week as well.
I also think he is used to getting fed more than once a week because he gets really really animated as soon as he smells and sees his food dish come into the room. Have to make sure I don't have food on my hands or anything cause I think if I gave him half a chance he would try to take a finger! Which is just fine by me, I like to see a good appetite and obvious enjoyment of his food.
Do any of you have skinks that do anything cute/silly while they eat? Besides what I think is an all around classic messy face afterwards?
Feeding Mr Blue
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
- NennaMeerkat
- Bluey Follower

- Posts: 300
- Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:24 am
- Country:
- Location: Fort Worth Texas
- Kbell31
- Bluey Addict

- Posts: 484
- Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:12 pm
- Country:
- Location: Ohio
Re: Feeding Mr Blue
Mine always wipes her face after she is finished eating. It can be counterproductive bc sometimes she ends up wipeing it in the unfinished food. She also seems to eat more readily when I am near, maybe they think we are going to steal it from them lol. Also she doesnt seem to like it when I take the dish out, even though I leave it in there for a half hr or so after she is done. Oh and when she eats too quickly she extends her head and body up swallowing and wriggling to push down the food. Her eyes get all squinty and I would say it is her least attractive look 
When life gets difficult, always remember you are being planted NOT buried!
- NennaMeerkat
- Bluey Follower

- Posts: 300
- Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:24 am
- Country:
- Location: Fort Worth Texas
Re: Feeding Mr Blue
Mr Blue inhales his food usually and so will often do the same lifting of his head and swallowing. He really does think it is gonna jump up and run I think. Or that I might want his protein. So cute to see his snout all covered in his chow.
Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 240 guests
