Also, is it safe to take my skinks out in the grass if we are at a park? I'm worried they might pick up parasites from the birds.
strange question but...
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
- SapphireTigress1
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 132
- Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:58 pm
- Country:
- Location: Tacoma, Washington USA
strange question but...
I've seen little halters on beardies, for when they are out and about, whether it be at an expo for an outreach, or outside roaming around...does anyone have one of these for their skinks? I'd like to take my skinks outside, but we tried that once and nearly lost them.
Also, is it safe to take my skinks out in the grass if we are at a park? I'm worried they might pick up parasites from the birds.
Also, is it safe to take my skinks out in the grass if we are at a park? I'm worried they might pick up parasites from the birds.
iherp!
http://www.iherp.com/SapphireTigress
0.1.2 Blue Tongued Skinks (Creep, New Merauke; Baneling, I.J.; Zergling, Indo)
1.0 Ball python (Boros, Wild type)
2.1 Kenyan Sand Boas (Trickr, Anery het Paradox; Cotton, Albino het Anery; Candy, Albino het Anery)
1.0 Crested Gecko (Harley, Choco/Cream)
http://www.iherp.com/SapphireTigress
0.1.2 Blue Tongued Skinks (Creep, New Merauke; Baneling, I.J.; Zergling, Indo)
1.0 Ball python (Boros, Wild type)
2.1 Kenyan Sand Boas (Trickr, Anery het Paradox; Cotton, Albino het Anery; Candy, Albino het Anery)
1.0 Crested Gecko (Harley, Choco/Cream)
- Fatal_S
- Take Flight

- Posts: 8391
- Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:40 pm
- Your Facebook name: Mel's Exotics
- Country: Canada
- Location: Manitoba
- Contact:
Ive seen people use harnesses on blueys, but it's not a foolproof thing. Difference between beardies and blueys is beardies have very prominent legs, which makes it harder to them to slip out. Blueys can kindof be like snakes and could probably escape a harness if they wanted to. You can use it, but don't trust it completely.
I take my skinks out all the time. I try to stick with big open areas, especially the skinks who like to move fast. I also provide a towel they can hide under instead of them feeling like they need to fly off to find some cover. Mine also like to hide under me.
No comment on the parasites, since I'm pretty laid back there. I probably wouldn't let my skinks out in a place where there was obvious poop of course, but that's about the extent of my precautions there.
I take my skinks out all the time. I try to stick with big open areas, especially the skinks who like to move fast. I also provide a towel they can hide under instead of them feeling like they need to fly off to find some cover. Mine also like to hide under me.
No comment on the parasites, since I'm pretty laid back there. I probably wouldn't let my skinks out in a place where there was obvious poop of course, but that's about the extent of my precautions there.
Mel's Exotics
Breeder of Blue Tongue Skinks & More
http://www.MelsExotics.ca
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpVkgO ... wr6Ds0CP_A
Breeder of Blue Tongue Skinks & More
http://www.MelsExotics.ca
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpVkgO ... wr6Ds0CP_A
- Musoke
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 115
- Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:09 pm
- Country:
- Location: Grassie, Ontario
- Roheryn
- Bluey Follower

- Posts: 399
- Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:04 pm
- Country:
- Location: Netherlands
-
Bluepac
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 17
- Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 1:18 pm
- Country:
- Location: Florida/Pa
- SapphireTigress1
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 132
- Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:58 pm
- Country:
- Location: Tacoma, Washington USA
thanks for all the imput! Yeah, they definitely snake around lol and they do have much smaller legs *sigh*
I think i'll still try it, but i'll still keep an eye out to make sure i dont lose my skinks!
I think i'll still try it, but i'll still keep an eye out to make sure i dont lose my skinks!
iherp!
http://www.iherp.com/SapphireTigress
0.1.2 Blue Tongued Skinks (Creep, New Merauke; Baneling, I.J.; Zergling, Indo)
1.0 Ball python (Boros, Wild type)
2.1 Kenyan Sand Boas (Trickr, Anery het Paradox; Cotton, Albino het Anery; Candy, Albino het Anery)
1.0 Crested Gecko (Harley, Choco/Cream)
http://www.iherp.com/SapphireTigress
0.1.2 Blue Tongued Skinks (Creep, New Merauke; Baneling, I.J.; Zergling, Indo)
1.0 Ball python (Boros, Wild type)
2.1 Kenyan Sand Boas (Trickr, Anery het Paradox; Cotton, Albino het Anery; Candy, Albino het Anery)
1.0 Crested Gecko (Harley, Choco/Cream)
Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 308 guests

