Page 1 of 1

A BTS Christmas

Posted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 8:52 pm
by Susann
So the poor guys FINALLY got some better-looking stuff in their vivs, other than the pieces of cardboard and upside-down tubs they had before (which work great, just look a bit sad...).

All 3 - Copy.JPG


J.J.
JJ2.JPG


Milo
Milo.JPG


Xyla
Xyla.JPG


Milo and Xyla
Milo Xyla2.JPG

Re: A BTS Christmas

Posted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 8:54 pm
by Bird_Brain
Very jealous, Susann! Cages are beautiful as well as the skinks in them!

Re: A BTS Christmas

Posted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:03 pm
by Jeff
Those enclosures are awesome Susan!

Re: A BTS Christmas

Posted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:10 pm
by Susann
:oops: Very kind.
I REALLY hope Milo stops rubbing his nose raw now! It breaks my heart watching him traipse back and forth--back and forth, ALL day! He has got 3 hides and the plants. If that's not enough, I really don't know what I'm going to do. He looks like he has a cleft palate, that's how rubbed his lip is, you can see his top gum and a tooth when his mouth is closed! :cry:

Plan is to swap the small guys into two of these vivs, and give Milo and Xyla the big ones.
I'm hoping within a few weeks we can have all 5 vivs transferred upstairs, we'll overhaul all 5 and swap "who goes where" then. That will be almost 8 weeks of quarantine.

Re: A BTS Christmas

Posted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:37 am
by Kbell31
Question: Did you get the small plants with the thick leaves that are in all of the enclosures at Walmart? They all look great btw.

Re: A BTS Christmas

Posted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:49 am
by realis88
nice enclosure

Re: A BTS Christmas

Posted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:18 am
by Musoke
I love them! It looks so nice.

Elliot used to pace and rub his nose a whole lot when I first got him... he doesn't do it much at all anymore.
Maybe Milo will stop soon, too!

Re: A BTS Christmas

Posted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:57 pm
by Katrina
Love them!!! Gorgeous! Those are just beautiful enclosures, nice to see the newest additions getting all settled in. :D

Re: A BTS Christmas

Posted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:58 am
by Richard.C
they look great susann,animals and there enclosures

Re: A BTS Christmas

Posted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:34 am
by Roheryn
Looking great!! :thumbs:

Re: A BTS Christmas

Posted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:09 am
by Linnea
susann, those enclosures are amazing. and especially their new name-signs :'''D
i hope the noserubbing will get better....cover part of the front of the terrarium with a cloth for now? not beautiful but....

Re: A BTS Christmas

Posted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:20 am
by lemon1
Love the enclosures . What do you use for substrate ?

Re: A BTS Christmas

Posted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:13 pm
by Susann
lemon1 wrote:Love the enclosures . What do you use for substrate ?

That's Repti Bark in there right now.

Re: A BTS Christmas

Posted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:50 pm
by Kbell31
Kbell31 wrote:Question: Did you get the small plants with the thick leaves that are in all of the enclosures at Walmart? They all look great btw.


I ask bc I bought a plant that looked very similar to yours from Walmart for my enclosure and I had to return it bc I noticed the paint that was used on the pot rubbed off when wet. I went to clean it before I put it in the tank and the green patina all rubbed off and became a sticky and slimy mess. If it is I just wanted to caution you.

Re: A BTS Christmas

Posted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:52 pm
by Susann
Kbell31 wrote:I ask bc I bought a plant that looked very similar to yours from Walmart for my enclosure and I had to return it bc I noticed the paint that was used on the pot rubbed off when wet. I went to clean it before I put it in the tank and the green patina all rubbed off and became a sticky and slimy mess. If it is I just wanted to caution you.

WOAH! I will get them out right away!
THANK YOU!

Re: A BTS Christmas

Posted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:57 pm
by Kbell31
Your very welcome! I was a little miffed bc they are great little plants, very real looking.

Re: A BTS Christmas

Posted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:23 pm
by Panana_Blue
Beautiful enclosure...!! I'd like to build someting like that but still no point at my place too hot and humidity so high, which much better have more fresh air straight trough. Plus Im keeping all my skink not in house.