Page 1 of 1

Merauke size including weight

Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:39 pm
by Susann
I have by no means made any extensive searches, but everything I find on Merauke size is mostly just citing length.

I have no doubt that my new Meraukes are healthy, but would just like to get a feel for where they fall on a length + weight spectrum.
So for those of you with Meraukes who know length and weight, would you mind posting those?

Mine:
New Merauke #1:
Image
Possibly male, around 5 yrs old, 24 inches, 720 grams.

New Merauke #2:
Image
Suspected male, around 5 yrs old, 26 inches, 921 grams.

New Merauke #3:
Image
Possibly female, around 5 yrs old, 23 inches, 880 grams.

Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:50 pm
by xxmonitorlizardxx
#2 & #3 would make a great pair.
The lengths sound just like meraukes. :D

Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:59 pm
by bluesrt
Well I don’t have the weight of mine, but yours seem to be streamline from head to tail. The last pic of the probable female looks a bit short/stocky and I assume that is what leads you to think female. Mine is around 5 months and 15” long. I really like the Meraukes and think they look equal body wise of all the blue tongue species.

Posted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:14 am
by realis88
nice merauke

Posted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:31 pm
by Susann
realis88 wrote:nice merauke
Thank you!

xxmonitorlizardxx wrote:#2 & #3 would make a great pair.
That's the plan!

bluesrt wrote:The last pic of the probable female looks a bit short/stocky and I assume that is what leads you to think female.
Actually, Merauke females tend to be bigger, at least longer, than males, so it's all the other over-all signs (except for trunk-length) that make her appear female. I was hoping #1 and #2 were girls, but it doesn't look like it.... I'm still holding out hope for #1 to turn out to be female :pray:

Any of these three will actually also be a good match for either of the two Meraukes I already had, so I'm going to give breeding my very best shot. If it's not something I end up successful at, I will definitely make sure someone does breed them, because all 5 of them are GORGEOUS and HAVE to multiply!

Posted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:56 pm
by xxmonitorlizardxx
Meraukes tend to have much longer tails and leaner bodies. My meraukes tail is literally half his length...
(Almost his tail is 9 inches and is Snout to Vent length is 11 inches)

Posted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:01 pm
by Kbell31
I just measured mine last night, she is around 1 year old and 22 inches-

Image