A BTS Christmas

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
User avatar
Susann
ADMIN
ADMIN
Posts: 4022
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:06 pm
Country: USA
Location: Utah

A BTS Christmas

Postby Susann » Sun Dec 25, 2011 8:52 pm

So the poor guys FINALLY got some better-looking stuff in their vivs, other than the pieces of cardboard and upside-down tubs they had before (which work great, just look a bit sad...).

All 3 - Copy.JPG


J.J.
JJ2.JPG


Milo
Milo.JPG


Xyla
Xyla.JPG


Milo and Xyla
Milo Xyla2.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Breeder and keeper of Meraukes from 2010 to 2022.
User avatar
Bird_Brain
The Happy Hitman
The Happy Hitman
Posts: 4079
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:11 pm
Country:
Location: Warren, Indiana

Re: A BTS Christmas

Postby Bird_Brain » Sun Dec 25, 2011 8:54 pm

Very jealous, Susann! Cages are beautiful as well as the skinks in them!
Brad
User avatar
Jeff
Vladik Pippery
Vladik Pippery
Posts: 5684
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:33 pm
Country:
Location: Arizona, USA
Contact:

Re: A BTS Christmas

Postby Jeff » Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:03 pm

Those enclosures are awesome Susan!
6.10.9 T. s. intermedia
2.2.7 T. s. scincoides
1.2.1 T. nigrolutea
2.2.0 T. r. rugosa
1.2.3 T.g. keyensis
2.0.5 T.s. chimaera
0.0.0. T. occipitalis
0.0.0. T. multifasciata
http://www.btskinks.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bluetong ... 846297977#
User avatar
Susann
ADMIN
ADMIN
Posts: 4022
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:06 pm
Country: USA
Location: Utah

Re: A BTS Christmas

Postby Susann » Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:10 pm

:oops: Very kind.
I REALLY hope Milo stops rubbing his nose raw now! It breaks my heart watching him traipse back and forth--back and forth, ALL day! He has got 3 hides and the plants. If that's not enough, I really don't know what I'm going to do. He looks like he has a cleft palate, that's how rubbed his lip is, you can see his top gum and a tooth when his mouth is closed! :cry:

Plan is to swap the small guys into two of these vivs, and give Milo and Xyla the big ones.
I'm hoping within a few weeks we can have all 5 vivs transferred upstairs, we'll overhaul all 5 and swap "who goes where" then. That will be almost 8 weeks of quarantine.
Breeder and keeper of Meraukes from 2010 to 2022.
User avatar
Kbell31
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict
Posts: 484
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:12 pm
Country:
Location: Ohio

Re: A BTS Christmas

Postby Kbell31 » Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:37 am

Question: Did you get the small plants with the thick leaves that are in all of the enclosures at Walmart? They all look great btw.
When life gets difficult, always remember you are being planted NOT buried!
User avatar
realis88
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 309
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 12:03 am
Country:
Location: indonesia

Re: A BTS Christmas

Postby realis88 » Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:49 am

nice enclosure
User avatar
Musoke
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 115
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:09 pm
Country:
Location: Grassie, Ontario

Re: A BTS Christmas

Postby Musoke » Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:18 am

I love them! It looks so nice.

Elliot used to pace and rub his nose a whole lot when I first got him... he doesn't do it much at all anymore.
Maybe Milo will stop soon, too!
- Meagan
Image
User avatar
Katrina
The Daredevil
The Daredevil
Posts: 9769
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:34 pm
Country:
Location: Alberta, Canada

Re: A BTS Christmas

Postby Katrina » Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:57 pm

Love them!!! Gorgeous! Those are just beautiful enclosures, nice to see the newest additions getting all settled in. :D
User avatar
Richard.C
Kimberley Klan
Kimberley Klan
Posts: 10474
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:37 am
Country:
Location: melbourne australia

Re: A BTS Christmas

Postby Richard.C » Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:58 am

they look great susann,animals and there enclosures
User avatar
Roheryn
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 399
Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:04 pm
Country:
Location: Netherlands

Re: A BTS Christmas

Postby Roheryn » Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:34 am

Looking great!! :thumbs:
each day's a gift, not a given right.
User avatar
Linnea
Swedish Flower
Swedish Flower
Posts: 1781
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:34 pm
Country:
Location: Sweden

Re: A BTS Christmas

Postby Linnea » Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:09 am

susann, those enclosures are amazing. and especially their new name-signs :'''D
i hope the noserubbing will get better....cover part of the front of the terrarium with a cloth for now? not beautiful but....
Litchie, northern 1.0
Pomme (Pomelo), northern 1.0
User avatar
lemon1
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 185
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:29 pm
Country:
Location: Winnipeg

Re: A BTS Christmas

Postby lemon1 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:20 am

Love the enclosures . What do you use for substrate ?
User avatar
Susann
ADMIN
ADMIN
Posts: 4022
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:06 pm
Country: USA
Location: Utah

Re: A BTS Christmas

Postby Susann » Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:13 pm

lemon1 wrote:Love the enclosures . What do you use for substrate ?

That's Repti Bark in there right now.
Breeder and keeper of Meraukes from 2010 to 2022.
User avatar
Kbell31
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict
Posts: 484
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:12 pm
Country:
Location: Ohio

Re: A BTS Christmas

Postby Kbell31 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:50 pm

Kbell31 wrote:Question: Did you get the small plants with the thick leaves that are in all of the enclosures at Walmart? They all look great btw.


I ask bc I bought a plant that looked very similar to yours from Walmart for my enclosure and I had to return it bc I noticed the paint that was used on the pot rubbed off when wet. I went to clean it before I put it in the tank and the green patina all rubbed off and became a sticky and slimy mess. If it is I just wanted to caution you.
When life gets difficult, always remember you are being planted NOT buried!
User avatar
Susann
ADMIN
ADMIN
Posts: 4022
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:06 pm
Country: USA
Location: Utah

Re: A BTS Christmas

Postby Susann » Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:52 pm

Kbell31 wrote:I ask bc I bought a plant that looked very similar to yours from Walmart for my enclosure and I had to return it bc I noticed the paint that was used on the pot rubbed off when wet. I went to clean it before I put it in the tank and the green patina all rubbed off and became a sticky and slimy mess. If it is I just wanted to caution you.

WOAH! I will get them out right away!
THANK YOU!
Breeder and keeper of Meraukes from 2010 to 2022.
User avatar
Kbell31
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict
Posts: 484
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:12 pm
Country:
Location: Ohio

Re: A BTS Christmas

Postby Kbell31 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:57 pm

Your very welcome! I was a little miffed bc they are great little plants, very real looking.
When life gets difficult, always remember you are being planted NOT buried!
User avatar
Panana_Blue
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 67
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:13 pm
Country:
Location: Malaysia

Re: A BTS Christmas

Postby Panana_Blue » Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:23 pm

Beautiful enclosure...!! I'd like to build someting like that but still no point at my place too hot and humidity so high, which much better have more fresh air straight trough. Plus Im keeping all my skink not in house.

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 311 guests