SUPER ANGRY!!!!!!!!!!

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
User avatar
reaperreptiles
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 298
Joined: Fri May 20, 2011 1:10 pm
Country:
Location: Hephzibah, GA

SUPER ANGRY!!!!!!!!!!

Postby reaperreptiles » Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:58 pm

ok, so i went out tonight with my husband and son. I got home around 10. well in the 3 hours i was gone (i live with my parents...sadly) my mom decided she didnt want (2) 40 gallons in my room. so she took mr.tubbins put him in with toby and had the 40 gallon put into the basement. When i got home toby was chasing him around the cage. there both covered in popped scales, scrapes and minor cuts. im super !#$%^&* angry. i cleaned the scrapes and put on some sylvadine cream. mr.tubbins is traumatized. so i went out to target and grabbed myself a metal rack with two 175 gallon tubs. im going to put each of them into a tub with a light mounted on the wire shelf above. hopefully this will work until i get enough money for some boamasters, i luckily had a spare tub that i moved mr.tubbins into. i called my vet (thank god i have his personal cell number) and i described everything, he is going to come over tomorrow and take a quick look, he rocks. tomorrow i will go out and pick up some turf from lowes and remove all the aspen for better healing. no broken bones luckily(as far as i can see). all the scratched on mr.tubbins are on his tail and toby has some scrapes on her face were he fought back as much as he could but she's twice his size :evil: im so angry its not even funny. what makes this even worse is i now have a day to get all this crap in order before i leave for NC for a funeral. im so irritated :hair: that was by far the most disrespectful thing anyone could have done to me, move around and handle my animals without telling me and putting them in massive danger!!!! she has already killed 3 of my cresties, a nile monitor and a veiled chameleon (all over the past 6 years). AHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! I WISH I COULD MOVE OUT!!!!!!!!! :heated:
-Cheyenne (thats shy-anne)

0.1 caramel northern(Toblerone/Toby for short)
0.0.1 caramel northern(Mr.Tubbins)
0.0.1 northern (Beetlejuice)
User avatar
Fatal_S
Take Flight
Take Flight
Posts: 8391
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:40 pm
Your Facebook name: Mel's Exotics
Country: Canada
Location: Manitoba
Contact:

Postby Fatal_S » Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:03 pm

Does she understand what she did?? If she's harming your animals on a regular basis, send the animals to somewhere safe, no matter how much it hurts to let them go.
User avatar
Jeff
Vladik Pippery
Vladik Pippery
Posts: 5684
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:33 pm
Country:
Location: Arizona, USA
Contact:

Postby Jeff » Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:14 pm

Does she have mental issues? I'm not joking. I am seriously asking.
6.10.9 T. s. intermedia
2.2.7 T. s. scincoides
1.2.1 T. nigrolutea
2.2.0 T. r. rugosa
1.2.3 T.g. keyensis
2.0.5 T.s. chimaera
0.0.0. T. occipitalis
0.0.0. T. multifasciata
http://www.btskinks.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bluetong ... 846297977#
User avatar
James Wilson
The Mentor
The Mentor
Posts: 693
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 8:01 am
Country:
Location: San Diego, California

Postby James Wilson » Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:24 pm

Jeff wrote:Does she have mental issues? I'm not joking. I am seriously asking.


I was wondering the same thing. She sounds like maybe she does not like the reptiles around, and is being passive agressive at their expense and yours. You might want to consider moving.
James Wilson
User avatar
Anderous
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 40
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:01 pm
Country:
Location: Gresham Oregon

Postby Anderous » Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:26 pm

it sounds like your mom needs help. it also sounds like you need to lock your room, and all your cages seperatlly. if it were me i would tell her if this ever happens again, im gonna torch your car you stupid *$%&*. I actually had to make my dad afraid of me before he would show me any respect at all. i feel your pain.
A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves.

The three core values of American society: Lying, Cheating, and stealing.
User avatar
James Wilson
The Mentor
The Mentor
Posts: 693
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 8:01 am
Country:
Location: San Diego, California

Postby James Wilson » Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:44 pm

Anderous wrote:it sounds like your mom needs help. it also sounds like you need to lock your room, and all your cages seperatlly. if it were me i would tell her if this ever happens again, im gonna torch your car you stupid *$%&*. I actually had to make my dad afraid of me before he would show me any respect at all. i feel your pain.


Lets not get too carried away now. While we are all very upset over this situation, there is no need to instigate threats, violence, verbal abuse or the threat of any of these things. She does live in her parents home. Obviously, there are certain concessions that need to be made in situations like this. The simple fact is this if her mother actually does not want them around then there is not much else to do, except to either find someone to house them, or move out. I hope that things work out for the best.
James Wilson
User avatar
Coomassie
The Inked Chemist
The Inked Chemist
Posts: 1826
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:01 pm
Country:
Location: Newark, DE

Postby Coomassie » Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:31 am

I am soooo sorry. While I know my mom would never do this, I'm glad I waited to get my reptiles until after I moved out. You should seriously have a conversation with your mom about it though.
Cay T.
User avatar
Roheryn
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 399
Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:04 pm
Country:
Location: Netherlands

Postby Roheryn » Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:34 am

Wow, I have no words to describe this... Seems to me like your mother has some issues. I would lock your door with the heaviest lock I could find if I were you. Hope the animals are okay this time....
each day's a gift, not a given right.
User avatar
reaperreptiles
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 298
Joined: Fri May 20, 2011 1:10 pm
Country:
Location: Hephzibah, GA

Postby reaperreptiles » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:01 am

Ok well my animals are ok, vet did a checkup and all is well. I created a tub setup that I really like and found a way to lock it. My husband started a massive argument so we have1 month to move out, kinda happy. Im in NC so when I get back I'll post up some pics of the rack setup I built, my skinks seem to be happier and I put them on turf for better healing. Im happy with it until I save up enough for some boamasters. My mom and sister are thick headed and disrespectful when it comes to my animals
. I used to have 30-40 animals now I have 6 BC I wanted to be respectful and not crowd her home. But all is well and I know have locks on everything.
-Cheyenne (thats shy-anne)



0.1 caramel northern(Toblerone/Toby for short)

0.0.1 caramel northern(Mr.Tubbins)

0.0.1 northern (Beetlejuice)
cguarino30
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 38
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:07 am
Country:

Postby cguarino30 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:21 pm

glad to hear that your blueys are doing well. I think moving will be the best in the end. I was in a similar living situation that required some unfortunate downsizing, and now that I have my own home (with my wife and kids, of course) I have started rebuilding my collections and am much happier. Both the wife and the kids know not to mess with "daddy's room" haha.
User avatar
Hopeful_Herper
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 105
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:08 pm
Country:
Location: Elk Grove, Ca

Postby Hopeful_Herper » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:34 pm

wow 0_o

How did she kill the other animals, particularly the nile monitor?
Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
-Mark Twain
User avatar
xxmonitorlizardxx
Walks with Squirrels
Walks with Squirrels
Posts: 4050
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:06 pm
Your Facebook name: Jeremy Johnson
Country:
Location: NJ, USA

Postby xxmonitorlizardxx » Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:06 am

Hopeful_Herper wrote:wow 0_o

How did she kill the other animals, particularly the nile monitor?
That's what I was wondering O_O that's a 6ft big mean cheap lizard.
Merauke Blue Tongue Skink Breeder
https://www.facebook.com/JJReptiles/
User avatar
reaperreptiles
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 298
Joined: Fri May 20, 2011 1:10 pm
Country:
Location: Hephzibah, GA

Postby reaperreptiles » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:17 am

Well the Nile monitor, had him in a huge setup half water half land. He was only about 2 ft long. She opened the cage saw nothing in it and left it open. Found him three days later frozen in the basement. She left the cage open on my cresties, they escaped and were killed by her dog. There have been a few other animals like fish and what not too.
-Cheyenne (thats shy-anne)



0.1 caramel northern(Toblerone/Toby for short)

0.0.1 caramel northern(Mr.Tubbins)

0.0.1 northern (Beetlejuice)
User avatar
ExtremeJustin
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 198
Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 10:23 am
Country: USA
Location: Tampa,Florida

Postby ExtremeJustin » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:43 am

It sounds like you did the right thing with the cage locks. Between those past incidents and what just happens with the BTSs I wouldn't let her have unsupervised accesss to them. It's sad because my kids were able to take our BTS out of his tank and not get him killed since they were in 1st grade or so. The only thing is that if the 40 gallons aren't weighted down enough she could try to move them with the skinks in them :(


reaperreptiles wrote:Well the Nile monitor, had him in a huge setup half water half land. He was only about 2 ft long. She opened the cage saw nothing in it and left it open. Found him three days later frozen in the basement. She left the cage open on my cresties, they escaped and were killed by her dog. There have been a few other animals like fish and what not too.
No, it's a SKINK not a SKUNK. Er, no, it's not a Blue Tongued Skank---although I do think I dated one of those at some point.
• 0.1.0 Eastern Blue Tongued Skink (Thor[a])
R.I.P:
1.0.0 Leopard Gecko (Lou)
1.0.0 Dwarf Bunny (Mars, the Tie Dye Bunny)
• 0.0.1 Indonesian Blue Tongued Skink (Inari)
User avatar
Katrina
The Daredevil
The Daredevil
Posts: 9769
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:34 pm
Country:
Location: Alberta, Canada

Postby Katrina » Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:40 pm

Anderous wrote:it sounds like your mom needs help. it also sounds like you need to lock your room, and all your cages seperatlly. if it were me i would tell her if this ever happens again, im gonna torch your car you stupid *$%&*. I actually had to make my dad afraid of me before he would show me any respect at all. i feel your pain.


Please do not post this kind of thing in future - the forum does not condone violence or making people afraid and we do not want to see advice like this being given. There is always a better way to deal with a situation. In this case, the OP is living in her mother's house. Because having reptiles while living with her mother has caused problems in past (and reptiles have died as a result), perhaps she should have waited until moving out before acquiring more or else invested in locks earlier.

Either way, it seems like lessons have been learned and fortunately the BTS were not harmed.

Fear and respect are very different things.
User avatar
nakerz_loves_bts
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict
Posts: 508
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:45 am
Country:
Location: Jimboomba, Queensland, Australia

Postby nakerz_loves_bts » Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:57 pm

You could have padlocked all the enclosures in a locked room you only have the key to. I would have raged like crazy at her...
caleb! ;) AUSSIE PRIDE!!!
User avatar
Spindown
Reptilian Artisan
Reptilian Artisan
Posts: 2680
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:24 pm
Country:

Postby Spindown » Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:45 pm

i'm glad your skinks are ok! hopefully things will be better after you move. I personally cant wait to move, i have roomie whose crested gecko i have to watch him killing because he starves it X_X...i feed it when i can but its ridiculous. Some people should either not be around animals/not have animals...
~Alyy
Spindown Reptiles est. 2013 ------- Facebook.com/SpindownReptiles
Specializing in Kenyan Sand boas and Special Needs animal care.

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 355 guests