SKIN?

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
User avatar
Susann
ADMIN
ADMIN
Posts: 4022
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:06 pm
Country: USA
Location: Utah

SKIN?

Postby Susann » Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:45 pm

Been meaning to ask this for a while.
Which vegetables do you remove the skin from when feeding a BTS? Or are they all good to go, just grate away?
Katrina removes skin from pumpkin, but there are a few squashes that are buggers to cut through the skin; anyone tried to skin an acorn squash?
Breeder and keeper of Meraukes from 2010 to 2022.
User avatar
xxmonitorlizardxx
Walks with Squirrels
Walks with Squirrels
Posts: 4050
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:06 pm
Your Facebook name: Jeremy Johnson
Country:
Location: NJ, USA

Postby xxmonitorlizardxx » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:00 pm

I cut acorn squash into little pieces. And the pieces that have skin on I cut the skink off.
Merauke Blue Tongue Skink Breeder
https://www.facebook.com/JJReptiles/
User avatar
Susann
ADMIN
ADMIN
Posts: 4022
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:06 pm
Country: USA
Location: Utah

Postby Susann » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:01 pm

xxmonitorlizardxx wrote:And the pieces that have skin on I cut the skink off.
:shock: :? :shock: DON'T CUT THE SKINK OFF!! :lol:
Breeder and keeper of Meraukes from 2010 to 2022.
User avatar
xxmonitorlizardxx
Walks with Squirrels
Walks with Squirrels
Posts: 4050
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:06 pm
Your Facebook name: Jeremy Johnson
Country:
Location: NJ, USA

Postby xxmonitorlizardxx » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:06 pm

lol I tried to change it as soon as I could before anyone saw :kw:
:lol:
Merauke Blue Tongue Skink Breeder
https://www.facebook.com/JJReptiles/
User avatar
Tanith
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 45
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:22 pm
Country:
Location: Manitoba

Postby Tanith » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:06 pm

Susann wrote:
xxmonitorlizardxx wrote:And the pieces that have skin on I cut the skink off.
:shock: :? :shock: DON'T CUT THE SKINK OFF!! :lol:

Hahaha! :rofl:
User avatar
Katrina
The Daredevil
The Daredevil
Posts: 9769
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:34 pm
Country:
Location: Alberta, Canada

Postby Katrina » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:13 pm

ML - :lol: That was funny!

This is pretty arbitrary, no scientific reason for why I remove some skins and not others. I hadn't really thought of it much before.

I skin squashes, the only exception is zucchini - I grate it up with skin. Yep, I've skinned acorn squash.

I don't skin fruits like apples, tomatoes, etc but I don't feed those super often either. I also don't take the shell off of peas or beans when I feed them, just chop them finely. On the rare occasion I feed cucumber I don't peel it either. I guess if I would eat the skin myself then I leave it on for the skinks.

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 222 guests