Meet Medusa aka "Deucy"

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
User avatar
savage510
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:06 pm
Country:
Location: Hayward, CA
Contact:

Meet Medusa aka "Deucy"

Postby savage510 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:11 pm

This is Medusa, she is our rescue she is about 1.5 years.
She was surrendered to a "rescue" due to the person couldnt take care of her some time ago, and later was taken from that "rescue" due to her being crazy overweight. the new owner helped her back down to a healthy weight. we picked her up today and it was love at first sight, she is so loving!

:peaceout:

Image<BR>
Image<br>
Image

What do you guys think, she is said to be a northerner
<<[SAVAGE]>>
User avatar
xxmonitorlizardxx
Walks with Squirrels
Walks with Squirrels
Posts: 4050
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:06 pm
Your Facebook name: Jeremy Johnson
Country:
Location: NJ, USA

Postby xxmonitorlizardxx » Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:04 pm

I would think its a northen...But its REALLY white. maybe a hypo northern, hybrid, or a new morph.
Merauke Blue Tongue Skink Breeder
https://www.facebook.com/JJReptiles/
User avatar
savage510
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:06 pm
Country:
Location: Hayward, CA
Contact:

Postby savage510 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:34 pm

Wow really?! That's cool I think she is super pretty I was happy to give her a loving new home
<<[SAVAGE]>>
User avatar
Jeff
Vladik Pippery
Vladik Pippery
Posts: 5684
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:33 pm
Country:
Location: Arizona, USA
Contact:

Postby Jeff » Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:39 pm

Congratulations! Cool looking skink. It appears to be a hybrid, but it would help to see some pictures straight down from above, and some of the sides.
6.10.9 T. s. intermedia
2.2.7 T. s. scincoides
1.2.1 T. nigrolutea
2.2.0 T. r. rugosa
1.2.3 T.g. keyensis
2.0.5 T.s. chimaera
0.0.0. T. occipitalis
0.0.0. T. multifasciata
http://www.btskinks.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bluetong ... 846297977#
User avatar
Katrina
The Daredevil
The Daredevil
Posts: 9769
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:34 pm
Country:
Location: Alberta, Canada

Postby Katrina » Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:29 pm

Congratulations, she is gorgeous!! :D

Like Jeff said, top down pictures would help figure out what she might be. There aren't really BTS 'morphs' (not readily available, a few people are working on some very interesting projects but they aren't common), it is most likely a hybrid like Jeff mentioned.
User avatar
James Wilson
The Mentor
The Mentor
Posts: 693
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 8:01 am
Country:
Location: San Diego, California

Postby James Wilson » Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:11 pm

Definitely not a morph, just a nice Common Blue-tongue Tiliqua scincoides. If I had to call the subspecies, I would go with Northern, but it looks like it has some Eastern influence in there as well, which is not that unusual. A fair amount of the northerns we have here in the us have some eastern influence in them as well (some more than others of course).
James Wilson
User avatar
savage510
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:06 pm
Country:
Location: Hayward, CA
Contact:

Postby savage510 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:16 pm

That's what I assumed hr I will ft up some picture up of all around body once she is all good in her new home I don't wanna stress her out to much
<<[SAVAGE]>>
User avatar
Jeff
Vladik Pippery
Vladik Pippery
Posts: 5684
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:33 pm
Country:
Location: Arizona, USA
Contact:

Postby Jeff » Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:17 pm

James Wilson wrote:Definitely not a morph, just a nice Common Blue-tongue Tiliqua scincoides. If I had to call the subspecies, I would go with Northern, but it looks like it has some Eastern influence in there as well, which is not that unusual. A fair amount of the northerns we have here in the us have some eastern influence in them as well (some more than others of course).


:D I was just thinking there might be a little more than just scincoides in there. James knows a LOT more than I do though, so I would go with his assessment.
6.10.9 T. s. intermedia
2.2.7 T. s. scincoides
1.2.1 T. nigrolutea
2.2.0 T. r. rugosa
1.2.3 T.g. keyensis
2.0.5 T.s. chimaera
0.0.0. T. occipitalis
0.0.0. T. multifasciata
http://www.btskinks.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bluetong ... 846297977#

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 243 guests