Page 1 of 1

New skinker photos!

Posted: Sun May 08, 2011 5:20 pm
by MiwSher
I didn't know what kind I was going to be picking up, just that I was picking up an adult blue tongue. She/he was a nice surprise!

Image
Image
Image
Image

Sorry for the low quality photos. I had poor lighting!

Posted: Sun May 08, 2011 5:25 pm
by Fatal_S
Looks like a very pretty caramel Northern. Congrats on the new addition! Does she have a name yet?

Posted: Sun May 08, 2011 5:31 pm
by MiwSher
Thanks! I think she's just gorgeous. I mostly see IJ's around here, so I was pleasantly surprised to end up with a Northern. The owner didn't have photos to share before I went to go see her, and wasn't aware of the differences.

All my IJ's are named after sushi, but I think I want to go a different route with any Northerns I get. Haven't really figured it out yet. It's a work in progress :)

Posted: Sun May 08, 2011 6:10 pm
by Katrina
Gorgeous!! :D


:lol: Naming after sushi - that is funny / original.

Posted: Sun May 08, 2011 6:31 pm
by Zach
Looks just like my peach!

Image

Posted: Mon May 09, 2011 7:14 am
by MissMeg
You should name her after exotic flowers... I dont know any to offer lol but I bet google would have a bunch :D

Posted: Mon May 09, 2011 10:49 am
by SapphireTigress1
after sushi? thats awesome! Our skinks are themed too, but they are named after zerg units in Starcraft X_X

Posted: Mon May 09, 2011 9:45 pm
by MiwSher
Zach: She does look exactly like peach! A little darker tan, but other than that spot on!

Yes, my IJ's are Tekka (tuna), Ika (squid), Unagi (eel) and Tamago (egg). I still have yet to post any photos of Tamago. I should get on that!

I love my IJ's, but I'm absolutely in love with colors of this sweetie.

Posted: Mon May 09, 2011 11:29 pm
by Nae
If you wanted to keep with the sushi theme, you could name her wasabi =D

And I thought tuna was maguro? Hmm...

Posted: Tue May 10, 2011 7:09 pm
by MiwSher
I believe both maguro and tekka refer to tuna, however maguro is refering specifically to the fattier part of the tuna belly.

I have had wasabi in mind, but I've been saving it for a small IJ. Good idea though! I still think I'm going to try a different theme for the Northerns though. :)

Posted: Tue May 10, 2011 8:43 pm
by Nae
http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E3%83%9E% ... (Presuming you know a bit of Japanese? If not, the title reads maguro). But then again, I wouldnt have a clue in regards to words specifically aimed at sushi :lol: But eh, it doesnt matter I guess :lol: I was just worried for a sec that I had something wrong :doh:

Hmmm, to keep with the japanese theme, names related to ramen, or to go off MissMegs idea, Japanese flowers?

I had bettas named after Mexican foods :lol:

Posted: Thu May 19, 2011 10:52 pm
by WeatherMan_Tom
SapphireTigress1 wrote:after sushi? thats awesome! Our skinks are themed too, but they are named after zerg units in Starcraft X_X


Hydra, Ultralisk, Zergling lol thats awesome. Such a good idea.