My Indo and Tanimbar!

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
Owlstar
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:55 pm
Country:
Location: Hillsboro, Oregon
Contact:

My Indo and Tanimbar!

Postby Owlstar » Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:16 pm

Thought I should share with some BTS lovers, my friends and parents think I'm crazy as I go goggly eyed on my skinks, or any of my other reptiles or pets for that matter. [Sorry for low quality, iTouch pictures!]

Here's Cobalt, he's my Indonesian... I'm not sure how old he is, but I don't think he's full grown yet. There are a few more pictures of him than my Tanimbar.
Image Here he is looking curiously at why I'm taking a picture of him during dinner time.

Image

Image A little peak from his burrow.

Image My finger is a comfortable pillow.

Again, a few pictures of my Tanimbar, Tarzan [though from his fierceness upon arrival he has been labeled "Nero", "Atila" and "Genghis Khan"].

Image His first night home!

Image Showing off his pinkness and adorable-ness.

My skinks! :D
1 Silver Tanimbar Blue Tongue Skink
1 Indonesian Blue Tongue Skink
1 Bearded Dragon
1 Crested Gecko
1 Saharan Uromastyx
1 Jackson's Chameleon
1 Dogs
2 Rabbits
18 chickens
User avatar
Nae
Forum Graphic Designer
Forum Graphic Designer
Posts: 1889
Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:30 am
Country:
Location: Western Australia

Postby Nae » Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:38 pm

They're gorgeous :D Ive never seen a pink tanni, thats really interesting~

Welcome to the forum!
User avatar
Katrina
The Daredevil
The Daredevil
Posts: 9769
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:34 pm
Country:
Location: Alberta, Canada

Postby Katrina » Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:01 pm

Gorgeous!! Welcome to the forum!! They looks great. :D

How long have you had them?
User avatar
Bird_Brain
The Happy Hitman
The Happy Hitman
Posts: 4079
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:11 pm
Country:
Location: Warren, Indiana

Postby Bird_Brain » Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:25 pm

Looking great! I have a few tannies that "pink up" as well. They tend to get more pink when handled/stressed.
Brad
Owlstar
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:55 pm
Country:
Location: Hillsboro, Oregon
Contact:

Postby Owlstar » Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:06 am

I've had the indo since January 27 2011, and I was given the 7 yr. old Tanimbar on September 6th, so he's a new one.
1 Silver Tanimbar Blue Tongue Skink
1 Indonesian Blue Tongue Skink
1 Bearded Dragon
1 Crested Gecko
1 Saharan Uromastyx
1 Jackson's Chameleon
1 Dogs
2 Rabbits
18 chickens
User avatar
Toxique
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 164
Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 2:42 pm
Country:
Location: Wisconsin, USA

Postby Toxique » Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:51 am

Heehe! I've got a ball python named Nero! But very nice lizards you've got!
1.0.0 Mortimer, Irian Jaya BTS
1.0.0 Nero, Pastel morph ball python
1.0.0 Wheatley, kitty
User avatar
realis88
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 309
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 12:03 am
Country:
Location: indonesia

Postby realis88 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:42 am

i have gold tanimbar
i want silver tanimbar :(
Owlstar
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:55 pm
Country:
Location: Hillsboro, Oregon
Contact:

Postby Owlstar » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:16 pm

A gold sounds cool too! But I think one of my favorite to look at are the Blotched ones. I think their pattern is really cool.
1 Silver Tanimbar Blue Tongue Skink
1 Indonesian Blue Tongue Skink
1 Bearded Dragon
1 Crested Gecko
1 Saharan Uromastyx
1 Jackson's Chameleon
1 Dogs
2 Rabbits
18 chickens
User avatar
JoshChimera
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict
Posts: 1099
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:50 pm
Country:
Location: the Bay Area CA USA

Postby JoshChimera » Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:05 am

Your Tanimbar has such a strong looking tail. Great looking skink.
1.0.0 Tanimbar Island Blue Tongue Skink T. scincoides chimaerea Silver Phase
0.1.0 Taiwanese Beauty Rat snake
0.1.0 Variable King snake
1.0.1 Emerald swift (captive born)
1.2.0 Jeweled Eyed Lacerta
1.0.0 Western Hognose snake

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 159 guests