I noticed that she hasn't been hiding in her hide for a day or so (at least not when I was home. I put down I decided just on a whim to check her weight today and it looks like she gained 15 grams since just yesterday (without eating anything). And yesterday's weight was 15 grams higher than the week before (she was fed during that time though). Is it normal to gain 30 grams in just a weeks time without being gravid?
Another question: Are BTS more squirmy / reluctant to be held when gravid?
Update on possibly gravid Indonesian (weight gain?)
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
- ExtremeJustin
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 198
- Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 10:23 am
- Country: USA
- Location: Tampa,Florida
Update on possibly gravid Indonesian (weight gain?)
No, it's a SKINK not a SKUNK. Er, no, it's not a Blue Tongued Skank---although I do think I dated one of those at some point.
• 0.1.0 Eastern Blue Tongued Skink (Thor[a])
R.I.P:
1.0.0 Leopard Gecko (Lou)
1.0.0 Dwarf Bunny (Mars, the Tie Dye Bunny)
• 0.0.1 Indonesian Blue Tongued Skink (Inari)
• 0.1.0 Eastern Blue Tongued Skink (Thor[a])
R.I.P:
1.0.0 Leopard Gecko (Lou)
1.0.0 Dwarf Bunny (Mars, the Tie Dye Bunny)
• 0.0.1 Indonesian Blue Tongued Skink (Inari)
- Helikaon
- Patternless Pursuit

- Posts: 665
- Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:15 am
- Country:
- Location: qld Australia
I find my easterns when gravid and eating well will increase about 30grams a week i usually do not start weighing them until they have started behaving gravid, up early to bask and last to stop basking and so forth. But if you got a 15g increase in one day without food i would say she drank 15mls of water
Be The Rat!!!
- Jeff
- Vladik Pippery

- Posts: 5684
- Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:33 pm
- Country:
- Location: Arizona, USA
- Contact:
Yeah, you really can't learn anything by weighing them twice in 24 hours. I have had a skink lose 70 grams in 2 seconds by relieving itself right after I weighed her.
I always weigh my gravid females on the same day of the week at the same time. That way I have the best chance of getting weights that aren't influenced by how much they just drank, ate, or eliminated.
I always weigh my gravid females on the same day of the week at the same time. That way I have the best chance of getting weights that aren't influenced by how much they just drank, ate, or eliminated.
6.10.9 T. s. intermedia
2.2.7 T. s. scincoides
1.2.1 T. nigrolutea
2.2.0 T. r. rugosa
1.2.3 T.g. keyensis
2.0.5 T.s. chimaera
0.0.0. T. occipitalis
0.0.0. T. multifasciata
http://www.btskinks.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bluetong ... 846297977#
2.2.7 T. s. scincoides
1.2.1 T. nigrolutea
2.2.0 T. r. rugosa
1.2.3 T.g. keyensis
2.0.5 T.s. chimaera
0.0.0. T. occipitalis
0.0.0. T. multifasciata
http://www.btskinks.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bluetong ... 846297977#
Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 434 guests
