As for names for QD - I really liked Phaemas's suggestions of Peggie or something Winnipeg related, but we are really trying to stay gender neutral because I always get it wrong if I guess a gender before you can tell! ML made a suggestion earlier - Bermuda, and so far that seems to be the favorite. What do you guys think? Little skink named Bermuda?
Mel's Grandkids
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
- Katrina
- The Daredevil

- Posts: 9769
- Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:34 pm
- Country:
- Location: Alberta, Canada
Re: Mel's Grandkids
Love the pics of Pekoe, Bomber and the parents. I think Evita and Wasp are two of them best looking Northerns I've ever seen, so I'm really excited that Sami is turning out looking like them.
I'm curious to see what Larry looks like.
As for names for QD - I really liked Phaemas's suggestions of Peggie or something Winnipeg related, but we are really trying to stay gender neutral because I always get it wrong if I guess a gender before you can tell! ML made a suggestion earlier - Bermuda, and so far that seems to be the favorite. What do you guys think? Little skink named Bermuda?
As for names for QD - I really liked Phaemas's suggestions of Peggie or something Winnipeg related, but we are really trying to stay gender neutral because I always get it wrong if I guess a gender before you can tell! ML made a suggestion earlier - Bermuda, and so far that seems to be the favorite. What do you guys think? Little skink named Bermuda?
- Nae
- Forum Graphic Designer

- Posts: 1889
- Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:30 am
- Country:
- Location: Western Australia
Re: Mel's Grandkids
And then you can call him Beri for short! 
- Fatal_S
- Take Flight

- Posts: 8391
- Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:40 pm
- Your Facebook name: Mel's Exotics
- Country: Canada
- Location: Manitoba
- Contact:
Re: Mel's Grandkids
Bermuda sounds like a great name, but be prepared for a troublesome skink
Hopefully it never gets lost...
Mel's Exotics
Breeder of Blue Tongue Skinks & More
http://www.MelsExotics.ca
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpVkgO ... wr6Ds0CP_A
Breeder of Blue Tongue Skinks & More
http://www.MelsExotics.ca
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpVkgO ... wr6Ds0CP_A
- Karen
- Bluey Addict

- Posts: 477
- Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:41 pm
- Country: USA
Re: Mel's Grandkids
Fatal_S wrote:Bermuda sounds like a great name, but be prepared for a troublesome skinkHopefully it never gets lost...
I think Bermuda is a great choice!
• 0.1.0 Merauke - Sylvia
• 0.0.1 Northern - Tiberi
• 0.0.1 Northern - Tiberi
- lemon1
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 185
- Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:29 pm
- Country:
- Location: Winnipeg
Re: Mel's Grandkids
Finally Pictures of Larry.












- James Wilson
- The Mentor

- Posts: 693
- Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 8:01 am
- Country:
- Location: San Diego, California
Re: Mel's Grandkids
I love both Sammi and OD. They are both. QD is so cool with his extra bit of darkness.
Who are the last two skinks in this series of photos?
Fatal_S wrote:Just posting a couple photos
Evita:
Fluke:
Wasp:
Fluke x Wasp:
Baby Bomber:
Fluke and Wasp produced the second litter which included QD, Pekoe and Bomber. They've bred 2x so far this season and I've only just started pairing them
Who are the last two skinks in this series of photos?
James Wilson
- xxmonitorlizardxx
- Walks with Squirrels

- Posts: 4050
- Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:06 pm
- Your Facebook name: Jeremy Johnson
- Country:
- Location: NJ, USA
Re: Mel's Grandkids
That's their baby. 
- phaemas
- Bluey Enthusiast

- Posts: 550
- Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:47 am
- Country:
- Location: winnipeg,manitoba, canada
Re: Mel's Grandkids
Bomber! He's soo Big now!
- StaceyLeigh
- Northern Love

- Posts: 1576
- Joined: Thu May 19, 2011 4:24 pm
- Country: USA
- Location: CNY
- Contact:
Re: Mel's Grandkids
Larry has very similar coloring to our male Thor. Thor is very dark across the back, with peachy sides, and a very dark tail. Larry is very handsome!
- lemon1
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 185
- Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:29 pm
- Country:
- Location: Winnipeg
Re: Mel's Grandkids
Thanks
I am sad his head got cut out of the pictures in the tub . Any guesses on gender for Larry and Pekoe ?
- Katrina
- The Daredevil

- Posts: 9769
- Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:34 pm
- Country:
- Location: Alberta, Canada
Re: Mel's Grandkids
Wow!!! Larry is the darkest of the bunch, even less orange than his parents or Sami. He is really, really pretty!! Thanks for posting pictures, I just love how he turned out. Very similar to Sami. I love all the pictures in this thread, so great to see the parents and babies together.
- James Wilson
- The Mentor

- Posts: 693
- Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 8:01 am
- Country:
- Location: San Diego, California
Re: Mel's Grandkids
And who were bomber's parents? Bomber is really very unusual and beautiful.
James Wilson
- Katrina
- The Daredevil

- Posts: 9769
- Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:34 pm
- Country:
- Location: Alberta, Canada
Re: Mel's Grandkids
James Wilson wrote:And who were bomber's parents? Bomber is really very unusual and beautiful.
Wasp and Fluke were the parents. Isn't he incredible?
- Fatal_S
- Take Flight

- Posts: 8391
- Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:40 pm
- Your Facebook name: Mel's Exotics
- Country: Canada
- Location: Manitoba
- Contact:
Re: Mel's Grandkids
Its making me smile so much to see photos of my grand-babies <3 We need to keep doing these photo threads as the skinks keep growing. I'll have to see about having an area on my new website for updated baby-photos from new owners 
Mel's Exotics
Breeder of Blue Tongue Skinks & More
http://www.MelsExotics.ca
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpVkgO ... wr6Ds0CP_A
Breeder of Blue Tongue Skinks & More
http://www.MelsExotics.ca
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpVkgO ... wr6Ds0CP_A
- lemon1
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 185
- Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:29 pm
- Country:
- Location: Winnipeg
Re: Mel's Grandkids
The more Larry grows the darker he gets . I love the white spots on his back .
- Katrina
- The Daredevil

- Posts: 9769
- Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:34 pm
- Country:
- Location: Alberta, Canada
Re: Mel's Grandkids
I love the white flecking too, Sami is getting that as well. Mel has great looking grandkids!
I can't really tell gender from the pics - I think that Pekoe might be a boy. If you can get pictures that show the entire body and tail from straight above it would help, I can't really tell with any certainty. Keep posting pictures, I love seeing them. You can really tell that Sami and Larry are siblings, the second litter seems to have a bit more variability (especially with Bomber). I'm very curious to see how Bermuda and Pekoe look in a few more months.
I can't really tell gender from the pics - I think that Pekoe might be a boy. If you can get pictures that show the entire body and tail from straight above it would help, I can't really tell with any certainty. Keep posting pictures, I love seeing them. You can really tell that Sami and Larry are siblings, the second litter seems to have a bit more variability (especially with Bomber). I'm very curious to see how Bermuda and Pekoe look in a few more months.
Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 281 guests






