Biggest Skink contest
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
- shownuff
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 38
- Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:19 am
- Country:
- Location: Largo
Biggest Skink contest
I wanted to do something fun. Anyone can enter there Skink. No one at all is excluded. You can post links here of videos of your skink. Or pictures. Since alot of people here know each other then jsut telling us the size is good enough. Here are the rules.
1) Measuring of skink for Length, weight, age. And the type of skink.
2) Be a team player. Respect others.
3) and Remember this is just for fun.
I am the Proud owner of Indio ( Merauke ) weight_? Length 22 inches Age 1.4 years. He was 19 inches when I got him 3 months ago. Indio is in 55 gallon tank. Living it up. Future plans, 75 gallon wide.
Have Fun everyone and good luck..
You can see Indio here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZFWx6JmtiM
1) Measuring of skink for Length, weight, age. And the type of skink.
2) Be a team player. Respect others.
3) and Remember this is just for fun.
I am the Proud owner of Indio ( Merauke ) weight_? Length 22 inches Age 1.4 years. He was 19 inches when I got him 3 months ago. Indio is in 55 gallon tank. Living it up. Future plans, 75 gallon wide.
Have Fun everyone and good luck..
You can see Indio here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZFWx6JmtiM
Do Androids Dream Of Electric Sheep.
- xxmonitorlizardxx
- Walks with Squirrels

- Posts: 4050
- Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:06 pm
- Your Facebook name: Jeremy Johnson
- Country:
- Location: NJ, USA
Can we have a smallest skink contest instead bberry's tiny lol 18 inches.
Last edited by xxmonitorlizardxx on Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
- StaceyLeigh
- Northern Love

- Posts: 1576
- Joined: Thu May 19, 2011 4:24 pm
- Country: USA
- Location: CNY
- Contact:
- shownuff
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 38
- Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:19 am
- Country:
- Location: Largo
i feel ya
StaceyLeigh wrote:Indio is gorgeous! Love the video. We are still waiting for our new little bluey. The temp's have been so high lately the breeder hasn't been able to ship. We are so excited,It is hard to wait!
The wait. goodness its the worst. lol.. i wish you luck n prayers..
Do Androids Dream Of Electric Sheep.
- Spindown
- Reptilian Artisan

- Posts: 2680
- Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:24 pm
- Country:
- shownuff
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 38
- Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:19 am
- Country:
- Location: Largo
- Coomassie
- The Inked Chemist

- Posts: 1826
- Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:01 pm
- Country:
- Location: Newark, DE
- shownuff
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 38
- Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:19 am
- Country:
- Location: Largo
WoW
Coomassie wrote:Coomassie Male Northern: Age: approx 1.5 yrs, Weight: 504 grams, Length: 18 in.
I'm working on getting a more current picture but he is being difficult. He would rather crawl inside pillowcases than get his picture taken this morning.
WoW what a monster. 504 grams 18".. I would mess with him ether.
Do Androids Dream Of Electric Sheep.
- Jeff
- Vladik Pippery

- Posts: 5684
- Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:33 pm
- Country:
- Location: Arizona, USA
- Contact:
This is Bruno. She is 24" (61cm) and weighs 1197 grams.
I have to admit to cheating a little bit. She will probably weigh less in a few days after she has babies.
She normally goes around an even kilo.
I have to admit to cheating a little bit. She will probably weigh less in a few days after she has babies.
She normally goes around an even kilo.
6.10.9 T. s. intermedia
2.2.7 T. s. scincoides
1.2.1 T. nigrolutea
2.2.0 T. r. rugosa
1.2.3 T.g. keyensis
2.0.5 T.s. chimaera
0.0.0. T. occipitalis
0.0.0. T. multifasciata
http://www.btskinks.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bluetong ... 846297977#
2.2.7 T. s. scincoides
1.2.1 T. nigrolutea
2.2.0 T. r. rugosa
1.2.3 T.g. keyensis
2.0.5 T.s. chimaera
0.0.0. T. occipitalis
0.0.0. T. multifasciata
http://www.btskinks.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bluetong ... 846297977#
- shownuff
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 38
- Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:19 am
- Country:
- Location: Largo
Now that's not fair Jeff, lol. that's a dinosaur. I said Skinks. Hahaha. I'm sorry, I think my lame jokes are funny. I always here about huge Skinks. Now I know this is true. Wow. Bless her.Jeff wrote:This is Bruno. She is 24" (61cm) and weighs 1197 grams.![]()
I have to admit to cheating a little bit. She will probably weigh less in a few days after she has babies.![]()
She normally goes around an even kilo.
Do Androids Dream Of Electric Sheep.
- Fatal_S
- Take Flight

- Posts: 8391
- Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:40 pm
- Your Facebook name: Mel's Exotics
- Country: Canada
- Location: Manitoba
- Contact:
I met Bruno in person before she got knocked up and she's a giant!
I'll weigh my biggest skinks soon to see how they match up
I'll weigh my biggest skinks soon to see how they match up
Mel's Exotics
Breeder of Blue Tongue Skinks & More
http://www.MelsExotics.ca
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpVkgO ... wr6Ds0CP_A
Breeder of Blue Tongue Skinks & More
http://www.MelsExotics.ca
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpVkgO ... wr6Ds0CP_A
-
LilEstrella
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 2
- Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:02 pm
- Country:
This was a brilliant idea shownuff.. and a great way to give us a chance to spotlight the blues we love so much! Kudos!
I have 2, this my female.. her name is Azizza, she's 20 inches, 3 years old, not sure of her weight yet. She's a northern.
See her here..
http://youtu.be/fAJYATsW5LM
My second bluey is also a northern, male, a little more than a year and 16 inches. He's got some damage to his tail by his prior owner, but he's what made me fall in love with the blues! His name is Artimis, and you can see him here..
http://youtu.be/a7kQP6XtHhY
I'll get their weight tomorrow!
I have 2, this my female.. her name is Azizza, she's 20 inches, 3 years old, not sure of her weight yet. She's a northern.
See her here..
http://youtu.be/fAJYATsW5LM
My second bluey is also a northern, male, a little more than a year and 16 inches. He's got some damage to his tail by his prior owner, but he's what made me fall in love with the blues! His name is Artimis, and you can see him here..
http://youtu.be/a7kQP6XtHhY
I'll get their weight tomorrow!
- shownuff
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 38
- Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:19 am
- Country:
- Location: Largo
Hey thank you. But I want to thank you all for actually participating. I did not think anyone would care enough. This is awesome. I love this website. Welcome to Bluetongueskink.net Lilestrella.. You can tell in your voice how sincere you are. Its like I want people to know about Blues, but I am afraid that they will get treated like bearded dragons and over bred. Sorry about the rant. Bless all of you. For keeping it real. Peace.LilEstrella wrote:This was a brilliant idea shownuff.. and a great way to give us a chance to spotlight the blues we love so much! Kudos!
I have 2, this my female.. her name is Azizza, she's 20 inches, 3 years old, not sure of her weight yet. She's a northern.
See her here..
http://youtu.be/fAJYATsW5LM
My second bluey is also a northern, male, a little more than a year and 16 inches. He's got some damage to his tail by his prior owner, but he's what made me fall in love with the blues! His name is Artimis, and you can see him here..
http://youtu.be/a7kQP6XtHhY
I'll get their weight tomorrow!
Do Androids Dream Of Electric Sheep.
- Scotts1au
- Great Scott

- Posts: 4362
- Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:19 am
- Country:
- Location: Central Victoria, Australia
- Coomassie
- The Inked Chemist

- Posts: 1826
- Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:01 pm
- Country:
- Location: Newark, DE
Re: WoW
shownuff wrote:Coomassie wrote:Coomassie Male Northern: Age: approx 1.5 yrs, Weight: 504 grams, Length: 18 in.
I'm working on getting a more current picture but he is being difficult. He would rather crawl inside pillowcases than get his picture taken this morning.
WoW what a monster. 504 grams 18".. I would mess with him ether.
He is a big baby but he certainly can make things difficult. He is actually a little cuddlebug...
Cay T.
- reaperreptiles
- Bluey Follower

- Posts: 298
- Joined: Fri May 20, 2011 1:10 pm
- Country:
- Location: Hephzibah, GA
This is Toby( she looks like a Toblerone Candy bar
), my caramel northern female. She just turned 1 year old a few days ago. She is 20 inches long and weighs 711 grams.
sorry for the bad pics, had to take them with my phone in the dark. The black markings on her are actually a chocolate color, she looks alot darker in these pics than she really is. Maybe by next year she will get as big as Bruno!
sorry for the bad pics, had to take them with my phone in the dark. The black markings on her are actually a chocolate color, she looks alot darker in these pics than she really is. Maybe by next year she will get as big as Bruno!
-
LilEstrella
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 2
- Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:02 pm
- Country:
- Almostinsane
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 88
- Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:10 am
- Country:
- Location: Canada, Ontario
I can't weigh my skink lol, and I don't have pictures of her next to a ruler(I'll try to get some up later).
shes 22-25", whenever I measure her I can't get the same measurement twice. I've measured her in lots of different ways, a cloth tape measure, a ruler(on top of her, on the side, and under her) and it always comes out random. Shes about 4-6" wide, thats just a guess though.. as she will NOT hold still lol.
how about a laziest skink contest though?
Charlie never gets up by herself.. I think it happened.. once. and all that was....was her poking her head out LOL. and she usually just lazes around whenever shes out. shes a couch potato.
Theres a bit of a picture of her pot belly too
some days it looks even bigger then that O_O. Sorry for the awkward crop, I cut my sister out for her privacy.
also, the baby skink in this picture was about 8" at the time, just so you can get a bit of an idea for her size. I thought she was huge at 22", My goodness a 24" skink? wow.
(only posted the thumbnail cause the pictures pretty big, you can click on it to go see it larger.)
shes 22-25", whenever I measure her I can't get the same measurement twice. I've measured her in lots of different ways, a cloth tape measure, a ruler(on top of her, on the side, and under her) and it always comes out random. Shes about 4-6" wide, thats just a guess though.. as she will NOT hold still lol.
how about a laziest skink contest though?
Theres a bit of a picture of her pot belly too
also, the baby skink in this picture was about 8" at the time, just so you can get a bit of an idea for her size. I thought she was huge at 22", My goodness a 24" skink? wow.
(only posted the thumbnail cause the pictures pretty big, you can click on it to go see it larger.)
- shownuff
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 38
- Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:19 am
- Country:
- Location: Largo
Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 311 guests

It is hard to wait!