Oops....Roxy is actually Rocky or Roxs

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
ProCreationReptiles
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 132
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:48 am
Country:
Location: Kentucky
Contact:

Oops....Roxy is actually Rocky or Roxs

Postby ProCreationReptiles » Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:45 am

Original Post:

Well, I took Zack or Jeff's advice, been a couple weeks, lol, and I used the black paper idea to determine Roxy's sex. After I fed her, I happened to glance in her enclosure and right next to the urate was a white/yellowish looking plug thing.

Apparently my Roxy is a Rox if we are correct that it is a sperm plug......

So was hoping she was a female but if she is in fact a male, I will love him just the same...

Now just to be able to find a confirmed female.....

:D

I have a pic of the "sperm plug" if anyone could confirm/deny in fact that is what it is....

Updated after reading post "It's a boy":

That is not what the "sperm plug" looked like at all, guess there is still a good chance if Roxy being Roxy

:D
User avatar
Lauriek
Bluey Devotee
Bluey Devotee
Posts: 1918
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:51 am
Country:
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Re: Oops....Roxy is actually Rocky or Roxs

Postby Lauriek » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:39 am

Bluey names - I have to smile. You could still call him Roxy, you know. I have Sheba, who I think is actually Sheb, but Sheba he will always remain (Probably because the other shingleback is called Solomon !! :lol: )
Laurie & A Band O' Blotchies - Bliss (RIP). Barnum the Old Blotchie. Binti, the rescued Blotchie. The Shingles - Solomon & Sheba (Miss Houdini)

Be humble, because you are made of the Earth. Be noble, because you are made of the Stars. - Serbian proverb.
ProCreationReptiles
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 132
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:48 am
Country:
Location: Kentucky
Contact:

Re: Oops....Roxy is actually Rocky or Roxs

Postby ProCreationReptiles » Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:01 pm

Here is the picture.

Either a dried up plug or a dried up piece of Chicken?

Ne suggestions?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Roheryn
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 399
Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:04 pm
Country:
Location: Netherlands

Re: Oops....Roxy is actually Rocky or Roxs

Postby Roheryn » Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:43 pm

Doesn't look like a sperm plug to me, but hey I'm not that much of an expert (I've only seen one once ;) ) Could be some dried food?
each day's a gift, not a given right.
User avatar
Katrina
The Daredevil
The Daredevil
Posts: 9769
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:34 pm
Country:
Location: Alberta, Canada

Re: Oops....Roxy is actually Rocky or Roxs

Postby Katrina » Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:07 pm

Doesn't look like a sperm plug to me. Someone recently posted pics - they should be fairly stringy and opaque.

Either way don't worry - I have a boy named Kira. :lol: Not all of these guys are named correctly!
ProCreationReptiles
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 132
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:48 am
Country:
Location: Kentucky
Contact:

Re: Oops....Roxy is actually Rocky or Roxs

Postby ProCreationReptiles » Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:59 am

Woohoo! It is my friday and once again I have a four day weekend. Plan on spending alot of time with the herps, figuring out breeding projects for this season 2012.

I have a feeling that peice is a dried of piece of chicken, lol!

Gonna give it about another month or so and see if Roxy drops one..

Haven't seen anything like the pic that was posted yet....

Have a blessed day everyone....
User avatar
Richard.C
Kimberley Klan
Kimberley Klan
Posts: 10474
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:37 am
Country:
Location: melbourne australia

Re: Oops....Roxy is actually Rocky or Roxs

Postby Richard.C » Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:49 pm

do u have a pic of the skink itself

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 258 guests