Morgause Update.

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
User avatar
ReptiFoot
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:08 pm
Country:
Location: Texas

Morgause Update.

Postby ReptiFoot » Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:56 am

Hey! Just thought I'd post a quick thread about my new IJ. I brought her home last Saturday, and she is settling in nicely.

I have her in a 40 gallon tank with 4ish inches of coconut substrate, flat rock for basking, cardboard hides, large water dish and plenty of burrow room. So far she spends all of her time burried unless being fed. (She wolfed down a serving of chopped veggies mixed with dog food yesterday.) I hope she'll start coming out on her own after a few more weeks of settling in. Her temperment is very mellow, the few times I had to bother her she has never been agressive or hissy. ^^; I'm super happy, and hope she continues to thrive.

I also have what is more than likey just a paranoid question. It looks to me that her hipbone(?) seem to stick out a bit. When I look at other blueys, they have thicker 'padding' there. Is this just because she's fairly slim all around, or because she needs to gain some weight? (It has a much sharper distinction than the pic shows..)

Image


Image
User avatar
Bird_Brain
The Happy Hitman
The Happy Hitman
Posts: 4079
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:11 pm
Country:
Location: Warren, Indiana

Re: Morgause Update.

Postby Bird_Brain » Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:31 am

IMO, she needs to gain weight. While she is not in horrible condition, I dont think she is in perfect shape either. I highly recommend a fecal exam.
Brad
User avatar
Susann
ADMIN
ADMIN
Posts: 4022
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:06 pm
Country: USA
Location: Utah

Re: Morgause Update.

Postby Susann » Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:54 am

How old is she?
She's not terribly underweight, but if she were my skink I would prefer her chunkier. If she's eating, I would keep offering her food. No huge amounts, keep them small, but maybe offer her food more often (depending on age, maybe offer her small amounts every day if she's less than 4-5 months, every other day if she's older than 5-6 months).

And send some poop to ReptileKing and he'll do a fecal for you. Free.
Breeder and keeper of Meraukes from 2010 to 2022.
User avatar
Linnea
Swedish Flower
Swedish Flower
Posts: 1781
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:34 pm
Country:
Location: Sweden

Re: Morgause Update.

Postby Linnea » Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:59 am

Much like the others said, I'd prefer it if a skink I owned weighted more than Morgause, though he looks a bit deflated on the photos so it might be him making himself flat, though id still say he needs some more grams.

I must compliment on his beautiful colours and eyes.
Litchie, northern 1.0
Pomme (Pomelo), northern 1.0

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 355 guests