Centralian Digital Painting =D

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
User avatar
Nae
Forum Graphic Designer
Forum Graphic Designer
Posts: 1889
Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:30 am
Country:
Location: Western Australia

Centralian Digital Painting =D

Postby Nae » Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:01 am

Just thought Id share~ Its my first time painting a reptile and it didnt come out too badly if I do say do myself, but I still have a while to go before Ill be able to do anything real good Im thinking... :wink:

Its based off of one of the Centralian photos on the centralian page. I realised as I was almost finished that I hadn't drawn feet, as there are none in the original photo! So they are buried in my poor excuse for sand :lol: (It was originally going to be just an orange background)

Image

Any suggestions or constructive criticism? :lol: Its no where near on par with some of the awesome paintings that have been on the forum lately, but eh :lol:
User avatar
doss
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 80
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:17 pm
Country:
Location: DFW TX

Postby doss » Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:16 am

Wow! That's amazing!

I love it :D You are extremely talented.

edit: I can't get over how cool this is. I keep coming back to look at it over and over!
Gary
---
Wednesday Vegetarian
User avatar
Coomassie
The Inked Chemist
The Inked Chemist
Posts: 1826
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:01 pm
Country:
Location: Newark, DE

Postby Coomassie » Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:34 am

It is awesome Nae! We need to put together a photoalbum for the site of member's artwork.
Cay T.
User avatar
Katrina
The Daredevil
The Daredevil
Posts: 9769
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:34 pm
Country:
Location: Alberta, Canada

Postby Katrina » Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:43 am

Gorgeous!! We have some very talented artists on here.

I LOVE bluey art but have zero artistic talent so I have to pay for it! :wink:
User avatar
Nae
Forum Graphic Designer
Forum Graphic Designer
Posts: 1889
Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:30 am
Country:
Location: Western Australia

Postby Nae » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:53 am

Wow, thanks so much~ It was a bit of a spur of the moment thing, I was originally painting a cat...But it wasnt working out so well :lol: How I got from a cat to a bluey is beyond me...

Doss: Really? Thats actually really awesome to hear!

Coomassie: I agree, a photo album would be so awesome

Katrina: All the paintings lately have made me try painting~ I currently have a gecko painting in the works :lol: Have a go, you may surprise yourself!! (or theres always abstract :wink: :lol:)
User avatar
WanderingChai
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast
Posts: 627
Joined: Sat May 21, 2011 6:11 pm
Country:
Location: New York

Postby WanderingChai » Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:49 pm

LOVE IT!!!! I wish I could make art like this!! It's amazing!! :D :D
If love is a labor, I'll slave to the end.
User avatar
JoshChimera
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict
Posts: 1099
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:50 pm
Country:
Location: the Bay Area CA USA

Postby JoshChimera » Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:11 pm

I always liked how that skink looks. Nice looking painting.
1.0.0 Tanimbar Island Blue Tongue Skink T. scincoides chimaerea Silver Phase
0.1.0 Taiwanese Beauty Rat snake
0.1.0 Variable King snake
1.0.1 Emerald swift (captive born)
1.2.0 Jeweled Eyed Lacerta
1.0.0 Western Hognose snake
User avatar
Roheryn
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 399
Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:04 pm
Country:
Location: Netherlands

Postby Roheryn » Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:20 am

It is amazing! Maybe one day I'll start something like that as well.
each day's a gift, not a given right.
User avatar
doss
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 80
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:17 pm
Country:
Location: DFW TX

Postby doss » Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:09 pm

Do you sell prints of your art?
Gary

---

Wednesday Vegetarian
User avatar
Nae
Forum Graphic Designer
Forum Graphic Designer
Posts: 1889
Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:30 am
Country:
Location: Western Australia

Postby Nae » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:26 pm

Doss: I havent actually thought to do that, plus I wouldnt know how :scratch:

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 367 guests