Pictures of old AND the new.(Picture heavy)

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
User avatar
Almostinsane
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 88
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:10 am
Country:
Location: Canada, Ontario

Pictures of old AND the new.(Picture heavy)

Postby Almostinsane » Mon May 02, 2011 7:01 am

People have always told me that "Reptiles are like sliced cheese. there wrapped individually, but they all come in one great big package."
I have reason to believe this now.
My family and I were out this past Wednesday and came home with this..

Image
Image

(Sorry for the pics being a bit blurry, she MOVES.... also ignore the giant tail in the background of the 1st photo, that would be Charlie, just lazing around like she always does.)


We haven't got a name for her yet; and shes actually my sisters skink. we purchased her from a Petsmart(Before you go on about this, it is hard to find a breeder in Canada where I live. I've tried for hours on end to no avail. we either find them on Kijiji or pick them up at a pet store.) She seems pretty healthy except shes got a bump on one of her shoulders, it could be slight MBD but it isn't that bad(well, of course MBD is serious, its just not that severe yet). she was pretty well taken care of at the pet store. shes on a diet of some Wellness dog food and dandelion greens at the moment. she isn't eating a whole lot yet though. we think shes an IJ. =)
Shes actually taken a real liking to Charlie. she was spooked a bit by her at first (of course, because of her size.) but we put her semi-close to her (don't worry - we have 2 people at all times when they are together and we don't let them run around together yet. they have met though.) to compare there sizing she kept trying to get ontop of Charlie and lick her! its sooo cute. We just don't want to let them loose yet because were worried if Charlie were to suddenly lash out(doubt she would, shes way to lazy) then she could really hurt the baby. she doesn't seem to mind her to much though.
we have a really good photo of them side by side, but I'll have to find that one later.
my sister also took Charlie out on the deck when I was away. below is just some more photos(don't have a lot of the baby yet, shes still getting used to us so don't want to freak her out with a photoshoot quite yet ;))
Oh yes, the Baby is only a few months old. they got her with her umbilical chord still attached.


Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
User avatar
Coomassie
The Inked Chemist
The Inked Chemist
Posts: 1826
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:01 pm
Country:
Location: Newark, DE

Postby Coomassie » Mon May 02, 2011 7:29 am

Charlie is huge!!!! Or at least appears that way in the pictures. Cute little addition! They look like they have the same almost orange coloring...did they come from the same pet store?
Cay T.
User avatar
Almostinsane
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 88
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:10 am
Country:
Location: Canada, Ontario

Postby Almostinsane » Mon May 02, 2011 9:13 am

Coomassie wrote:Charlie is huge!!!! Or at least appears that way in the pictures. Cute little addition! They look like they have the same almost orange coloring...did they come from the same pet store?


Yeah, from what I've seen in Skinks Charlie is pretty large. shes 22".
Charlies got a really strong orange tint, but the baby skink is more of a brown then orange, however I wouldn't be surprised if Orange became more bright later on in her life. The baby skink just had a shed so thats her colors :D.

We picked Charlie up in a small family-run business in Napanee, and The baby in a Petsmart(can't remember where at the moment lol).
User avatar
Fatal_S
Take Flight
Take Flight
Posts: 8391
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:40 pm
Your Facebook name: Mel's Exotics
Country: Canada
Location: Manitoba
Contact:

Postby Fatal_S » Mon May 02, 2011 2:13 pm

Awesome. They're both adorable. But I really don't recommend letting a new skink near your already healthy one. You seemed to have completely skipped quarantine, and speaking from personal experience, it's a really bad thing to skip. I'll keep my fingers crossed that nothing goes wrong, but now you need to keep an eye on both for symptoms of mites/parasites/RIs.

Hopefully they're a pair. They'd make some gorgeous IJ babies later in life.
User avatar
Almostinsane
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 88
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:10 am
Country:
Location: Canada, Ontario

Postby Almostinsane » Mon May 02, 2011 3:02 pm

Fatal_S wrote:Awesome. They're both adorable. But I really don't recommend letting a new skink near your already healthy one. You seemed to have completely skipped quarantine, and speaking from personal experience, it's a really bad thing to skip. I'll keep my fingers crossed that nothing goes wrong, but now you need to keep an eye on both for symptoms of mites/parasites/RIs.

Hopefully they're a pair. They'd make some gorgeous IJ babies later in life.


I cannot believe I forgot the quarantine step. :doh: totally should of thought about that before hand. whoops! The younger doesn't appear to have mites - Charlie has had mites several times in the past, so I know what to look for. I'll be sure to keep her out of the room until Sunday or so. they both seem to be healthy, but yes I will keep my eye on them.

And we have no plans to breed Skinks what so ever lol! These are just pets. I could not stand keeping my baby in her tank with no handling for months on end. I'm glad to know that they both look beautiful though, lol.
User avatar
MissMeg
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast
Posts: 847
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:39 pm
Country: Canada
Location: Sooke,BC

Postby MissMeg » Mon May 02, 2011 6:25 pm

Lovely bunch you got there :) I got Ruckus fom petsmart aswel. I havent heard of any breeders in ontario, even at the reptile shows i havent seen any.
User avatar
Katrina
The Daredevil
The Daredevil
Posts: 9769
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:34 pm
Country:
Location: Alberta, Canada

Postby Katrina » Mon May 02, 2011 6:59 pm

Fatal_S wrote:Awesome. They're both adorable. But I really don't recommend letting a new skink near your already healthy one. You seemed to have completely skipped quarantine, and speaking from personal experience, it's a really bad thing to skip. I'll keep my fingers crossed that nothing goes wrong, but now you need to keep an eye on both for symptoms of mites/parasites/RIs.

Hopefully they're a pair. They'd make some gorgeous IJ babies later in life.


Melanie said exactly what I was thinking!! :D Gorgeous new addition, congratulations.

And I strongly recommend quarantine, for reasons that aren't simply visually obvious. :wink:
User avatar
smsararas2
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 84
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:29 pm
Country:
Location: Ontario Canada

Postby smsararas2 » Mon May 02, 2011 7:18 pm

My hubby is away who is the main person on this account but I am going to pipe up here and say those are some really nice looking lizards. I would be up for one of those for sure....lol. I am also in Canada looking for one and they are not always easy to find.
0.0.2 Indonesian "Hubert" & Irian Jaya "Suzie-Q"
1.1.2 Schnieder Skinks
0.0.1 Savannah Monitor "Lucky"
12.12.2 Leopard Gecko's
2.0.0 African Fat Tail Gecko's
1.1.1 Pictus Gecko
2.1.0 Red Ear Slider turtles
0.1.0 Map Turtle
0.1.0 Emperor Scorpion
1.1.0 Siamese Cats
2.0.0. Whippets Dogs

2 Cats,2Dogs, 4 turtle and 20+ Geckos in the house.
BUT THE SKINKs are MINE!!
girl4jesus83
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 33
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:18 am
Country:

Postby girl4jesus83 » Mon May 02, 2011 7:44 pm

wow I love the angles, especially the one were she is walking away - original :)

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 235 guests