Look what I got! Updated w/new pics.

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
User avatar
Susann
ADMIN
ADMIN
Posts: 4022
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:06 pm
Country: USA
Location: Utah

Look what I got! Updated w/new pics.

Postby Susann » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:24 am

Check out what came in the mail! (Alright, I picked them up at the airport, but still.)

Image
Image
Image

Let's hear opinions on male/female. They are all Merauke, so no help needed there.
And any name suggestions would be welcome as well...

Check out the tail on this ...girl?! The same skink as in the middle picture above.
Image
Last edited by Susann on Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Breeder and keeper of Meraukes from 2010 to 2022.
User avatar
Musoke
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 115
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:09 pm
Country:
Location: Grassie, Ontario

Postby Musoke » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:36 am

YAY! So awesome!!

The last one is thick and chunky looking, so I'd guess female... the rest I really wouldn't know.
What are they like so far? I love how they're all such different shapes! GAH they're so cute!
Very happy for you. ^^
- Meagan
Image
User avatar
Eurastus
Forum Tech Geek
Forum Tech Geek
Posts: 40
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:49 pm
Country: USA
Location: Utah

Postby Eurastus » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:36 am

The one on the bottom is lookin' a little tubby while lying in a tub, so she has got to be named just that..."Tubby". You can call her "Tubs" for short.
User avatar
Susann
ADMIN
ADMIN
Posts: 4022
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:06 pm
Country: USA
Location: Utah

Postby Susann » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:41 am

Tubby it is! Look at that, my hubby named Tubby!
(...I happen to be married to Eurastus ...and THANKFULLY Eurastus is NOT his real name!)
Breeder and keeper of Meraukes from 2010 to 2022.
User avatar
Susann
ADMIN
ADMIN
Posts: 4022
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:06 pm
Country: USA
Location: Utah

Postby Susann » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:59 am

So far, let's just say I'm glad I haven't lost any fingers yet! Definitely not your average pet; they are wild caught, and spent their time in the U.S. so far in large breeding "collections", so they aren't tamed.
But SO much fun! So far.
And hopefully, with some consistent gentle handling, we'll get to where we trust each other.
Breeder and keeper of Meraukes from 2010 to 2022.
User avatar
Linnea
Swedish Flower
Swedish Flower
Posts: 1781
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:34 pm
Country:
Location: Sweden

Postby Linnea » Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:16 am

*__* new skinks, and theyre lovely!

i see one decided to shed, that means you have to post more photos of him/her once hes finished! (and the others)

name suggestions...hmm.....i bet someone is going to say candy cane soon so ill think of something else......

the top one has a really pretty nyance difference between body and tail, and when i looked at his back banding i kept staring. hes got two dots where a band couldve been, and its so cool! (not to mention his Y bandings on the tail<3) since you already feed them a little dogfood, how about naming him spot/pricken?

tubby looks tubby : D

and the shedding one, how about "Tails"? a character from the sonic series also have that as a name.
Litchie, northern 1.0
Pomme (Pomelo), northern 1.0
User avatar
StaceyLeigh
Northern Love
Northern Love
Posts: 1576
Joined: Thu May 19, 2011 4:24 pm
Country: USA
Location: CNY
Contact:

Postby StaceyLeigh » Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:30 am

Very nice, I love meraukes! Suggestion for name of the one shedding is Ruby, colors look reddish.
User avatar
Alioop
Loopy De Loop
Loopy De Loop
Posts: 2648
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:37 pm
Country:
Location: Buffalo, NY

Postby Alioop » Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:48 am

Wow!! Look at you doubling the size of your collection in one swoop! They're all gorgeous. Are these the three that Andrew Seike had for sale?
Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
-Alie-

1.0 Irian Jaya
1.1 Easterns
User avatar
Spindown
Reptilian Artisan
Reptilian Artisan
Posts: 2680
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:24 pm
Country:

Postby Spindown » Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:38 am

wow the tail on that one is sooooo long!
grats on your new beautiful meraukes!!!
~Alyy
Spindown Reptiles est. 2013 ------- Facebook.com/SpindownReptiles
Specializing in Kenyan Sand boas and Special Needs animal care.
User avatar
Karen
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict
Posts: 477
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:41 pm
Country: USA

Postby Karen » Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:45 pm

All so lovely! That top one looks a lot like my Sylvia, though I'm starting to think she might have a regrown tail, hers is not nearly so long. That one in the middle looks like it has some great color.
• 0.1.0 Merauke - Sylvia
• 0.0.1 Northern - Tiberi
User avatar
Jeff
Vladik Pippery
Vladik Pippery
Posts: 5684
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:33 pm
Country:
Location: Arizona, USA
Contact:

Postby Jeff » Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:23 pm

They look great Susan! I am glad you got them. Congratulations!
6.10.9 T. s. intermedia
2.2.7 T. s. scincoides
1.2.1 T. nigrolutea
2.2.0 T. r. rugosa
1.2.3 T.g. keyensis
2.0.5 T.s. chimaera
0.0.0. T. occipitalis
0.0.0. T. multifasciata
http://www.btskinks.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bluetong ... 846297977#
User avatar
xxmonitorlizardxx
Walks with Squirrels
Walks with Squirrels
Posts: 4050
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:06 pm
Your Facebook name: Jeremy Johnson
Country:
Location: NJ, USA

Postby xxmonitorlizardxx » Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:06 pm

ARE THEY ANDREWS!?!?
Merauke Blue Tongue Skink Breeder
https://www.facebook.com/JJReptiles/
User avatar
Katrina
The Daredevil
The Daredevil
Posts: 9769
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:34 pm
Country:
Location: Alberta, Canada

Postby Katrina » Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:21 pm

xxmonitorlizardxx wrote:ARE THEY ANDREWS!?!?


:nod:

Congrats, they are gorgeous! :D
User avatar
xxmonitorlizardxx
Walks with Squirrels
Walks with Squirrels
Posts: 4050
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:06 pm
Your Facebook name: Jeremy Johnson
Country:
Location: NJ, USA

Postby xxmonitorlizardxx » Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:49 pm

Wow... I was right about to get them...

You better breed them... :boxing:
Merauke Blue Tongue Skink Breeder
https://www.facebook.com/JJReptiles/
User avatar
xxmonitorlizardxx
Walks with Squirrels
Walks with Squirrels
Posts: 4050
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:06 pm
Your Facebook name: Jeremy Johnson
Country:
Location: NJ, USA

Postby xxmonitorlizardxx » Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:55 pm

Linnea wrote:name suggestions...hmm.....i bet someone is going to say candy cane soon so ill think of something else......

I think so to so I'll say before they do.
Name the second one candy cane!!! :mega:
Merauke Blue Tongue Skink Breeder
https://www.facebook.com/JJReptiles/
User avatar
655321
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 96
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:30 pm
Country:
Location: US
Contact:

Postby 655321 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:58 pm

They're all gorgeous, congrats!!!
0.0.1 T. s. intermedia
0.0.1 Lampropeltis alterna

Find my nature inspired jewelry and figurines for sale on Etsy here!
User avatar
Susann
ADMIN
ADMIN
Posts: 4022
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:06 pm
Country: USA
Location: Utah

Postby Susann » Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:11 pm

Thank you everybody!
It’s already been said, but I will confirm; YES I got them from Andrew Seike. :banana:

Life has suddenly turned into a mad-house; I won’t bore you with details, but let’s just say suddenly deciding to add 3 full-grown skinks, :shock: and receiving them the next day, has kept me running nearly 24/7.
I had to quickly throw up some pictures though, just to brag a bit, so thank you for all the congrats and name-suggestions!

I will be back as soon as I can, and I promise to bring pictures.
Breeder and keeper of Meraukes from 2010 to 2022.
User avatar
HarleyK
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:54 am
Country:
Location: Northern Cali

Postby HarleyK » Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:07 pm

Very nice pickup. Thanks for sharing.
User avatar
Katrina
The Daredevil
The Daredevil
Posts: 9769
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:34 pm
Country:
Location: Alberta, Canada

Postby Katrina » Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:44 pm

My guess for sexes would be M, M, F. Just guesses though, since Andrew was selling them as 1.1.1 I am assuming the one is a tricky one to sex. From the one photo I'd guess male. :noknow:
User avatar
xxmonitorlizardxx
Walks with Squirrels
Walks with Squirrels
Posts: 4050
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:06 pm
Your Facebook name: Jeremy Johnson
Country:
Location: NJ, USA

Postby xxmonitorlizardxx » Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:48 pm

I would guess Male, Male, Female as well.
Look at the length of the tails :tasty:
Merauke Blue Tongue Skink Breeder
https://www.facebook.com/JJReptiles/

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 348 guests