The difference a shed makes

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
User avatar
Katrina
The Daredevil
The Daredevil
Posts: 9769
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:34 pm
Country:
Location: Alberta, Canada

The difference a shed makes

Postby Katrina » Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:35 pm

I know lots of us have heard of animals being offered as anerythrystic or silver etc but really those animals are just in shed. Rollie kind of amazes me how much he lightens, so I thought I'd post a couple pics to show the difference it can make!

Pre-shed:
Image
Image

Normal:
Image
Image
Image

On an off-topic note, Rollie just surprised me. Got him in May, assuming adult and pretty much full grown at 23". Just measured him and he is almost 25" long - so has grown considerably and is LONG. :shock: How long is your longest? I thought anything above 23" was long but it seems a couple of mine have added length this summer and are pushing that mark. I couldn't believe Rollie passed 2'. Even Kira, who I thought was a muchkin, has grown this summer and at 4 years is now about 23".
User avatar
Bird_Brain
The Happy Hitman
The Happy Hitman
Posts: 4079
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:11 pm
Country:
Location: Warren, Indiana

Postby Bird_Brain » Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:41 pm

Rollie is Beautiful!! I will have to measure Baylee. He is the longest skink I have.
Brad
User avatar
Nae
Forum Graphic Designer
Forum Graphic Designer
Posts: 1889
Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:30 am
Country:
Location: Western Australia

Postby Nae » Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:46 pm

Wow! I am finding it hard to believe they are the same bluey! :lol:
User avatar
xxmonitorlizardxx
Walks with Squirrels
Walks with Squirrels
Posts: 4050
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:06 pm
Your Facebook name: Jeremy Johnson
Country:
Location: NJ, USA

Postby xxmonitorlizardxx » Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:48 pm

You had him since may?
Merauke Blue Tongue Skink Breeder
https://www.facebook.com/JJReptiles/
User avatar
Katrina
The Daredevil
The Daredevil
Posts: 9769
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:34 pm
Country:
Location: Alberta, Canada

Postby Katrina » Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:52 pm

xxmonitorlizardxx wrote:You had him since may?


Yeah, I got him sometime in May. I had to check through old emails to be sure! Why?

Edit - Nice avatar Brad! :D
User avatar
xxmonitorlizardxx
Walks with Squirrels
Walks with Squirrels
Posts: 4050
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:06 pm
Your Facebook name: Jeremy Johnson
Country:
Location: NJ, USA

Postby xxmonitorlizardxx » Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:05 pm

Katrina wrote:
xxmonitorlizardxx wrote:You had him since may?


Yeah, I got him sometime in May. I had to check through old emails to be sure! Why?

Edit - Nice avatar Brad! :D
Didnt you tell us about him like a month or two ago? You must inform us whenever you get a beauty like him as soon a possible. :drool:
Merauke Blue Tongue Skink Breeder
https://www.facebook.com/JJReptiles/
User avatar
Katrina
The Daredevil
The Daredevil
Posts: 9769
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:34 pm
Country:
Location: Alberta, Canada

Postby Katrina » Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:26 pm

xxmonitorlizardxx wrote: You must inform us whenever you get a beauty like him as soon a possible. :drool:


Have I mentioned what impeccable taste in blueys you have? :hehe: It seems most people comment on the Northerns, but I really love the Meraukes (and I have to admit that Rollie is just gorgeous).

Don't worry - I don't keep new acquisitions secret for long at all! And I really don't think I could be accused of being stingy with the pictures.

Look at that tail! :D
Image[/img]
User avatar
Fatal_S
Take Flight
Take Flight
Posts: 8391
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:40 pm
Your Facebook name: Mel's Exotics
Country: Canada
Location: Manitoba
Contact:

Postby Fatal_S » Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:04 pm

Right before my trip I fed all the skinks and was shocked by how grey Canasta was O.O There was no color on her at all. Now of course she's shedding and back to her normal self. I'll have to get photos of everyone before they start going down for their winter naps.
User avatar
Zach
Grand Cicada
Grand Cicada
Posts: 7550
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 8:38 pm
Country:
Location: Orygun
Contact:

Postby Zach » Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:29 pm

Oooooh, that'd be a good comparison shot for the photo trickery area on the C.S...

Gorgeous!

+ 2.2 Irian Jaya (Slurpy, Nona, Sassy, Cool Moe Dee)
+ 1.1 Eastern (Eugene, Enzo)
+ 1.2 Northern (Niko, Pearl, Peach)
+ 1.0 Tanimbar Island (TQ)

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 190 guests