Page 1 of 1

Toe Biting

Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:57 pm
by FIL
My BTS has recently began biting his toes and awkwardly wiggling his body as he moves throughout his cage. I'm not exactly sure what the cause is so I was hoping I could get some advice. He began doing it after I fed him and put him back in his cage just about an hour ago. I'm a little worried because I don't see what the cause could be. Any advice would be appreciated :D

Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:20 pm
by xxmonitorlizardxx
That means that there is something bothering him. Most likely shedding problems. Has he shed recently?

Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:31 pm
by FIL
I thought that at first but he has not shed in like 2 or 3 weeks so I doubt that's the problem.

Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:36 pm
by Fatal_S
Could be he's just starting to shed and it's getting to the uncomfortable stage. The activity through the cage is usually a sign they're trying to find things to rub against to remove the old shed.

Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:47 pm
by FIL
That makes a lot of since. I'll wait it out and see what happens. Thanks

Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:49 pm
by xxmonitorlizardxx
Does he have any stuck shed from previous shed on his toes.