Back to Blueys :)

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
KidBluey
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 55
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:43 am
Country: USA
Location: Ohio

Back to Blueys :)

Postby KidBluey » Sun May 15, 2011 6:08 pm

After doing some more talking with my mom about getting a boa constrictor, my choice changed. She will not let me store frozen thawed or pre killed mice anywhere in the house. It's dangerous to feed live rodents to snakes in captivity and I don't want to take any chances so I've decided to start saving up for my bluey I'll be getting next month. My birthday is in 10 more days so hopefully, I'll have the right amount of money to get everything I will need. The enclosure I am getting is a 36x20x13 with a built in incandescent light fixture is $125 and the bluey I am getting costs the same so that's $250 already! Hopefully, an extra $50 will be enough to get the rest of the supplies.

Wish me luck everyone! I'll be sure to keep everyone updated.
User avatar
robere
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 83
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:28 am
Country:
Location: Kentucky

Postby robere » Sun May 15, 2011 7:15 pm

I've owned many Boas. I love snakes, but the Bluey's are more entertaining. I'm sure lots of parents dont want the mice in the freezer.
Good luck. You'll love the BTS. The closer they get to adulthood, the more fun they get.
simon4563
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon May 16, 2011 2:51 am
Country:
Location: Northern Ireland

Postby simon4563 » Mon May 16, 2011 5:27 am

ive had a few boas and after purchasing my first BTS on saturday past, i can assure you the BTS is more fun and has a lot more personality.
User avatar
Edward
Carpe diem
Carpe diem
Posts: 1918
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2004 12:07 am
Country: U.S.A.
Location: Texas

Postby Edward » Mon May 16, 2011 8:55 am

:goodluck:
Nemo me impune lacessit.
User avatar
Fatal_S
Take Flight
Take Flight
Posts: 8391
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:40 pm
Your Facebook name: Mel's Exotics
Country: Canada
Location: Manitoba
Contact:

Postby Fatal_S » Mon May 16, 2011 10:53 pm

If there's a pet store nearby that sells F/T rats, you could simply buy the meal each week and thus avoid having to store the rats at home. Just an option to consider if you really wanted the boa. Plus, if the parents allow that, they'll likely get used to it and soon you could store one or two if you wanted.

I still think blueys are way better though, but boas are great too.
User avatar
Zach
Grand Cicada
Grand Cicada
Posts: 7550
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 8:38 pm
Country:
Location: Orygun
Contact:

Postby Zach » Tue May 17, 2011 8:07 pm

Good luck!

+ 2.2 Irian Jaya (Slurpy, Nona, Sassy, Cool Moe Dee)
+ 1.1 Eastern (Eugene, Enzo)
+ 1.2 Northern (Niko, Pearl, Peach)
+ 1.0 Tanimbar Island (TQ)
WeatherMan_Tom
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 51
Joined: Thu May 19, 2011 10:27 pm
Country:
Location: New Yorl

Postby WeatherMan_Tom » Thu May 19, 2011 10:33 pm

My mom had a boa when I was younger. She fed it live rats and the rat did bite her tail. (her being the snake)

But I was in the same boat. I almost got a python. But once I saw the BTS at the reptile expo, I feel in love. My bts is awesome. My best friend now!

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 185 guests