expert opinions on the sex of my Meaurke

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
User avatar
Anderous
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 40
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:01 pm
Country:
Location: Gresham Oregon

expert opinions on the sex of my Meaurke

Postby Anderous » Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:48 am

Hi, I was just wondering if all the experts on here could take a guess on the sex of my little skinkur. I know its nearlly impossible, but ive really been wondering latelly, anyway, here are the pics
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves.

The three core values of American society: Lying, Cheating, and stealing.
User avatar
Bird_Brain
The Happy Hitman
The Happy Hitman
Posts: 4079
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:11 pm
Country:
Location: Warren, Indiana

Postby Bird_Brain » Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:42 am

I want to say female, however, I am not very confident on that guess. The body says female, but when I look at the tail I want to say male. Im going with my first instinct and stick with female.
Brad
User avatar
Linnea
Swedish Flower
Swedish Flower
Posts: 1781
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:34 pm
Country:
Location: Sweden

Postby Linnea » Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:52 am

first thing i think of is female - tail tells me male.

so its absolutely the same as reptile kings answer *facepalm*

im not a bts gender expert. but i am good at guessing when the odds are 50 / 50 8)
Litchie, northern 1.0
Pomme (Pomelo), northern 1.0
User avatar
Susann
ADMIN
ADMIN
Posts: 4022
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:06 pm
Country: USA
Location: Utah

Postby Susann » Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:37 am

BEAUTIFUL PATTERN!!! :shock: :lovestruck:

I'm also trying to figure out gender of my two Meraukes, and with every one of our reptiles I've been wrong, so I'm not even going to guess.
....but then again, I have been 100% wrong so far with each one that has been "proven", and 100% wrong even with the "fairly certain because of traits", so...... if I make a guess, you can be fairly certain that it's the oposite.
My first instinkt was to say GIRL. Let me know if you are able to ever have it "confirmed". :)
Breeder and keeper of Meraukes from 2010 to 2022.
Pipa
Trachydosaurus.de
Trachydosaurus.de
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2004 10:37 am
Country:

Postby Pipa » Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:16 am

.

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 304 guests