I got a few questions on hemipenes.
1. When do males hemipenes mature enough to drop sperm and be everted (during defecation)
2. When a male skink poops will he always evert his hemipens?
3. Are hemipenes a pinkish color or are they purple?
Thanks!
Hemipenes
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
- reaperreptiles
- Bluey Follower

- Posts: 298
- Joined: Fri May 20, 2011 1:10 pm
- Country:
- Location: Hephzibah, GA
Hemipenes
-Cheyenne (thats shy-anne)
0.1 caramel northern(Toblerone/Toby for short)
0.0.1 caramel northern(Mr.Tubbins)
0.0.1 northern (Beetlejuice)
0.1 caramel northern(Toblerone/Toby for short)
0.0.1 caramel northern(Mr.Tubbins)
0.0.1 northern (Beetlejuice)
- Fatal_S
- Take Flight

- Posts: 8391
- Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:40 pm
- Your Facebook name: Mel's Exotics
- Country: Canada
- Location: Manitoba
- Contact:
1. I'm not sure, but even young males can breed, so I'd assume it's quite young.
2. No, most of mine rarely do.
3. I was always wondering if I'd seen hemipenes or just normal flesh. Let me just say if you see them fully-everted, you'll know. Think giant pink butt-wings
I tend to get the full evertion if I'm holding a skink, say after a bath. Especially if the hind-half of the body is hanging lower. Next time I bath them I'll have a camera ready to take a photo should the wings appear again.
2. No, most of mine rarely do.
3. I was always wondering if I'd seen hemipenes or just normal flesh. Let me just say if you see them fully-everted, you'll know. Think giant pink butt-wings
I tend to get the full evertion if I'm holding a skink, say after a bath. Especially if the hind-half of the body is hanging lower. Next time I bath them I'll have a camera ready to take a photo should the wings appear again.
Mel's Exotics
Breeder of Blue Tongue Skinks & More
http://www.MelsExotics.ca
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpVkgO ... wr6Ds0CP_A
Breeder of Blue Tongue Skinks & More
http://www.MelsExotics.ca
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpVkgO ... wr6Ds0CP_A
- James Wilson
- The Mentor

- Posts: 693
- Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 8:01 am
- Country:
- Location: San Diego, California
Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 304 guests
