I wish I had more information about this little one. Sadly, the vagueness from the "breeder," suggests that they wouldn't know if they wanted to about this one's history. I wish I could give you more information. Let me know if I can help in any way
Just Caught the Bluey Fever!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
- Skink_Lover0327
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 21
- Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:17 pm
- Country:
- Location: Utah, United States
Re: Just Caught the Bluey Fever!
I'm sorry for all the trouble
I wish I had more information about this little one. Sadly, the vagueness from the "breeder," suggests that they wouldn't know if they wanted to about this one's history. I wish I could give you more information. Let me know if I can help in any way
I wish I had more information about this little one. Sadly, the vagueness from the "breeder," suggests that they wouldn't know if they wanted to about this one's history. I wish I could give you more information. Let me know if I can help in any way
- Richard.C
- Kimberley Klan

- Posts: 10474
- Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:37 am
- Country:
- Location: melbourne australia
Re: Just Caught the Bluey Fever!
no need to be sorry mate,its actually good to hear peoples take on such things,always good for learning
the breeder,or whom u got this guy from is right in calling it tiliqua gigas,meurake is a type of gigas,thats been scientificlly described,as a type of gigas,the fun bit is trying to figure out what to call the others,not put anywhere yet forms.its why alot are sold as gigas species?also meurakes vary to,so could well be one of those to
getting many different opinions helps everyone in learning more,so these type threads are great
the breeder,or whom u got this guy from is right in calling it tiliqua gigas,meurake is a type of gigas,thats been scientificlly described,as a type of gigas,the fun bit is trying to figure out what to call the others,not put anywhere yet forms.its why alot are sold as gigas species?also meurakes vary to,so could well be one of those to
getting many different opinions helps everyone in learning more,so these type threads are great
- Katrina
- The Daredevil

- Posts: 9769
- Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:34 pm
- Country:
- Location: Alberta, Canada
Re: Just Caught the Bluey Fever!
Skink_Lover0327 wrote:I'm sorry for all the trouble![]()
I wish I had more information about this little one. Sadly, the vagueness from the "breeder," suggests that they wouldn't know if they wanted to about this one's history. I wish I could give you more information. Let me know if I can help in any way
Don't feel sorry at all! This started an interesting discussion, one that has come up before. Often there just isn't enough information to correctly ID a BTS (I have one like that as well - very inbetween!). But it still is an interesting discussion, no one learns from the very obvious ones to ID. Think of it as a good thing - you have an interesting bluey and we are all learning from discussing. Everyone is friends on here, so even if people disagree there is no hard feelings or arguing. But if we all had the same opinion then we wouldn't ever learn anything.
But please don't feel sorry - you did nothing wrong, you just posted pictures of your new BTS like we encourage everyone to do!
- xxmonitorlizardxx
- Walks with Squirrels

- Posts: 4050
- Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:06 pm
- Your Facebook name: Jeremy Johnson
- Country:
- Location: NJ, USA
Re: Just Caught the Bluey Fever!
El Lobo wrote:amcurls wrote:I couldn't agree more. New Guinea is still pretty much terra incognito.
ML should have detected this, being a Latin student and all.
Latin is hard...

- Spindown
- Reptilian Artisan

- Posts: 2680
- Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:24 pm
- Country:
Re: Just Caught the Bluey Fever!
lol I'd say Indo, and my guess is male. Now that i've seen in person what hemipenal bulges look like, it could possibly be that. My experience was a bit...enhanced since my males bits were irritated and swollen though at the time, poor boy. (hes better now).
~Alyy
Spindown Reptiles est. 2013 ------- Facebook.com/SpindownReptiles
Specializing in Kenyan Sand boas and Special Needs animal care.
Spindown Reptiles est. 2013 ------- Facebook.com/SpindownReptiles
Specializing in Kenyan Sand boas and Special Needs animal care.
- Augratheskink
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 31
- Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 1:39 am
- Country:
- Location: nc, usa
Re: Just Caught the Bluey Fever!
i was quick to say indo but he looks like my merauke but mine has a lot more spots on legs and more colorful belly so ill go with merauke
- JoshChimera
- Bluey Addict

- Posts: 1099
- Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:50 pm
- Country:
- Location: the Bay Area CA USA
Re: Just Caught the Bluey Fever!
Nice skink.
1.0.0 Tanimbar Island Blue Tongue Skink T. scincoides chimaerea Silver Phase
0.1.0 Taiwanese Beauty Rat snake
0.1.0 Variable King snake
1.0.1 Emerald swift (captive born)
1.2.0 Jeweled Eyed Lacerta
1.0.0 Western Hognose snake
0.1.0 Taiwanese Beauty Rat snake
0.1.0 Variable King snake
1.0.1 Emerald swift (captive born)
1.2.0 Jeweled Eyed Lacerta
1.0.0 Western Hognose snake
- KellyandLindsey
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 236
- Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:53 pm
- Country:
- Location: Denver Colorado
Re: Just Caught the Bluey Fever!
that is a awesome skink! thanks for posting the pics.
please?
so we can see how he's doing. 
please? - Skink_Lover0327
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 21
- Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:17 pm
- Country:
- Location: Utah, United States
Re: Just Caught the Bluey Fever!
Thank you everyone and ABSOLUTELY! He has gotten BIG since last I updated, so I will definitely have a photo op with him hopefully by Wednesday!
- LarissaLurid
- Bluey Enthusiast

- Posts: 762
- Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:26 pm
- Country:
- Location: United States
- Contact:
Re: Just Caught the Bluey Fever!
I have a Merauke as well; I'd say this is a Merauke. The markings on the body definitely don't look indo and even though there is a lot of black on the legs, there's lots of speckling on the back ones and still some that look to be more at the beginning and underside of the front legs. Mine has a lot more black on the front legs too and doesn't have "perfect" markings, that doesn't mean mine is indo either. Also appears it could be a male, but it's pretty young also.
1.0 Merauke Blue Tongue Skink (Caipora)
TONS of other pets, listed on my page.
TONS of other pets, listed on my page.
- KellyandLindsey
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 236
- Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:53 pm
- Country:
- Location: Denver Colorado
Re: Just Caught the Bluey Fever!
Skink_Lover0327 wrote:Thank you everyone and ABSOLUTELY! He has gotten BIG since last I updated, so I will definitely have a photo op with him hopefully by Wednesday!
yeh!- Skink_Lover0327
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 21
- Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:17 pm
- Country:
- Location: Utah, United States
Re: Just Caught the Bluey Fever!
Here are some updated pics of Boon 
*WARNING* CUTE OVERLOAD!
This first one I upped the Saturation a bit
The rest are unaltered and from today










*WARNING* CUTE OVERLOAD!
This first one I upped the Saturation a bit
The rest are unaltered and from today










Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 279 guests
