Did you keep the name?

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
User avatar
Zach
Grand Cicada
Grand Cicada
Posts: 7550
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 8:38 pm
Country:
Location: Orygun
Contact:

Postby Zach » Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:59 pm

zennygirl wrote:
Zach wrote: We do usually call the smallest one runt though.

not true zach :ahahah:
in your first clutch, you named the runt jeffrey, who then became my pup d.



Not so much of a runt now though, huh :hehe:

+ 2.2 Irian Jaya (Slurpy, Nona, Sassy, Cool Moe Dee)
+ 1.1 Eastern (Eugene, Enzo)
+ 1.2 Northern (Niko, Pearl, Peach)
+ 1.0 Tanimbar Island (TQ)
User avatar
Leigh
Leigh of the Law
Leigh of the Law
Posts: 6695
Joined: Thu Nov 23, 2006 4:23 am
Country:
Location: Bristol, England

Postby Leigh » Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:44 am

Lucifer_Spades wrote:
Dragontears wrote:
KyleWeiss wrote:What the heck is wrong wtih calling an animal something like "Spoon?" I think that'd be rad.

KW


I have a friend with a border collie/lab cross named Spoon. Her other dog is named Gus.



I have an Ex named Gus who had a cat named Spoon, and yes he was kind of a dog.
He also had a dog named Tire Iron, and 2 ferrets named Ping and Pong.
Not really the brightest bulb...



So who was the dog your ex or the cat :rofl:

I have a mate with 12 boarder terriers, the all have alcohol names, rum,cider, whiskey,pilsner etc etc
MMMmmmmm... Something???????
KyleWeiss
Minister of Propaganda
Minister of Propaganda
Posts: 5015
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:03 am
Country:

Re: names

Postby KyleWeiss » Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:59 pm

aggiegirl wrote:Kyle, you really need someone to restrict your name choices as well! :roll:



Pfff, try and restrict me. :edward: I'll call my next skink "Vacuum Bag," now. :mrgreen: ...and yes, I AM the kind of guy that puts strange things on his lawn to make the neighbors talk. Keeps the squares in check. :hubba: :rofl:

KW
Goodbye, BTS.net -- We've had to good times. I do hope someone else will come along and make it the lovely community it once was.
User avatar
Fatal_S
Take Flight
Take Flight
Posts: 8391
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:40 pm
Your Facebook name: Mel's Exotics
Country: Canada
Location: Manitoba
Contact:

Postby Fatal_S » Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:42 pm

I love naming my babies. I've already got a list of names for skink babies I'll be getting, and I'm constantly adding more. Currently I have 3 names in effect, 2 for the tannies I'll be getting and 1 for the Northern at the pet store near my barracks.

Silver Tanimbar = Wocket
Yellow Tanimbar = Trikks
Northern = Pryce

Other names for me to use = Pi, Karma, Kiki, Spork, Cloud, Gypsy, Alpha, Pooch, Kitty, Day, Shark, Revel, Help, Fluke, Space, News, Shift, Warp, Wasp and Lego

If I ever get a huge number of skinks I think I'll start using some of the phonetic alphabet to name them = Alpha, Bravo, Delta, Echo, Foxtrot, India, Kilo, Lima, Quebec, Sierra, Tango, Whisky, X-Ray, Yankee, Zulu.

I may also use favorite names from books such as Dragonriders of Pern.

All names are copyright M. Pratt : P
User avatar
russman
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast
Posts: 557
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:43 pm
Country:
Location: Russell, PA USA

Postby russman » Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:54 pm

I thought of using the name Shift as well.. from the Chronicles of Narnia, The Last Battle.. gotta LOVE C.S. Lewis!
User avatar
PICJESS
Chunka Burnin Love
Chunka Burnin Love
Posts: 207
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 1:06 pm
Country:
Location: Seffner, FL
Contact:

Postby PICJESS » Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:55 pm

When I got Chunka from Nia, her name was Red. Chunka Chunka Burnin' Love just came out one day and it stuck :)
Jess
2 Gigas : Mr. Booger and Chunka
2 Cats : Storm and Cali
1 Mutt : Jetta (black pointer mix)
1 husband : Rock <3
1 baby girl : Daisy <3
User avatar
Zach
Grand Cicada
Grand Cicada
Posts: 7550
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 8:38 pm
Country:
Location: Orygun
Contact:

Postby Zach » Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:11 pm

Fatal_S wrote:I love naming my babies. I've already got a list of names for skink babies I'll be getting, and I'm constantly adding more. Currently I have 3 names in effect, 2 for the tannies I'll be getting and 1 for the Northern at the pet store near my barracks.

Silver Tanimbar = Wocket
Yellow Tanimbar = Trikks
Northern = Pryce

Other names for me to use = Pi, Karma, Kiki, Spork, Cloud, Gypsy, Alpha, Pooch, Kitty, Day, Shark, Revel, Help, Fluke, Space, News, Shift, Warp, Wasp and Lego

If I ever get a huge number of skinks I think I'll start using some of the phonetic alphabet to name them = Alpha, Bravo, Delta, Echo, Foxtrot, India, Kilo, Lima, Quebec, Sierra, Tango, Whisky, X-Ray, Yankee, Zulu.

I may also use favorite names from books such as Dragonriders of Pern.

All names are copyright M. Pratt : P



Help? :puzzled:

+ 2.2 Irian Jaya (Slurpy, Nona, Sassy, Cool Moe Dee)
+ 1.1 Eastern (Eugene, Enzo)
+ 1.2 Northern (Niko, Pearl, Peach)
+ 1.0 Tanimbar Island (TQ)
User avatar
SkinkysMom
Righteous Rex
Righteous Rex
Posts: 92
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2004 5:06 am
Country:
Location: Fl

Postby SkinkysMom » Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:33 pm

applepiebald wrote:Zach told me back in 2004 that Slurps will respond to his name. (Somewhere there's an actual video of it...)

Oh, and for the record, I prefer the name "Spork".


My northern Vanilla responds to his name...it's really cute.
1.0.1 Rex & Cariño - Irian Jaya Blue Tongue
1.0.0 Vanilla - Northern
1.0.0 Raptor - Tanimbar
1.0.0 Kilowatt - Indonesian
1.0.0 Olive - Merauke

0.0.1 Schniders Skink - Skinky
1.0.0 Ball Python - NocE (knock E)
0.1.0 Creamsicle Corn - Dreamsicle
User avatar
Zach
Grand Cicada
Grand Cicada
Posts: 7550
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 8:38 pm
Country:
Location: Orygun
Contact:

Postby Zach » Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:10 pm

Does Rex? :blush:

+ 2.2 Irian Jaya (Slurpy, Nona, Sassy, Cool Moe Dee)
+ 1.1 Eastern (Eugene, Enzo)
+ 1.2 Northern (Niko, Pearl, Peach)
+ 1.0 Tanimbar Island (TQ)
User avatar
Fatal_S
Take Flight
Take Flight
Posts: 8391
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:40 pm
Your Facebook name: Mel's Exotics
Country: Canada
Location: Manitoba
Contact:

Postby Fatal_S » Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:29 am

Zach wrote:
Fatal_S wrote:I love naming my babies. I've already got a list of names for skink babies I'll be getting, and I'm constantly adding more. Currently I have 3 names in effect, 2 for the tannies I'll be getting and 1 for the Northern at the pet store near my barracks.

Silver Tanimbar = Wocket
Yellow Tanimbar = Trikks
Northern = Pryce

Other names for me to use = Pi, Karma, Kiki, Spork, Cloud, Gypsy, Alpha, Pooch, Kitty, Day, Shark, Revel, Help, Fluke, Space, News, Shift, Warp, Wasp and Lego

If I ever get a huge number of skinks I think I'll start using some of the phonetic alphabet to name them = Alpha, Bravo, Delta, Echo, Foxtrot, India, Kilo, Lima, Quebec, Sierra, Tango, Whisky, X-Ray, Yankee, Zulu.

I may also use favorite names from books such as Dragonriders of Pern.

All names are copyright M. Pratt : P



Help? :puzzled:


Yep, Help. I have my reasons. Sometimes.
User avatar
SkinkysMom
Righteous Rex
Righteous Rex
Posts: 92
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2004 5:06 am
Country:
Location: Fl

Postby SkinkysMom » Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:44 am

Zach wrote:Does Rex? :blush:


:lol: Rex will lift his head and "look" in your direction....with his eyes closed :lol:
1.0.1 Rex & Cariño - Irian Jaya Blue Tongue
1.0.0 Vanilla - Northern
1.0.0 Raptor - Tanimbar
1.0.0 Kilowatt - Indonesian
1.0.0 Olive - Merauke

0.0.1 Schniders Skink - Skinky
1.0.0 Ball Python - NocE (knock E)
0.1.0 Creamsicle Corn - Dreamsicle
User avatar
Zach
Grand Cicada
Grand Cicada
Posts: 7550
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 8:38 pm
Country:
Location: Orygun
Contact:

Postby Zach » Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:51 am

SkinkysMom wrote:
Zach wrote:Does Rex? :blush:


:lol: Rex will lift his head and "look" in your direction....with his eyes closed :lol:



:blush:

+ 2.2 Irian Jaya (Slurpy, Nona, Sassy, Cool Moe Dee)
+ 1.1 Eastern (Eugene, Enzo)
+ 1.2 Northern (Niko, Pearl, Peach)
+ 1.0 Tanimbar Island (TQ)
User avatar
Zach
Grand Cicada
Grand Cicada
Posts: 7550
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 8:38 pm
Country:
Location: Orygun
Contact:

Postby Zach » Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:51 am

Fatal_S wrote:
Zach wrote:
Fatal_S wrote:I love naming my babies. I've already got a list of names for skink babies I'll be getting, and I'm constantly adding more. Currently I have 3 names in effect, 2 for the tannies I'll be getting and 1 for the Northern at the pet store near my barracks.

Silver Tanimbar = Wocket
Yellow Tanimbar = Trikks
Northern = Pryce

Other names for me to use = Pi, Karma, Kiki, Spork, Cloud, Gypsy, Alpha, Pooch, Kitty, Day, Shark, Revel, Help, Fluke, Space, News, Shift, Warp, Wasp and Lego

If I ever get a huge number of skinks I think I'll start using some of the phonetic alphabet to name them = Alpha, Bravo, Delta, Echo, Foxtrot, India, Kilo, Lima, Quebec, Sierra, Tango, Whisky, X-Ray, Yankee, Zulu.

I may also use favorite names from books such as Dragonriders of Pern.

All names are copyright M. Pratt : P



Help? :puzzled:


Yep, Help. I have my reasons. Sometimes.



So, when you call his name, everyone comes running! :lol:

+ 2.2 Irian Jaya (Slurpy, Nona, Sassy, Cool Moe Dee)
+ 1.1 Eastern (Eugene, Enzo)
+ 1.2 Northern (Niko, Pearl, Peach)
+ 1.0 Tanimbar Island (TQ)
KyleWeiss
Minister of Propaganda
Minister of Propaganda
Posts: 5015
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:03 am
Country:

Postby KyleWeiss » Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:16 pm

Kind of the opposite of naming him "Class-Action Lawsuit...?"

KW
Goodbye, BTS.net -- We've had to good times. I do hope someone else will come along and make it the lovely community it once was.
User avatar
bluecheezytree
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 87
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:13 pm
Country:
Location: Bethlehem, PA

Postby bluecheezytree » Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:44 pm

i dont call sporks sporks, i call them foons (pronounced foo/n/s lol)
*~*Ariel*~*
User avatar
russman
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast
Posts: 557
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:43 pm
Country:
Location: Russell, PA USA

Postby russman » Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:46 pm

bluecheezytree wrote:i dont call sporks sporks, i call them foons (pronounced foo/n/s lol)


how else would you pronounce it?
KyleWeiss
Minister of Propaganda
Minister of Propaganda
Posts: 5015
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:03 am
Country:

Postby KyleWeiss » Sat Jul 21, 2007 2:28 pm

I was saying "chapstick," until that clarification. :doh: :lol:

KW
Goodbye, BTS.net -- We've had to good times. I do hope someone else will come along and make it the lovely community it once was.
User avatar
Jamie
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2007 9:58 am
Country:
Location: WA USA

Postby Jamie » Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:24 pm

KyleWeiss wrote:I was saying "chapstick," until that clarification. :doh: :lol:

KW


oh my, this was hilarious!


I will also have a peach baby and his name is Bobby now. I have to meet him before I decide to change it.....I CANT WAIT!
Yay for animals!!!
User avatar
Zach
Grand Cicada
Grand Cicada
Posts: 7550
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 8:38 pm
Country:
Location: Orygun
Contact:

Postby Zach » Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:51 pm

:rofl:

+ 2.2 Irian Jaya (Slurpy, Nona, Sassy, Cool Moe Dee)
+ 1.1 Eastern (Eugene, Enzo)
+ 1.2 Northern (Niko, Pearl, Peach)
+ 1.0 Tanimbar Island (TQ)
KyleWeiss
Minister of Propaganda
Minister of Propaganda
Posts: 5015
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:03 am
Country:

Postby KyleWeiss » Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:47 am

:hehe:

I'm just glad so many of the babies are finding homes. Zach are you outselling Ray at this point? He's kind of um... well... a bit more burdened than you are... (how many babies did he end up with?). Save some customers for him! :nanny:

KW
Goodbye, BTS.net -- We've had to good times. I do hope someone else will come along and make it the lovely community it once was.

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 228 guests