Coomassie's Day Out
Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:45 am
I've had Coomassie for almost a year now so I thought it was time the people at the pet store we got him from got to see him. When we picked him up he was a tiny speed bump! He has grown over 6 inches since then and put on a lot of weight. He isn't fat but he has that nice sausage shape that skinks should have. They couldn't believe that my big baby was the same skink they sold almost a year ago. They were really impressed with how well I am taking care of him and at how tame he was. He just sat on my shoulder or my husband's shoulder the entire time. He was really well behaved in the car and spent the entire time at the pet store watching the fish. He was especially interested (read: hungry) for the ghost shrimp they had. He also got to send a little time basking in real sunlight which he seemed to enjoy. I think I'm going to have to start taking him outside now that it is getting warm enough. He is now happily basking and taking a nap.