ask about snails

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
User avatar
realis88
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 309
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 12:03 am
Country:
Location: indonesia

ask about snails

Postby realis88 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:24 am

Terjemahan
whether all kinds of good snails for bluetongue?
in Indonesia is just the kind of snail that is easy to see
Which do you think is better to eat bluetongue
The first picture or second picture?

picture 1
Image

picture 2
Image

whether the negative impact when I often give the image a second type of snail?
User avatar
xxmonitorlizardxx
Walks with Squirrels
Walks with Squirrels
Posts: 4050
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:06 pm
Your Facebook name: Jeremy Johnson
Country:
Location: NJ, USA

Re: ask about snails

Postby xxmonitorlizardxx » Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:46 am

The first one has three eyes. ewwww :dead:
Merauke Blue Tongue Skink Breeder
https://www.facebook.com/JJReptiles/
User avatar
Bird_Brain
The Happy Hitman
The Happy Hitman
Posts: 4079
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:11 pm
Country:
Location: Warren, Indiana

Re: ask about snails

Postby Bird_Brain » Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:05 am

xxmonitorlizardxx wrote:The first one has three eyes. ewwww :dead:

No it doesnt. If you look at more pictures of land snails, you will note they have 2 "feelers" as well (I dont know the technical term).
Brad
User avatar
Bird_Brain
The Happy Hitman
The Happy Hitman
Posts: 4079
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:11 pm
Country:
Location: Warren, Indiana

Re: ask about snails

Postby Bird_Brain » Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:09 am

realis88 wrote:Terjemahan
whether all kinds of good snails for bluetongue?
in Indonesia is just the kind of snail that is easy to see
Which do you think is better to eat bluetongue
The first picture or second picture?
whether the negative impact when I often give the image a second type of snail?

I feel either would be fine. Basically the difference is the first appears to be a land snail and the second an aquatic snail. If I had the choice of either, Id go for the land snail just because that would be more likely the type they would eat in the wild. Also, when I think of aquatic animals, I get an image that they are all dirty animals and carry parasite. While that may not be true (and I have no evidence to support it, just a feeling I get), so I maybe biased towards the land animals.
Brad
User avatar
realis88
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 309
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 12:03 am
Country:
Location: indonesia

Re: ask about snails

Postby realis88 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:53 am

ReptileKing wrote:
realis88 wrote:Terjemahan
whether all kinds of good snails for bluetongue?
in Indonesia is just the kind of snail that is easy to see
Which do you think is better to eat bluetongue
The first picture or second picture?
whether the negative impact when I often give the image a second type of snail?

I feel either would be fine. Basically the difference is the first appears to be a land snail and the second an aquatic snail. If I had the choice of either, Id go for the land snail just because that would be more likely the type they would eat in the wild. Also, when I think of aquatic animals, I get an image that they are all dirty animals and carry parasite. While that may not be true (and I have no evidence to support it, just a feeling I get), so I maybe biased towards the land animals.

well I'll replace it with snails garden
Blucas
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 42
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:31 am
Country:
Location: United Kingdom

Re: ask about snails

Postby Blucas » Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:22 am

Picture one looks pretty much the same as the snails I just bought to breed for skink food, however the second picture looks like the snails I saw a local shop feed their bluey, so i'm sure either would be fine.
Jambi
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 53
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:00 pm
Country:

Re: ask about snails

Postby Jambi » Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:41 pm

2nd one is a Golden Mystery Snail, they're aquatic, probably less like what Skinks eat in the wild.
User avatar
realis88
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 309
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 12:03 am
Country:
Location: indonesia

Re: ask about snails

Postby realis88 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:33 pm

Blucas wrote:Picture one looks pretty much the same as the snails I just bought to breed for skink food, however the second picture looks like the snails I saw a local shop feed their bluey, so i'm sure either would be fine.

thanks for the answers :thumbs:
User avatar
realis88
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 309
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 12:03 am
Country:
Location: indonesia

Re: ask about snails

Postby realis88 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:38 pm

Jambi wrote:2nd one is a Golden Mystery Snail, they're aquatic, probably less like what Skinks eat in the wild.

i give to bluetongue by breaking the shell off his first :mrgreen:

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 368 guests