Needs name?

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!

Name?

Sage
2
22%
Caramel
1
11%
Jessica
1
11%
Serina
1
11%
Sera
2
22%
Other (Please post)
2
22%
 
Total votes: 9
User avatar
phaemas
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast
Posts: 550
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:47 am
Country:
Location: winnipeg,manitoba, canada

Needs name?

Postby phaemas » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:08 pm

So this little girl needs a name and I can't decide.

Image
ZombieBTS
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:37 pm
Country:

Postby ZombieBTS » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:11 pm

I gotta say sage or caramel
User avatar
xxmonitorlizardxx
Walks with Squirrels
Walks with Squirrels
Posts: 4050
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:06 pm
Your Facebook name: Jeremy Johnson
Country:
Location: NJ, USA

Postby xxmonitorlizardxx » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:34 pm

Candycane?
Merauke Blue Tongue Skink Breeder
https://www.facebook.com/JJReptiles/
User avatar
Katrina
The Daredevil
The Daredevil
Posts: 9769
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:34 pm
Country:
Location: Alberta, Canada

Postby Katrina » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:36 pm

I like Sage. I almost named Sam that, but we went with a unisex name. :D
User avatar
Bird_Brain
The Happy Hitman
The Happy Hitman
Posts: 4079
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:11 pm
Country:
Location: Warren, Indiana

Postby Bird_Brain » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:37 pm

Nope, Sage is already taken! ;)
Brad
User avatar
Katrina
The Daredevil
The Daredevil
Posts: 9769
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:34 pm
Country:
Location: Alberta, Canada

Postby Katrina » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:40 pm

ReptileKing wrote:Nope, Sage is already taken! ;)

:doh: I NEVER would have thought I couldn't have a name because Brad is already using it! :hehe:
User avatar
phaemas
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast
Posts: 550
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:47 am
Country:
Location: winnipeg,manitoba, canada

Postby phaemas » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:41 pm

Brad, Share :) XD
User avatar
lemon1
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 185
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:29 pm
Country:
Location: Winnipeg

Postby lemon1 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:43 pm

How do you know it's a girl ? I like Sage a lot .
User avatar
Scooter_in_Kindergarten
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 152
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:25 pm
Country:
Location: Central Florida

Postby Scooter_in_Kindergarten » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:22 pm

Sage is a good name :) Kink would be a cute name too, since she has a li'l kink in her tail ;-) Kink the Skink !!! :clap:
User avatar
ExtremeJustin
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 198
Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 10:23 am
Country: USA
Location: Tampa,Florida

Postby ExtremeJustin » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:15 am

Katrina wrote:I like Sage. I almost named Sam that, but we went with a unisex name. :D


I'm with you there. If you use those gender based names you could end up with a girl named Thor like I did (we ended up changing it to Thora with Thor as a short nickname for Thora) or a male named Kira like Katrina did. (It was Kira that turned out to be male, right?)

Of course it's probably not an issue unless you decide to breed later. Since you've already expressed interest in that, I would try going with a unisex name. But that's all just personal preference :)

Justin
No, it's a SKINK not a SKUNK. Er, no, it's not a Blue Tongued Skank---although I do think I dated one of those at some point.
• 0.1.0 Eastern Blue Tongued Skink (Thor[a])
R.I.P:
1.0.0 Leopard Gecko (Lou)
1.0.0 Dwarf Bunny (Mars, the Tie Dye Bunny)
• 0.0.1 Indonesian Blue Tongued Skink (Inari)
User avatar
Linnea
Swedish Flower
Swedish Flower
Posts: 1781
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:34 pm
Country:
Location: Sweden

Postby Linnea » Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:01 am

caramel :D
Litchie, northern 1.0
Pomme (Pomelo), northern 1.0
User avatar
phaemas
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast
Posts: 550
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:47 am
Country:
Location: winnipeg,manitoba, canada

Postby phaemas » Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:30 pm

Sage and Serina are my top favs:)
User avatar
aggiegirl
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict
Posts: 807
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:19 pm
Country:

name game

Postby aggiegirl » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:10 pm

We are 0:2 on guessing skink gender in my household so I am a fan of genderless names. Sage is cute and could go either way....
User avatar
aggiegirl
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict
Posts: 807
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:19 pm
Country:

besides....

Postby aggiegirl » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:13 pm

The fact that Brad has already used it and is trying to monopolize it makes Sage an even better choice! :ohyes: Hehe....
User avatar
Katrina
The Daredevil
The Daredevil
Posts: 9769
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:34 pm
Country:
Location: Alberta, Canada

Postby Katrina » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:14 pm

ExtremeJustin wrote:(It was Kira that turned out to be male, right?)


:nod:

The boyfriend wanted to name the next skink, a known male, Sue to make Kira feel better. :hehe:
User avatar
xxmonitorlizardxx
Walks with Squirrels
Walks with Squirrels
Posts: 4050
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:06 pm
Your Facebook name: Jeremy Johnson
Country:
Location: NJ, USA

Postby xxmonitorlizardxx » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:16 pm

I dont understand how you named her Serina even though candycane is a waaaaaaaaay better name :roll:
Merauke Blue Tongue Skink Breeder
https://www.facebook.com/JJReptiles/
User avatar
ExtremeJustin
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 198
Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 10:23 am
Country: USA
Location: Tampa,Florida

Postby ExtremeJustin » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:37 pm

Katrina wrote:
ExtremeJustin wrote:(It was Kira that turned out to be male, right?)


:nod:

The boyfriend wanted to name the next skink, a known male, Sue to make Kira feel better. :hehe:


I don't know if you get the Late Late Show in Canada but Craig Ferguson used to joke all the time of something to the effect that you can't tell if it's a boy or a girl with names that could go either way like Pat, Sam, or Susan...
No, it's a SKINK not a SKUNK. Er, no, it's not a Blue Tongued Skank---although I do think I dated one of those at some point.
• 0.1.0 Eastern Blue Tongued Skink (Thor[a])
R.I.P:
1.0.0 Leopard Gecko (Lou)
1.0.0 Dwarf Bunny (Mars, the Tie Dye Bunny)
• 0.0.1 Indonesian Blue Tongued Skink (Inari)
User avatar
Linnea
Swedish Flower
Swedish Flower
Posts: 1781
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:34 pm
Country:
Location: Sweden

Postby Linnea » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:45 am

but katrina, kira is a both male and female japanese name.

Kira is one of the most famous names from death note, its the extra name/alias of the main character.

translated from japanese kira kira also means sparkle or sparkly :D
Litchie, northern 1.0
Pomme (Pomelo), northern 1.0
User avatar
phaemas
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast
Posts: 550
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:47 am
Country:
Location: winnipeg,manitoba, canada

Postby phaemas » Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:46 pm

OH! I read a book called Kira Kira! And it means Glittering:)

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 194 guests