Page 1 of 1
2011 pairing.. Exciting!
Posted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:10 am
by Helikaon
Another member and i have decided to give this pairing ago again. the female was a bit small last year and we were a bit late in the season, but this year shes more then big enough and we've started nice and early. Should be some exciting bubs produced from this pair. the male is a proven breeder and has already produces some cracker bubs with a relatively normal eastern female, so this pairing should have alot of potential.
Keep and eye on this space and we will hopefully have some updated photos for you at the end of the year.
male
female

Posted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:00 am
by Jeff
More of those "Australian IJ's"

Very nice looking skinks Gary! I am looking forward to the outcome!
Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:34 am
by Helikaon
You love my easterns Jeff, Wait till i produce an albino bumblebee
Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:26 pm
by Katrina
Wow - gorgeous Easterns! I love them too.
Please keep us updated, I just love the look of those two! They are so light.
Posted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:37 pm
by Helikaon
will do katrina, will be interesting i am in the middle of writing some stuff on the history of some of these animals and what they have produced so far and what i think about the genetics. at the moment i am just working on the three lines, axanthics, whites and bumblebees. although i hate winter i love that its almost breeding season
Posted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:31 pm
by Scotts1au
Geez you guys start early. I suppose I am 2000km south of you
Look forward to seeing your bubs.
Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:26 am
by Helikaon
hahaha yeah august-september is the bow chicka wow wow time
Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:46 am
by pisces20
Hi Helikaon,
I have all my blacks together also. They are usually born mid October, they are out of season by beginning of September
Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:34 am
by Helikaon
Hi pisces thats pretty cool that the blacks go early to. I have someone who wants to do some swaps with me with some blacks so i will be excited to finally have a few to work with myself.
Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:59 pm
by Zach
I always say it -- you have the neatest collection.
Good luck!

Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:09 pm
by mark_w
Very nice Easterns - they are so so similar to a couple of my hypo Irian Jayas. I'll try and get some pics for a comparison. Should make some lovely babies.
Mark.
Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:47 pm
by Helikaon
this is one of the white boys baby's from last season when he was crossed with a female who is pretty normal but definitely lighter then your average. so its about 6 months old now and looking very white for its age.. a good sign i think.

Posted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:41 am
by Helikaon
mark_w wrote:Very nice Easterns - they are so so similar to a couple of my hypo Irian Jayas. I'll try and get some pics for a comparison. Should make some lovely babies.
Mark.
Look forward to seeing the pics, feel free to post them in this thread.
cheers
gary
Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:07 am
by bruno
looking good.
How is it going with your "banana" skinks ?
Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:11 pm
by Helikaon
It is coming along well, bruno. I wrote a little bit about them on my website.
http://designerbluetongues.webs.com/bumblebeeblueys.htm
Posted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:04 am
by bruno
Have read it now. A shame with the Banana boy.
I would have made him first breedeer.
Good luck with all the projecets.