Pretty dumb question...
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
-
WeatherMan_Tom
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 51
- Joined: Thu May 19, 2011 10:27 pm
- Country:
- Location: New Yorl
Pretty dumb question...
Ok so at what age are they adults? Felix is about 7 months old. Just wondering. Also should I'm feeding every other day. Is that ok at this point? Should he still be fed everyday? I mean he would eat if the food is there lol
- Fatal_S
- Take Flight

- Posts: 8391
- Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:40 pm
- Your Facebook name: Mel's Exotics
- Country: Canada
- Location: Manitoba
- Contact:
I don't think they have an adult age. Some of mine are 3 and smaller than one was at 1 (she was fed multiple times daily). When they stop growing much, that's generally around adult size. Adults grow very slowly and shed infrequently.
For feeding though, I go by body-condition. If a skink is getting fat, I cut back to about once a week, maybe less. If a skink is getting skinny, I bump up to a couple times a week, sometimes every other day. Generally, once or twice a week works best for my group.
For feeding though, I go by body-condition. If a skink is getting fat, I cut back to about once a week, maybe less. If a skink is getting skinny, I bump up to a couple times a week, sometimes every other day. Generally, once or twice a week works best for my group.
Mel's Exotics
Breeder of Blue Tongue Skinks & More
http://www.MelsExotics.ca
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpVkgO ... wr6Ds0CP_A
Breeder of Blue Tongue Skinks & More
http://www.MelsExotics.ca
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpVkgO ... wr6Ds0CP_A
- MissMeg
- Bluey Enthusiast

- Posts: 847
- Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:39 pm
- Country: Canada
- Location: Sooke,BC
Ive had Ruckus for two yrs and three or so months, I feed him twice a week, but he only eats once a week (im going to just feed him once a week from now on) He looks like hes a healthy size, or maybe even a bit on the heavy side. Try to cut your bluey's food intake down and see how he handles it. Its all trial and error with these guys lol... well for when to feed them that is.
Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 217 guests
