Cleaning/Bathing your BTS?
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
- Karen
- Bluey Addict

- Posts: 477
- Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:41 pm
- Country: USA
Re: Cleaning/Bathing your BTS?
I know I would love for Sylvia to have more room. Once you add hides and water bowls and things, the floorspace in a 40 gal disappears pretty quickly and there isn't much room for them to maneuver and avoid messes.
• 0.1.0 Merauke - Sylvia
• 0.0.1 Northern - Tiberi
• 0.0.1 Northern - Tiberi
-
ILoveMyMonsters
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 124
- Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:03 pm
- Country:
- Location: St. Louis, Missouri
Re: Cleaning/Bathing your BTS?
Gauge isn't particularly messy about that so I usually don't have anything to worry about in that department.
When she does though, I just use a damp washcloth. As for poo disposal, I use a litter scoop like what you would use for ferrets or cats so I can scoop it out of her cage without risking touching it and then flushing it down the toilet.
When she does though, I just use a damp washcloth. As for poo disposal, I use a litter scoop like what you would use for ferrets or cats so I can scoop it out of her cage without risking touching it and then flushing it down the toilet.
• Gauge - Northern Blue Tongued Skink
• Krueger - Chinese Shar Pei
• Alban - Variegated Blaze Rat
• Havoc - Double Rex x Patchwork Hairless Rat
• Sushi - Betta
• Krueger - Chinese Shar Pei
• Alban - Variegated Blaze Rat
• Havoc - Double Rex x Patchwork Hairless Rat
• Sushi - Betta
- LarissaLurid
- Bluey Enthusiast

- Posts: 762
- Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:26 pm
- Country:
- Location: United States
- Contact:
Re: Cleaning/Bathing your BTS?
A scoop like mentioned above would work well. I just get a big wad of toilet paper and spot clean as soon as my skink goes so he doesnt have to live near poop or risk walking through it, then just throw it away since wood should never be flushed down the toilet or you'll have bad septic tank problems.
1.0 Merauke Blue Tongue Skink (Caipora)
TONS of other pets, listed on my page.
TONS of other pets, listed on my page.
- Katrina
- The Daredevil

- Posts: 9769
- Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:34 pm
- Country:
- Location: Alberta, Canada
Re: Cleaning/Bathing your BTS?
Some skinks are just poop painters.
More room won't hurt, but some seem to be clean and some don't care if they track it everywhere.
- Fatal_S
- Take Flight

- Posts: 8391
- Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:40 pm
- Your Facebook name: Mel's Exotics
- Country: Canada
- Location: Manitoba
- Contact:
Re: Cleaning/Bathing your BTS?
Skids was a major poop-painter before I got him (when he was with Sheslikeheroin). But once he moved to my place he stopped. No idea what caused the change, so can't help there, but I always wondered why he decided to be so nice to me and mean to Stuart 
Mel's Exotics
Breeder of Blue Tongue Skinks & More
http://www.MelsExotics.ca
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpVkgO ... wr6Ds0CP_A
Breeder of Blue Tongue Skinks & More
http://www.MelsExotics.ca
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpVkgO ... wr6Ds0CP_A
Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 219 guests
