Page 1 of 1

Meet Medusa aka "Deucy"

Posted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:11 pm
by savage510
This is Medusa, she is our rescue she is about 1.5 years.
She was surrendered to a "rescue" due to the person couldnt take care of her some time ago, and later was taken from that "rescue" due to her being crazy overweight. the new owner helped her back down to a healthy weight. we picked her up today and it was love at first sight, she is so loving!

:peaceout:

Image<BR>
Image<br>
Image

What do you guys think, she is said to be a northerner

Posted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:04 pm
by xxmonitorlizardxx
I would think its a northen...But its REALLY white. maybe a hypo northern, hybrid, or a new morph.

Posted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:34 pm
by savage510
Wow really?! That's cool I think she is super pretty I was happy to give her a loving new home

Posted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:39 pm
by Jeff
Congratulations! Cool looking skink. It appears to be a hybrid, but it would help to see some pictures straight down from above, and some of the sides.

Posted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:29 pm
by Katrina
Congratulations, she is gorgeous!! :D

Like Jeff said, top down pictures would help figure out what she might be. There aren't really BTS 'morphs' (not readily available, a few people are working on some very interesting projects but they aren't common), it is most likely a hybrid like Jeff mentioned.

Posted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:11 pm
by James Wilson
Definitely not a morph, just a nice Common Blue-tongue Tiliqua scincoides. If I had to call the subspecies, I would go with Northern, but it looks like it has some Eastern influence in there as well, which is not that unusual. A fair amount of the northerns we have here in the us have some eastern influence in them as well (some more than others of course).

Posted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:16 pm
by savage510
That's what I assumed hr I will ft up some picture up of all around body once she is all good in her new home I don't wanna stress her out to much

Posted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:17 pm
by Jeff
James Wilson wrote:Definitely not a morph, just a nice Common Blue-tongue Tiliqua scincoides. If I had to call the subspecies, I would go with Northern, but it looks like it has some Eastern influence in there as well, which is not that unusual. A fair amount of the northerns we have here in the us have some eastern influence in them as well (some more than others of course).


:D I was just thinking there might be a little more than just scincoides in there. James knows a LOT more than I do though, so I would go with his assessment.