need help
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
- Fatal_S
- Take Flight

- Posts: 8391
- Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:40 pm
- Your Facebook name: Mel's Exotics
- Country: Canada
- Location: Manitoba
- Contact:
Foaming? Did the skink recently have a drink of water? Sometimes if they get stressed they'll start to drool, especially if they recently drank.
Mel's Exotics
Breeder of Blue Tongue Skinks & More
http://www.MelsExotics.ca
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpVkgO ... wr6Ds0CP_A
Breeder of Blue Tongue Skinks & More
http://www.MelsExotics.ca
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpVkgO ... wr6Ds0CP_A
- realis88
- Bluey Follower

- Posts: 309
- Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 12:03 am
- Country:
- Location: indonesia
- Nae
- Forum Graphic Designer

- Posts: 1889
- Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:30 am
- Country:
- Location: Western Australia
- realis88
- Bluey Follower

- Posts: 309
- Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 12:03 am
- Country:
- Location: indonesia
- blackmailchan
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 59
- Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:16 pm
- Country:
- Location: Over the rainbow
- Contact:
Is it a lot of foam or just a little collection at the sides of the mouth? Mine gets that from sticking his tongue out alot. The saliva collects at the corners of his mouth. This shouldn't be a problem unless they have a RI. If they are also wheezing and making unusual noises it might be a Respiratory Infection.
-
Kelvin W
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 51
- Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:55 am
- Country:
- Location: England
I would defo have a good listen, try so he dosent know your there my bluey is making a very dull popping noise and when I picked him up made a clicking noise and the herp vet I spoke to says it could very well be the start of an RI. I'm not tryin to scare you its just always best to cath them a quickly as possibly.
1. Merauke::Nox
1. Bearded Dragon::Izzy.
1. Staffy::Marley.
1. Labrador::Honey.
1. Westy::pebbles.
1. Bearded Dragon::Izzy.
1. Staffy::Marley.
1. Labrador::Honey.
1. Westy::pebbles.
- realis88
- Bluey Follower

- Posts: 309
- Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 12:03 am
- Country:
- Location: indonesia
- Katrina
- The Daredevil

- Posts: 9769
- Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:34 pm
- Country:
- Location: Alberta, Canada
Hi Realis,
I know you are in Indonesia and it is difficult to describe a problem when English is your second language... but it doesn't sound very good.
A bit of spit or bubbles occasionally is ok, but a lot of foam or bubbles is definitely not good. Without pictures of the problem or a better description, I'd definitely say you should try to take it to a vet.
If it is a lot of foam around the mouth, then no one on the forum will be able to help you - you will need to see a vet.
Good luck, I hope the bluey is ok!
I know you are in Indonesia and it is difficult to describe a problem when English is your second language... but it doesn't sound very good.
A bit of spit or bubbles occasionally is ok, but a lot of foam or bubbles is definitely not good. Without pictures of the problem or a better description, I'd definitely say you should try to take it to a vet.
If it is a lot of foam around the mouth, then no one on the forum will be able to help you - you will need to see a vet.
Good luck, I hope the bluey is ok!
- realis88
- Bluey Follower

- Posts: 309
- Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 12:03 am
- Country:
- Location: indonesia
Thank you for understanding its moderators katrina speak english about me: D
in Indonesia is very rare reptile vet who handles her special about bluetongue, in my country more veterinarians handle mammals such as cats and dogs, because in my country is still not so many people keep as pets bluetongue
but gratitude is now bluetongue I'm not foaming at the mouth of his again after I more often gave him the morning sun for longer than his usual
in Indonesia is very rare reptile vet who handles her special about bluetongue, in my country more veterinarians handle mammals such as cats and dogs, because in my country is still not so many people keep as pets bluetongue
but gratitude is now bluetongue I'm not foaming at the mouth of his again after I more often gave him the morning sun for longer than his usual
Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 192 guests
