Stripe pictures...finally

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
User avatar
digger
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:34 pm
Country:
Location: Maryland, USA

Stripe pictures...finally

Postby digger » Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:11 pm

Being scenic on the windowsill
Image

climbing the screen
Image

basking
Image

suppertime!
Image

...to eat or to hide in the cave?
Image
Last edited by digger on Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Nae
Forum Graphic Designer
Forum Graphic Designer
Posts: 1889
Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:30 am
Country:
Location: Western Australia

Postby Nae » Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:14 pm

Would you like me to fix these for you? =D

Edit: Never mind~ Did you do something to fix them? If so, Im interested as to how as a few people have posted images, had them come up as links, yet when I re posted the same links, they worked, so I was offering to do the same for you :D

Forgot to add :doh: : Gorgeous pics btw~!
Last edited by Nae on Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
MissMeg
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast
Posts: 847
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:39 pm
Country: Canada
Location: Sooke,BC

Postby MissMeg » Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:15 pm

Yes please!
-posted before pictures showed up on screen, my appolgies
Last edited by MissMeg on Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
xxmonitorlizardxx
Walks with Squirrels
Walks with Squirrels
Posts: 4050
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:06 pm
Your Facebook name: Jeremy Johnson
Country:
Location: NJ, USA

Postby xxmonitorlizardxx » Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:17 pm

Pretty ij I was thinking meruake but that's because I have meruake on the brain :roll: Fatal knows why. :)
Edit: wait no it does look like a meruake. Arrgghh so confusing.
Last edited by xxmonitorlizardxx on Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Merauke Blue Tongue Skink Breeder
https://www.facebook.com/JJReptiles/
User avatar
digger
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:34 pm
Country:
Location: Maryland, USA

Postby digger » Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:17 pm

think I got them now. do they look okay this time?
- - - - - - -
(edit) was a little odd. the links showed up. So I went back and unchecked the "Disable BBCode in this post" don't even know what it is, but the actual pictures showed up, so, um, okay! hope you like!
Last edited by digger on Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Nae
Forum Graphic Designer
Forum Graphic Designer
Posts: 1889
Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:30 am
Country:
Location: Western Australia

Postby Nae » Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:18 pm

Yep! All good! I love the first one~
User avatar
digger
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:34 pm
Country:
Location: Maryland, USA

Postby digger » Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:21 pm

Thanks!
my daughter wanted him to be "scenic" so we added two flowers...

- - - - - - - - - - - -
Actually, we keep going back and forth between Merauke and Irian Jaya, but I THINK he/she/it's Merauke. (wasn't an issue when we began - my daughter just wanted a cute, friendly BTS!)
'course, we were convinced that it was a she too, but I think we were just feeding a bit too much and it looked like it had that nice, rounded abdomen
Last edited by digger on Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
xxmonitorlizardxx
Walks with Squirrels
Walks with Squirrels
Posts: 4050
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:06 pm
Your Facebook name: Jeremy Johnson
Country:
Location: NJ, USA

Postby xxmonitorlizardxx » Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:21 pm

I like the second and third.
Merauke Blue Tongue Skink Breeder
https://www.facebook.com/JJReptiles/
User avatar
Coomassie
The Inked Chemist
The Inked Chemist
Posts: 1826
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:01 pm
Country:
Location: Newark, DE

Postby Coomassie » Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:21 am

Awesome pics!
Cay T.
User avatar
Nae
Forum Graphic Designer
Forum Graphic Designer
Posts: 1889
Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:30 am
Country:
Location: Western Australia

Postby Nae » Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:32 am

digger wrote:think I got them now. do they look okay this time?
- - - - - - -
(edit) was a little odd. the links showed up. So I went back and unchecked the "Disable BBCode in this post" don't even know what it is, but the actual pictures showed up, so, um, okay! hope you like!


Hmmm...thats interesting...I think it should be added to the posting photos tutorial! What ever happened to that thread anyway, was it eventually stickied and stuff? (Or I could just go and look....)
User avatar
Katrina
The Daredevil
The Daredevil
Posts: 9769
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:34 pm
Country:
Location: Alberta, Canada

Postby Katrina » Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:33 am

Welcome!! Gorgeous photos!! :D

The photo tutorial wasn't stickied, there wasn't a ton of response. I did add it to the links for newbies thread as I figured it was good info and could probably help some people trouble shoot. If anyone would like to add more, please go ahead!
User avatar
smsararas2
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 84
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:29 pm
Country:
Location: Ontario Canada

Postby smsararas2 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:43 am

great shots, to bad you did not get on in the photo contest....lol.... next time

i love the name so fitting.
0.0.2 Indonesian "Hubert" & Irian Jaya "Suzie-Q"
1.1.2 Schnieder Skinks
0.0.1 Savannah Monitor "Lucky"
12.12.2 Leopard Gecko's
2.0.0 African Fat Tail Gecko's
1.1.1 Pictus Gecko
2.1.0 Red Ear Slider turtles
0.1.0 Map Turtle
0.1.0 Emperor Scorpion
1.1.0 Siamese Cats
2.0.0. Whippets Dogs

2 Cats,2Dogs, 4 turtle and 20+ Geckos in the house.
BUT THE SKINKs are MINE!!
User avatar
xxmonitorlizardxx
Walks with Squirrels
Walks with Squirrels
Posts: 4050
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:06 pm
Your Facebook name: Jeremy Johnson
Country:
Location: NJ, USA

Postby xxmonitorlizardxx » Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:36 pm

I'd say meruake, looks alot like Rush's
Merauke Blue Tongue Skink Breeder
https://www.facebook.com/JJReptiles/
User avatar
missmacabre
Rat Girl
Rat Girl
Posts: 1023
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:31 am
Country:
Location: New Zealand

Postby missmacabre » Sun May 01, 2011 4:53 am

Love the first pic!

Jess <:3 )~
1 male Eastern BTS: Onyxia
1 male Bearded Dragon: Falkor
1 Green and Golden Bell Frog
5 male Rats: Anubis, Ice, Riff Raff, Tobias and Templeton
2 female Budgies: Remy and Emile
1 male Mouse: Archie (aka Mouseman)
User avatar
digger
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:34 pm
Country:
Location: Maryland, USA

Postby digger » Sun May 01, 2011 6:47 pm

Katrina wrote:Welcome!! Gorgeous photos!! :D

The photo tutorial wasn't stickied, there wasn't a ton of response. I did add it to the links for newbies thread as I figured it was good info and could probably help some people trouble shoot. If anyone would like to add more, please go ahead!


Thanks!
yeah, I actually read it when I first joined. But having been on other Forums, I figured that, heck, I'd just add them and figure it out on the fly. well, mostly. fighting with the picture profile thing too. added some before and now can't add these. guess I actually have to read the directions!
- - - - - - -
Wanted to get in on the photo contest but couldn't get the good shots done in time - not for lack of trying. next time. I now have a digital camera, so that will help. the above photos were done with actual film....the dying breed of phtotographer.
User avatar
xxmonitorlizardxx
Walks with Squirrels
Walks with Squirrels
Posts: 4050
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:06 pm
Your Facebook name: Jeremy Johnson
Country:
Location: NJ, USA

Postby xxmonitorlizardxx » Sun May 01, 2011 7:15 pm

digger wrote:
Katrina wrote:Welcome!! Gorgeous photos!! :D

The photo tutorial wasn't stickied, there wasn't a ton of response. I did add it to the links for newbies thread as I figured it was good info and could probably help some people trouble shoot. If anyone would like to add more, please go ahead!


Thanks!
yeah, I actually read it when I first joined. But having been on other Forums, I figured that, heck, I'd just add them and figure it out on the fly. well, mostly. fighting with the picture profile thing too. added some before and now can't add these. guess I actually have to read the directions!
- - - - - - -
Wanted to get in on the photo contest but couldn't get the good shots done in time - not for lack of trying. next time. I now have a digital camera, so that will help. the above photos were done with actual film....the dying breed of phtotographer.
You mean extinct :lol:
Merauke Blue Tongue Skink Breeder
https://www.facebook.com/JJReptiles/
User avatar
SapphireTigress1
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 132
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:58 pm
Country:
Location: Tacoma, Washington USA

Postby SapphireTigress1 » Sun May 01, 2011 10:52 pm

Lovely pics, i love the flowers lol.
My skinkers love windowsills too :)
iherp!
http://www.iherp.com/SapphireTigress
0.1.2 Blue Tongued Skinks (Creep, New Merauke; Baneling, I.J.; Zergling, Indo)
1.0 Ball python (Boros, Wild type)
2.1 Kenyan Sand Boas (Trickr, Anery het Paradox; Cotton, Albino het Anery; Candy, Albino het Anery)
1.0 Crested Gecko (Harley, Choco/Cream)
User avatar
digger
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:34 pm
Country:
Location: Maryland, USA

Postby digger » Wed May 04, 2011 10:50 am

(RE: film) no, we're not dead YET!

think we'll be trying for some more pics this weekend, maybe in a homemade temporary enclosure in the garden... but first, there's another reptile show to attend!
User avatar
xxmonitorlizardxx
Walks with Squirrels
Walks with Squirrels
Posts: 4050
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:06 pm
Your Facebook name: Jeremy Johnson
Country:
Location: NJ, USA

Postby xxmonitorlizardxx » Wed May 04, 2011 8:18 pm

digger wrote:(RE: film) no, we're not dead YET!

think we'll be trying for some more pics this weekend, maybe in a homemade temporary enclosure in the garden... but first, there's another reptile show to attend!
You maybe the last one. :lol:
Merauke Blue Tongue Skink Breeder
https://www.facebook.com/JJReptiles/
User avatar
digger
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:34 pm
Country:
Location: Maryland, USA

Postby digger » Thu May 05, 2011 7:18 pm

the whole crew
Image

a girl and her skink - it's a beautiful thing
Image

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 192 guests