introducing...Creep!

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
User avatar
SapphireTigress1
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 132
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:58 pm
Country:
Location: Tacoma, Washington USA

introducing...Creep!

Postby SapphireTigress1 » Wed May 04, 2011 7:37 pm

This is creep, my new Indo Female. Shes 2 yo, and very large! Shes very friendly, and although she emptied her gigantic skink bladder on my earlier today for the first time holding her...all is forgiven. Shes got such a sweet personality! Very calm and laid back. I think she just had to pee :)

Image

Image

Image

Image

[/img]
iherp!
http://www.iherp.com/SapphireTigress
0.1.2 Blue Tongued Skinks (Creep, New Merauke; Baneling, I.J.; Zergling, Indo)
1.0 Ball python (Boros, Wild type)
2.1 Kenyan Sand Boas (Trickr, Anery het Paradox; Cotton, Albino het Anery; Candy, Albino het Anery)
1.0 Crested Gecko (Harley, Choco/Cream)
User avatar
xxmonitorlizardxx
Walks with Squirrels
Walks with Squirrels
Posts: 4050
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:06 pm
Your Facebook name: Jeremy Johnson
Country:
Location: NJ, USA

Postby xxmonitorlizardxx » Wed May 04, 2011 7:44 pm

Well I have good news and bad news. Good news you have a healthy little skink. Bad news it's a newer form meruake. So if you bred to zerling or baneling no pure babies. Sorry... but congrats :)
Merauke Blue Tongue Skink Breeder
https://www.facebook.com/JJReptiles/
User avatar
SapphireTigress1
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 132
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:58 pm
Country:
Location: Tacoma, Washington USA

Postby SapphireTigress1 » Wed May 04, 2011 7:52 pm

what makes you say that shes an merauke? Im not saying your wrong, i just have no clue. She looks just like Zergling to my untrained eye.

Heck, i'd be chuffed if she is a Merauke :)
The guy who sold her said that she was a Indonesian Giant lolz
iherp!

http://www.iherp.com/SapphireTigress

0.1.2 Blue Tongued Skinks (Creep, New Merauke; Baneling, I.J.; Zergling, Indo)

1.0 Ball python (Boros, Wild type)

2.1 Kenyan Sand Boas (Trickr, Anery het Paradox; Cotton, Albino het Anery; Candy, Albino het Anery)

1.0 Crested Gecko (Harley, Choco/Cream)
User avatar
Katrina
The Daredevil
The Daredevil
Posts: 9769
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:34 pm
Country:
Location: Alberta, Canada

Postby Katrina » Wed May 04, 2011 7:58 pm

She is gorgeous!! :D

I hate to say, but she does look Merauke. No dark outlining on the face, front and back legs are speckled (not solid black) etc. 'Indonesian Giant' sounds made up.
User avatar
xxmonitorlizardxx
Walks with Squirrels
Walks with Squirrels
Posts: 4050
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:06 pm
Your Facebook name: Jeremy Johnson
Country:
Location: NJ, USA

Postby xxmonitorlizardxx » Wed May 04, 2011 7:58 pm

Merauke Blue Tongue Skink Breeder
https://www.facebook.com/JJReptiles/
User avatar
xxmonitorlizardxx
Walks with Squirrels
Walks with Squirrels
Posts: 4050
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:06 pm
Your Facebook name: Jeremy Johnson
Country:
Location: NJ, USA

Postby xxmonitorlizardxx » Wed May 04, 2011 8:01 pm

How big is she? Yeah gigantic does sound made up. There is something like that in a book of mine too.
Merauke Blue Tongue Skink Breeder
https://www.facebook.com/JJReptiles/
User avatar
xxmonitorlizardxx
Walks with Squirrels
Walks with Squirrels
Posts: 4050
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:06 pm
Your Facebook name: Jeremy Johnson
Country:
Location: NJ, USA

Postby xxmonitorlizardxx » Wed May 04, 2011 8:03 pm

Indos,IJ's, and meruakes are usually mistakened alot. When I first got blueberry I couldn't tell they all looked the same to me.
Merauke Blue Tongue Skink Breeder
https://www.facebook.com/JJReptiles/
User avatar
Fatal_S
Take Flight
Take Flight
Posts: 8391
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:40 pm
Your Facebook name: Mel's Exotics
Country: Canada
Location: Manitoba
Contact:

Postby Fatal_S » Wed May 04, 2011 8:49 pm

Congrats on the new addition! She looks very tubby and cute. I rather like the stripes going down her back, reminds me of an Eastern (not that I'm IDing as Eastern, I just like the look).

I'd agree not Indo. I'd actually ID it as Merauke or Merauke/IJ.
User avatar
SapphireTigress1
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 132
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:58 pm
Country:
Location: Tacoma, Washington USA

Postby SapphireTigress1 » Wed May 04, 2011 8:51 pm

I figured the "Giant" was made up lol. She was a steal, so I picked her up. *Shrug* i can't resist a cute skink :)
She is supposed! to be female, but considering the guy didnt know she was a merauke, who knows. *sigh*

I did read the other thread, Monitorlizardxx, and honestly...it confused me more :)

Are there any other angles to take pics of her to be sure sure shes a merauke vs. being an indo? I know its tough (for me at least) to ID off of pics, so if theres any important angle shots I'm missing, I can take some.

Thanks for all the input...this is why I love this site! You guys are all awesome, and I enjoy the learning and information exchange that goes on
here :)

*** Ok, after perusing the pics on the site (which I can now access due to strange communication between the site and my browser) I'm now even MORE confused. I can't really see the differences between Zergling (Indo?) and Creep (Merauke?). Will my quest for a purebred Indo be forever doomed to failure? I'm tired of breeders not knowing what they have. At least my IJ is a pure IJ. That breeder *Seems* to know what hes about.

I just hate shipping animals, as that has resulted in the poor animals getting RI's, despite proper packing techniques.
iherp!

http://www.iherp.com/SapphireTigress

0.1.2 Blue Tongued Skinks (Creep, New Merauke; Baneling, I.J.; Zergling, Indo)

1.0 Ball python (Boros, Wild type)

2.1 Kenyan Sand Boas (Trickr, Anery het Paradox; Cotton, Albino het Anery; Candy, Albino het Anery)

1.0 Crested Gecko (Harley, Choco/Cream)
User avatar
digger
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:34 pm
Country:
Location: Maryland, USA

Postby digger » Thu May 05, 2011 10:15 am

Congrats on the new acquisition - very nice! Love the picture with the tongue. it's just one of those BTS things I guess

I thought you had visited our house and taken pictures of Stripe. Shame we're on opposite coasts, our skinks could have play dates...
:)
User avatar
Fatal_S
Take Flight
Take Flight
Posts: 8391
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:40 pm
Your Facebook name: Mel's Exotics
Country: Canada
Location: Manitoba
Contact:

Postby Fatal_S » Thu May 05, 2011 3:26 pm

Sapphire, why not start a thread with a top-down and side-view of each of your skinks, and we can try to explain the differences and traits we see?
User avatar
SapphireTigress1
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 132
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:58 pm
Country:
Location: Tacoma, Washington USA

Postby SapphireTigress1 » Thu May 05, 2011 3:56 pm

ok :)
iherp!

http://www.iherp.com/SapphireTigress

0.1.2 Blue Tongued Skinks (Creep, New Merauke; Baneling, I.J.; Zergling, Indo)

1.0 Ball python (Boros, Wild type)

2.1 Kenyan Sand Boas (Trickr, Anery het Paradox; Cotton, Albino het Anery; Candy, Albino het Anery)

1.0 Crested Gecko (Harley, Choco/Cream)
User avatar
Zach
Grand Cicada
Grand Cicada
Posts: 7550
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 8:38 pm
Country:
Location: Orygun
Contact:

Postby Zach » Sat May 07, 2011 2:47 pm

Hahaha, indonesian giant.

Yep, Merauke. A real beaut!

+ 2.2 Irian Jaya (Slurpy, Nona, Sassy, Cool Moe Dee)
+ 1.1 Eastern (Eugene, Enzo)
+ 1.2 Northern (Niko, Pearl, Peach)
+ 1.0 Tanimbar Island (TQ)

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 305 guests