Some juvy Blueys

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
User avatar
RoryBreaker
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict
Posts: 773
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:40 am
Country:
Location: Queensland,Australia

Some juvy Blueys

Postby RoryBreaker » Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:35 am

Everyone likes looking at pics , here's a few youngsters I'm growing up at the moment . Enjoy

NT Northern
Image
Nt Northern
Image
NSW Eastern
Image
NSW Eastern
Image

Cheers
Last edited by RoryBreaker on Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
RoryBreaker
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict
Posts: 773
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:40 am
Country:
Location: Queensland,Australia

Postby RoryBreaker » Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:42 am

some more...

NT ( Darwin ) Northern
Image
NT ( Darwin) Northern
Image
VIC Blotched
Image
And here's a pic of them when I took them out of their outdoor pit , they were needing some TLC
Image

Cheers
Last edited by RoryBreaker on Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
Coomassie
The Inked Chemist
The Inked Chemist
Posts: 1826
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:01 pm
Country:
Location: Newark, DE

Postby Coomassie » Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:06 am

So many babies!!!!! Any baby pics but especially baby blotchie pics are always welcome.
Cay T.
User avatar
WanderingChai
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast
Posts: 627
Joined: Sat May 21, 2011 6:11 pm
Country:
Location: New York

Postby WanderingChai » Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:34 am

Gorgeous!!! Adorable!!!!! I love the blotchies!
If love is a labor, I'll slave to the end.
User avatar
xxmonitorlizardxx
Walks with Squirrels
Walks with Squirrels
Posts: 4050
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:06 pm
Your Facebook name: Jeremy Johnson
Country:
Location: NJ, USA

Postby xxmonitorlizardxx » Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:19 pm

I like how the northern in the 3-4 pics have the dark patch towards the base of its tail. Can I has?
Merauke Blue Tongue Skink Breeder
https://www.facebook.com/JJReptiles/
User avatar
Katrina
The Daredevil
The Daredevil
Posts: 9769
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:34 pm
Country:
Location: Alberta, Canada

Postby Katrina » Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:54 pm

Love the diversity of those northerns, that is amazing!! Thanks so much for sharing! :D
User avatar
RoryBreaker
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict
Posts: 773
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:40 am
Country:
Location: Queensland,Australia

Postby RoryBreaker » Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:35 pm

A sibling to the Eastern I posted earlier , they are from Northern NSW apparently . I am loving the unusual colouring that is starting to come through .
Image

This centralian is a couple of years old now but still not fully grown .
Image

Cheers
User avatar
Nae
Forum Graphic Designer
Forum Graphic Designer
Posts: 1889
Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:30 am
Country:
Location: Western Australia

Postby Nae » Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:40 pm

Eee! A centralian! I hope my little guy will be that gorgeous!! You have such a gorgeous collection!
User avatar
RoryBreaker
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict
Posts: 773
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:40 am
Country:
Location: Queensland,Australia

Postby RoryBreaker » Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:45 pm

Nae,

I'm trying to cut back on snakes as my interest has definately gone towards the skinks . Have always kept Egernia but the Blueys are taking over :lol:

Cheers
User avatar
Nae
Forum Graphic Designer
Forum Graphic Designer
Posts: 1889
Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:30 am
Country:
Location: Western Australia

Postby Nae » Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:07 am

Ah, I love Egernia, especially the spiny tailed types :lol: I do have plans in the future for a Egernia kingii, hopefully! I cared for one when I worked at a wildlife centre and just fell in love, despite them not being very cuddly! :lol:
User avatar
Jeff
Vladik Pippery
Vladik Pippery
Posts: 5684
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:33 pm
Country:
Location: Arizona, USA
Contact:

Postby Jeff » Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:43 am

Beautiful skinks! I love seeing skinks in Australia, especially the species we have here. It is really nice to compare them to what we have here.
6.10.9 T. s. intermedia
2.2.7 T. s. scincoides
1.2.1 T. nigrolutea
2.2.0 T. r. rugosa
1.2.3 T.g. keyensis
2.0.5 T.s. chimaera
0.0.0. T. occipitalis
0.0.0. T. multifasciata
http://www.btskinks.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bluetong ... 846297977#
User avatar
Coomassie
The Inked Chemist
The Inked Chemist
Posts: 1826
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:01 pm
Country:
Location: Newark, DE

Postby Coomassie » Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:16 pm

Dumb question: most of the BTS I have seen have been northerns and indo varieties (IJs, Meruekes, Indos, etc). I know you said that Centrailian isn't full grown but are they really that small?
Cay T.
User avatar
xxmonitorlizardxx
Walks with Squirrels
Walks with Squirrels
Posts: 4050
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:06 pm
Your Facebook name: Jeremy Johnson
Country:
Location: NJ, USA

Postby xxmonitorlizardxx » Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:01 pm

yes they are quite small.
Merauke Blue Tongue Skink Breeder
https://www.facebook.com/JJReptiles/
User avatar
Jeff
Vladik Pippery
Vladik Pippery
Posts: 5684
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:33 pm
Country:
Location: Arizona, USA
Contact:

Postby Jeff » Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:03 pm

Coomassie wrote:Dumb question: most of the BTS I have seen have been northerns and indo varieties (IJs, Meruekes, Indos, etc). I know you said that Centrailian isn't full grown but are they really that small?


Centrilians are one of the smaller species. They rarely get over 40 cm (about 15 1/2"). Did you see the picture of the tiny little baby that Greg produced this year? It is so small it doesn't look real.
6.10.9 T. s. intermedia
2.2.7 T. s. scincoides
1.2.1 T. nigrolutea
2.2.0 T. r. rugosa
1.2.3 T.g. keyensis
2.0.5 T.s. chimaera
0.0.0. T. occipitalis
0.0.0. T. multifasciata
http://www.btskinks.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bluetong ... 846297977#
User avatar
Coomassie
The Inked Chemist
The Inked Chemist
Posts: 1826
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:01 pm
Country:
Location: Newark, DE

Postby Coomassie » Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:53 pm

Yea, but I guess I could justiy a baby being that small... I guess I am just used to monsters.
Cay T.
User avatar
xxmonitorlizardxx
Walks with Squirrels
Walks with Squirrels
Posts: 4050
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:06 pm
Your Facebook name: Jeremy Johnson
Country:
Location: NJ, USA

Postby xxmonitorlizardxx » Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:56 pm

lol monitor lizards :rofl:
Merauke Blue Tongue Skink Breeder
https://www.facebook.com/JJReptiles/
User avatar
critterguy
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict
Posts: 702
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:57 am
Country:

Postby critterguy » Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:27 am

Neat animals, amazing the variety in the Northerns! That should be expected in Australia-although in the US their seem to be some color variations not seen in OZ.

Would love to see photos of the parents of all these when you ge a chance. I understand they are some good sized animals.
User avatar
RoryBreaker
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict
Posts: 773
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:40 am
Country:
Location: Queensland,Australia

Postby RoryBreaker » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:49 am

critterguy wrote:Neat animals, amazing the variety in the Northerns! That should be expected in Australia-although in the US their seem to be some color variations not seen in OZ.

Would love to see photos of the parents of all these when you ge a chance. I understand they are some good sized animals.


The largest northern I have heard of in an aussie collection is 82cm long ( total length ), male and is 17 years old!!!!! . There is a picture of it on one of the Australian forums. I don't have pics at the moment of the parents of the northerns that I have posted earlier as my friend who bred them lives interstate ( will get the pics next time I visit ) .

Here's a few more
Nt Northern
Image
Nt Northern
Image
WA Kimberley
Image

p.s. The tubs in the background are for small pythons. I only keep young blueys in tubs. Adults are kept outdoors.

Cheers
User avatar
Katrina
The Daredevil
The Daredevil
Posts: 9769
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:34 pm
Country:
Location: Alberta, Canada

Postby Katrina » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:17 am

Gorgeous!! I love the variety in Northerns, those pictures are amazing! Thanks for sharing.

I would love to see pics of the 82 cm Northern if you get a chance. Wow.
User avatar
critterguy
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict
Posts: 702
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:57 am
Country:

Postby critterguy » Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:06 am

82 cm, for those weho are metrically challneged works out to about 32 inches...wow. Even if the tail somehow is half that length the SVL of this animal is still something like 16 inches-probably closer to .

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 184 guests