Page 1 of 1

What am I?

Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:07 pm
by Katrina
I mentioned earlier that I was 'skink-sitting' an IJ for an undetermined amount of time... well, might be a permanent arrangement now. But anyways, picked up the IJ. What do you guys think? :lol:

Image
Image
Image
Image

Interesting looking skink, isn't it?

Ray - he did shed just after those first pics, weird because the owner told me he had just finished shedding. So he is lighter in the last pics.

Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:58 pm
by zakkhogan
well congrates on the new addition, is it a full IJ or is it crossed with anything?

Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:44 pm
by xxmonitorlizardxx
Uh. I remember a skink that looked like that it was a ijxindo or meruake indo http://bluetongueskinks.net/forum/viewt ... c&start=15

Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:15 pm
by Alioop
I think you are one lucky duck!! :wink:

Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:23 pm
by Scotts1au
quack :-)

Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:14 pm
by Katrina
:lol: Ali / Scott - you're not supposed to give away the answer! :doh:

It definitely wasn't the IJ I was expecting! Based on Dr. Shea / Bluey Bible, IJs should show some scincoides characteristics. I don't see any at all in Riff-Raff. He is some kind of gigas - maybe from an area of the island where they all look like that, maybe some kind of integrade. No idea and no way to know. I just thought he was interesting. :D

And pretty! Definitely an odd duck though. :wink:

Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:57 am
by Susann
I see deffinite Merauke traits.

Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:04 pm
by SapphireTigress1
i'm glad i'm not the only one to see merauke traits in this guy, i'm definitely getting better at this id'i'ng :)
My local pet shop (a total cess pit unfortunately) had a little merauke. i am happy i could id it, since they sure couldnt. i feel so bad for it :(

Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:29 pm
by xxmonitorlizardxx
YOu can see a little bit of every thing(gigas) in him.

Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:39 pm
by Katrina
Yeah, ML is right - a bit of everything!

Don't get too hung up on trying to fit him into a category or ID him.... he is too in between and we don't know enough. Just an interesting bluey that doesn't fit into any of the current species / subspecies we have.

Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:34 pm
by Krista
Wow the vertical black stripes are to die for :love:

Posted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:55 pm
by Susann
I can tell you two things that he IS without a doubt;

1) lucky to have a home with you
2) GOURGEOUS

And I can tell you one thing I am;

1) JEALOUS