Page 1 of 1

SKIN?

Posted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:45 pm
by Susann
Been meaning to ask this for a while.
Which vegetables do you remove the skin from when feeding a BTS? Or are they all good to go, just grate away?
Katrina removes skin from pumpkin, but there are a few squashes that are buggers to cut through the skin; anyone tried to skin an acorn squash?

Posted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:00 pm
by xxmonitorlizardxx
I cut acorn squash into little pieces. And the pieces that have skin on I cut the skink off.

Posted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:01 pm
by Susann
xxmonitorlizardxx wrote:And the pieces that have skin on I cut the skink off.
:shock: :? :shock: DON'T CUT THE SKINK OFF!! :lol:

Posted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:06 pm
by xxmonitorlizardxx
lol I tried to change it as soon as I could before anyone saw :kw:
:lol:

Posted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:06 pm
by Tanith
Susann wrote:
xxmonitorlizardxx wrote:And the pieces that have skin on I cut the skink off.
:shock: :? :shock: DON'T CUT THE SKINK OFF!! :lol:

Hahaha! :rofl:

Posted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:13 pm
by Katrina
ML - :lol: That was funny!

This is pretty arbitrary, no scientific reason for why I remove some skins and not others. I hadn't really thought of it much before.

I skin squashes, the only exception is zucchini - I grate it up with skin. Yep, I've skinned acorn squash.

I don't skin fruits like apples, tomatoes, etc but I don't feed those super often either. I also don't take the shell off of peas or beans when I feed them, just chop them finely. On the rare occasion I feed cucumber I don't peel it either. I guess if I would eat the skin myself then I leave it on for the skinks.