Page 1 of 1

Repashy Veggie Dust VF

Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:09 pm
by MissMeg
I went to this awsome pet store today. Boy was I impressed. All the reptiles had enclosures that suited their needs and the boy I walked to seemd to know his stuff. It was very clean.

Anywho back to my question

I picked up some repashy veggie dust VF. IT was on sale. It says you can eithor sprinkle, "Shake and back" Or make a dressing out of it. And you just put it on veggies you feed to your rep.

Do you think it will be okay for my BTS... There is D activated animal sterol (Source of vit d3) and vitamin A acetate and a bunch of other stuff.

**
This product was developed to boost and balance the nutritional value of vegetable diets. It is designed to be used in combination with green lefy vegetables as a "topper" or mixed with water and added as a "dressing". When used with every feeding, no additional supplementation is necessary -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Ingredients: HempSeed Meal, Alfalfa Meal, Fig Powder, Honey Powder, Defatted Wheat Germ Meal, Bee Pollen, Brewers Yeast, Calcium Carbonate, Calcium Caseinate (source of Isolated Protein) Spirulina Algae, Dicalcium Phosphate, Haemotococcus Algae, Marigold Extract, RoseHips Powder, Rosemary Extract, Yucca Extract, Natural Mixed Tocopherols (as a preservative),Vitamin A acetate, D-Activated Animal Sterol (Source of Vitamin D-3) ,Dried Aspergillus Oryzae Fermentation Extract, Dried Aspergillus Niger Fermentation Extract, Dried Lactobacillus Fermentation Product, Dried Bifidobacterium Thermophilum Fermentation Product, Dried Bifidobacterium Longum Fermentation Product, Dried Enterococcus Faecium Fermentation Product and Dried Bacillus Subtilis Fermentation Product -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Directions: Rinse Vegetables, and either sprinkle product over the top liberally, or put veggies in a plastic bag or container along with Dust, and mix in a “shake and bake” manner.You can also mix it with water and use it like a "dressing". Recommended rate of supplementation is 5%-10% by weght with fresh vegetables at each feeding.
**

Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:06 pm
by hurricanejen
Veggie dust is a bit of an older formula of Repashy's supplement line. The more up to date version is:
http://lllreptile.com/store/catalog/rep ... -53oz-jar/

It's great for tortoises and uromastyx, and other similar strictly vegetarian animals, but I haven't personally used it for a more omnivorous type animal. Repashy does make an excellent well rounded calcium and multivitamin called "calcium plus", which I use and really like - it's fruity smelling and tends to entice the skinks and geckos to try it out.

Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:56 pm
by MissMeg
Thats probably why it was on sale lol.

So.. Should I try it.. or not. I only paid 4 bucks for it.

I know ill still have to supplement calcium probably but I worry about the vit a and d... and some of the other weird things in it

Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:05 pm
by Fatal_S
I don't think it will hurt to use at all. I use two supplements that were designed for vegetarian animals on occasion, and another all-purpose supplement. Not including the usual calcium w/ D3. Variety doesn't hurt.

Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:26 pm
by hurricanejen
Exactly what fatal_s said, variety is always good! The repashy mixes are pretty well done and balanced, he just changes the formula often as he learns new things about diet and supplementation. I like the way the line has condensed down, there used be a formula for a handful of different species, in addition to a powdered meal replacement formula for at least 10 different animals, PLUS the start of the vitamin line. Keeping track of all that was a nightmare!

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is that the repashy supplements and diets are very well researched, revamped often, and honestly pretty excellent. If yours was discounted that much, make sure to check the expiration date. If it's not expired, use it! :)

Posted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:14 pm
by MissMeg
You know what. I think its expired. exp 06 2011 ..... Oh well. They got me lol

Posted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:31 pm
by MissMeg
Quick question. What are good vit a and vit d doses. It says here 1,000 IU/b for D3 I take vit d3 and its not even that much Is this okay? same with the vit a its 10,000 IU/b

(Im looking at buying new stuff)