He's nearly 500g, not as much as I had expected, but beautifully healthy. The scarring on his head is showing more with age and he is getting a darker pigmentation around his cheeks and lips. I suspect this has something to do with being malnourished at an early age, but I have no proof of this, as yet. For those of you who don't know Kiah, he was rescued from neglectful conditions when he was about 2-3 years old. His scales were roughed up and weeping, bleeding in some areas. Part of his tail was missing and oozing from a dirty wound, his leg was broken with the bone poking through the skin and he also had gout in his back legs and was severely undernourished and skinny. Many of his ribs had caved, probably from MBD and running a finger along his flanks you could feel the crumbled bones, barely holding themselves together underneath.
Kiah has his scars, but to me he is handsome, so forgive his slight imperfections and enjoy the pictures!





