FASS FARMS

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
Christi Rose
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast

FASS FARMS

Postby Christi Rose » Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:45 am

Has anyone ever heard of Fass Farms Captive Born Reptiles run by Mark and Andrea Fass? They were at the expo today in Arlington and had two bts for sale. He called them normal notherns but they definitely weren't. I didn't have my camera with me. But I wasn't really paying attention to what I was saying and when he said they were purebred northerns I blurted out "No they're not." After that, he started back tracking saying that the parents were normals but the parents of the parents were 'albino', he described them as all pink. There were two babies at his table, one was light brown with dark brown stripes down the side and brown down the middle of his back, his belly was a little pink, but he didn't have any other colors. The other baby, supposedly the sibling of the first one even though he was noticeably larger, had bright yellow and dark brown alternating stripes down the sides and a dark brown stripe down his back. He looked more northern, but definitely not anything I've ever seen before. He said that he was the first breeder of all the bts in the US. He said that 50% of all the bts in the US came from him, and he got his first bts from the zoo in Honolulu which was the first captive bred pair in the US. I'm just curious because he took offense when I questioned his animals, which is understandable, but he was rude about it. It might have been because of the way I blurted it 'no it's not' but I'm not sure. He rubbed me the wrong way.
thanks!
~Christi
1.0 red eared slider turtle: Michelangelo
1.0 Red Tail Boa: Kaa
0.0.1 Northern BTS: Petri
1.0 American Staffordshire Terrier/Lab Mix: Brutus
1.0 German Shepherd: Pax

1.0 Husband: Will
Tempo
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast

Postby Tempo » Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:14 pm

I wonder what others have to say. :)
Sounds interesting.
1.0 Northern BTS "Rolo"
1.0 Ball Python (Spider Morph) "Ritz"
1.1 K9 (Yorkshire Terrier & Papillon) "Toby & Dixie"
2.0 Ferret "Dunkin & Duey"
KyleWeiss
Minister of Propaganda
Minister of Propaganda

Postby KyleWeiss » Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:15 pm

Who knows. He could be mislead ignorantly, or he might as well change his business to "Fast Buck."

You just never know. The best thing to do is make them aware people know their stuff.

I don't think you blurted out anything inappropriate. Usually people are rude about things when they've been "caught in the act." If the guy in fact was all that he said he was with breeding, I'm pretty sure he'd have more and better animals, not to mention, actual proof and lineage. Breeding is a labor of love, and most people take big pride in it and document their work. Andrew and Ray are prime examples.

My rule of thumb: "Liars get angry and justify, the honest use confidence and reputation."

Sounds like a dubious character with a tall tale.

KW
Goodbye, BTS.net -- We've had to good times. I do hope someone else will come along and make it the lovely community it once was.
Zach
Grand Cicada
Grand Cicada

Postby Zach » Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:22 pm

:chin: I'm not sure anyone can make that claim? There's no way to know who had what BTS in the entire USA at any time...unless the BTS had special markings or colors that were identifiable...

+ 2.2 Irian Jaya (Slurpy, Nona, Sassy, Cool Moe Dee)
+ 1.1 Eastern (Eugene, Enzo)
+ 1.2 Northern (Niko, Pearl, Peach)
+ 1.0 Tanimbar Island (TQ)
mom22wins
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict

Postby mom22wins » Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:20 pm

Zach wrote::chin: I'm not sure anyone can make that claim? There's no way to know who had what BTS in the entire USA at any time...unless the BTS had special markings or colors that were identifiable...

I agree. How could anyone be so sure that "50% of all the bts in the US came from him" ? That sounds like bragging to make a profit if you ask my opinion. :roll:
KyleWeiss
Minister of Propaganda
Minister of Propaganda

Postby KyleWeiss » Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:35 pm

You should hear some of Ray Giurgi's stories about reptile sellers that he's come across over the years. They'll say anything.

Pet vendors just seem to be that way sometimes.

Mix high-dollar item with people of questionable knowledge and you get some pretty interesting tactics.

KW
Goodbye, BTS.net -- We've had to good times. I do hope someone else will come along and make it the lovely community it once was.
Leigh
Leigh of the Law
Leigh of the Law

Postby Leigh » Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:34 am

I think he's full of :liar: (hey who stole the BS flag emoticon??????)

If they were all that and a bag of chips, wouldn't they be known to people on this site, at least.
MMMmmmmm... Something???????
Christi Rose
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast

Postby Christi Rose » Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:37 am

That's what I thought too. That's why I asked. The only big bluey breeders I was aware of was Zatchie, Andrew, and Ray. But I know there has to be more than three in the whole country and lord knows I don't know everything there is to know about the bts breeding world. I figured if he was who he says he was, then someone here would've heard of him. I'm glad I didn't take any stock into what he was saying. I even asked him about our three breeders and he said he's never heard of any of them. But I figured if he was soooo into breeding skinkies that he's have looked into buying from you guys, but no. Thanks everyone for confirming my suspicions. And I'm sorry if this post didn't make any sense, I just woke up from a nap.
thanks!
~Christi

KyleWeiss
Minister of Propaganda
Minister of Propaganda

Postby KyleWeiss » Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:00 pm

Considering Ray was doing this while rocking out in the 1980's, I'm pretty sure this guy would have known about him. :lol: Ray isn't exactly a shy man and would talk blueys anytime, anyplace. :notwise: :lol:

I still think this guy Fass is smoke up the cloaca.

KW
Ray Gurgui
Rocker of Rock 'n Roll
Rocker of Rock 'n Roll

Postby Ray Gurgui » Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:09 pm

Jeeze ! Some people will say anything to make a buck !! Only " 2 " skinks at a show ??? That shure doesnt sound like a BIG skink breeder to me !!! This past weekend I only brought 90 BTS with me to the Tampa show , and even left some home !

Since I joined this forum in 2004 I have produced 640 BTS up until now 2008 and 233 this year alone, I have no idea how many more I produced in the 11 years before 2004.
But I know its a lot !! LOL ! I dont think anyone is crazy enough to do this. Just me, but its better than getting wild cought with all the problems they can have, or those phony rescues that most are a mess. Its not a rescue if you have to pay for it ! Its a sale, and they will get more !!
www.thunderbayherps.com

Northern 4.11
Caramel Northern 2.4.3
Sunset Northern 1.0
Het Sunset Northern 2.7
Turner Line White Northern 0.4.1
Eastern 10.14.4
Tanimbar 2.3
Iran Jaya 2.4.5
Merueke 1.1
Kei Island 2.5
Alpine Blotched 3.4
blue
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict

Postby blue » Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:55 pm

i THINK WHAT RAY SAYS GOES!!! LOL YEAH MAN
KyleWeiss
Minister of Propaganda
Minister of Propaganda

Postby KyleWeiss » Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:54 pm

I dunno, Ray, only 640? Hmmm... if this guy is really telling the truth he had to have bred at least 30,000 by now... :roll: :lol: I hear he beat you using the "Bluey Breedermatic 3000," that puts them through six brumations and mating cycles a year! And they glow in the dark! :nanny: That's right! He has glow in the dark blueys!

:rofl:

Not to mention, his "Fass Farms," name comes up quite a few times as a vendor at shows, but there is no company website, no address, no information to be found.

He's so big he can obscure his information? HUGE! :hehe:

:cool:

KW
Christi Rose
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast

Postby Christi Rose » Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:54 pm

:lol: That was actually my other worry, he has no website and no address on his card. Just a phone number, a decal, and his and a woman (I assume his wife). Any breeder worth his salt has a better line of communication than a phone number.
thanks!
~Christi

SailleSkinklover
Bluey Fanatic
Bluey Fanatic

Postby SailleSkinklover » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:04 pm

Check out and see if he's on the BOI? SOunds very shadey to me, and if he rubbed you the wrong way, steer far clear of him.
Trust those instincts, because I can guarantee you that they're correct! :shock:
1.0. Merauke, Chuff Chuff
0.1.1 Irian Jayas, Nubbin, Marley
0.0.1 Northern, Hobbes
3.1.0.1 White Lined Geckos,CrazyHorse, Dad, Itchy, little female
7.10.17 Crested Geckos, HELP!
0.1.0 Leachie, Francis
1.2.0 Gargoyles, Everton, Ant, Juicebox
1.1.2 African Fat Tails, Burger Butt, Galaxy,t he kids
1.1.0.2 Tokays, Niles, Lillith
KyleWeiss
Minister of Propaganda
Minister of Propaganda

Postby KyleWeiss » Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:00 pm

But... but... his ORIGINAL GLOW IN THE DARK SKINKS! I mean... come ON! :hubba:

Oh and not to mention, if someone rubs you the wrong way and you buy a skink, imagine what kind of service you get down the road.

I love knowing that I have Rollie's first "dad," (Ray) available anytime I need him. :edward: Peace of mind and smug of heart.

KW
Zach
Grand Cicada
Grand Cicada

Postby Zach » Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:34 am

:lol:

+ 2.2 Irian Jaya (Slurpy, Nona, Sassy, Cool Moe Dee)
+ 1.1 Eastern (Eugene, Enzo)
+ 1.2 Northern (Niko, Pearl, Peach)
+ 1.0 Tanimbar Island (TQ)
Christi Rose
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast

Postby Christi Rose » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:39 am

Oh definitely, I never considered buying from him. We went to look and get some feeders for the snake. And I know what you mean Kyle, I love that I have access to Zatchie whenever I need him (plus this site of course). But I get to see how Petri's siblings are coming along and his parents. It's very comforting.
thanks!
~Christi

KyleWeiss
Minister of Propaganda
Minister of Propaganda

Postby KyleWeiss » Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:08 pm

Well... the Zooch is available physically all the time... mentally? (...out to lunch...) :hehe:

When are you, Miss Rose, going to put up a picture of Petri as your avatar and upgrade from that borrowed (but beautiful) tanny?

KW
Christi Rose
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast

Postby Christi Rose » Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:24 pm

Well I figured I could put up a pic of a care bear to get his attention if I needed him :lol:

I don't know when i'm going to change my avatar, of course I love my little Petri but my pretty little tanny avatar is special. I'm so confused!
thanks!
~Christi

KyleWeiss
Minister of Propaganda
Minister of Propaganda

Postby KyleWeiss » Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:58 pm

Christi Rose wrote:Well I figured I could put up a pic of a care bear to get his attention if I needed him :lol:

I don't know when i'm going to change my avatar, of course I love my little Petri but my pretty little tanny avatar is special. I'm so confused!

Well your current avatar is filled with lies, lies lies! All lies! :rofl: You don't own TQ! :edward:

KW

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”