Sleeping out in the open

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
User avatar
MissMeg
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast
Posts: 847
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:39 pm
Country: Canada
Location: Sooke,BC

Sleeping out in the open

Postby MissMeg » Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:41 pm

Ive noticed since Sunday morning when we got back from our camping trip that Ruckus was sleeping out in the open. (In his cage) After a few hours I was concernd so I woke him up just to see if he was okay. He gave me the "I was sleeping here" look then slowly slinked into his hidy hole. Then I noticed it again On monday. He decided to take a nap just to the right of his MVB bulb rays. I figured he was basking, but he was passed right out, eyes buldging and everything (If you know what I mean).
We gave him a new fountain in his cage today, he doesnt really seem to like it.
But he is sleeping again in the open on his upper level of his cage.

Should I be worried, or is he just comfortable now?

It was really hot last week, and we dont have A/C. I was thinking that because it was cooling down outside, he was trying too.

I fed him sunday, and a little on monday he ate fine.
User avatar
Alioop
Loopy De Loop
Loopy De Loop
Posts: 2648
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:37 pm
Country:
Location: Buffalo, NY

Postby Alioop » Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:15 pm

Doesn't sound like anything to be worried about!
Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
-Alie-

1.0 Irian Jaya
1.1 Easterns
User avatar
MissMeg
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast
Posts: 847
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:39 pm
Country: Canada
Location: Sooke,BC

Postby MissMeg » Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:09 pm

I know, I know, I worry too much, but its just out of the ordinary for him :S
User avatar
Linnea
Swedish Flower
Swedish Flower
Posts: 1781
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:34 pm
Country:
Location: Sweden

Postby Linnea » Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:33 am

to me it sounds like your cooling theory might be correct.

i mean, if its really warm in a room and you decide to hide in a small space, it feels a lot warmer and the air gets bad quicker than usual, so he solved it in his own way? xD
Litchie, northern 1.0
Pomme (Pomelo), northern 1.0
User avatar
MissMeg
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast
Posts: 847
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:39 pm
Country: Canada
Location: Sooke,BC

Postby MissMeg » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:20 am

We had two lights, his MVB and his flood light for heat now hes just got his MVB. Weve also added a fountin which underneith is acually quite cool (but not too cool) he can go too. Its like another hidy Ill post pictures in anothwr thread once we finish re organizing

I dont see him this morning so hes probably in his hidy again :)

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 331 guests