Is Anyone Expecting Anything Special This Year?
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
-
sd reptiles
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 90
- Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:12 am
- Country:
- Location: Belgium
Re: Is Anyone Expecting Anything Special This Year?
Patternless 
Just love my coldblooded friends...
0.1 IJ
1.1 Patternless
0.2 Heterozygous Patternless
0.1 IJ
1.1 Patternless
0.2 Heterozygous Patternless
- Fatal_S
- Take Flight

- Posts: 8391
- Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:40 pm
- Your Facebook name: Mel's Exotics
- Country: Canada
- Location: Manitoba
- Contact:
Re: Is Anyone Expecting Anything Special This Year?
MY SILVERS JUST LOCKED!!!!!
There is no way to describe how excited I am
There is no way to describe how excited I am
Mel's Exotics
Breeder of Blue Tongue Skinks & More
http://www.MelsExotics.ca
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpVkgO ... wr6Ds0CP_A
Breeder of Blue Tongue Skinks & More
http://www.MelsExotics.ca
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpVkgO ... wr6Ds0CP_A
- Katrina
- The Daredevil

- Posts: 9769
- Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:34 pm
- Country:
- Location: Alberta, Canada
Re: Is Anyone Expecting Anything Special This Year?
Fatal_S wrote:MY SILVERS JUST LOCKED!!!!!
There is no way to describe how excited I am
Congrats Mel!!!!!!! 
Pictures? What did you do to get them to focus on the task and not freak out??
- Nae
- Forum Graphic Designer

- Posts: 1889
- Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:30 am
- Country:
- Location: Western Australia
Re: Is Anyone Expecting Anything Special This Year?
I got my special something I have been expecting 
I didnt breed him, but....
I didnt breed him, but....
- Fatal_S
- Take Flight

- Posts: 8391
- Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:40 pm
- Your Facebook name: Mel's Exotics
- Country: Canada
- Location: Manitoba
- Contact:
Re: Is Anyone Expecting Anything Special This Year?
For the silvers I simply had to stay completely still for 30+ minutes. I put them together, and once they calmed down he was finally willing to give it a try. I had to stop myself from interfering at all (even when he had her by a leg or her tail) which was really hard (she's my baby). Thankfully she was totally non-aggressive (though also not helpful, wouldn't even lift her tail). It took him a long time to figure it out too. But he got the job done. Hopefully I'll get more pairing from them over the next few days <3 Given that he's small, spazzy (WC), and has a messed up spine (MBD) his lock is amazing to me 
Sadly I don't think my male yellow Tanimbar is capable of breeding; his MBD seems to have messed with his front legs and he can't move quickly.
I've also managed to pair Wasp & Fluke 3x and Mizu & Izuru 6x. None of my other males care to do anything (or they're scared of agro females -.-') so we'll have to see what else I manage to produce this year. If I manage a fantastic year I might get 1 litter of IJs, 2 litters of Northerns, 2 litters of Caramel(ish) Northerns, and 1 litter of Tanimbars.
Baby Bomber wants out. I'll take him to make some food for everyone. Here's to a fantastic 2012 baby season!
Sadly I don't think my male yellow Tanimbar is capable of breeding; his MBD seems to have messed with his front legs and he can't move quickly.
I've also managed to pair Wasp & Fluke 3x and Mizu & Izuru 6x. None of my other males care to do anything (or they're scared of agro females -.-') so we'll have to see what else I manage to produce this year. If I manage a fantastic year I might get 1 litter of IJs, 2 litters of Northerns, 2 litters of Caramel(ish) Northerns, and 1 litter of Tanimbars.
Baby Bomber wants out. I'll take him to make some food for everyone. Here's to a fantastic 2012 baby season!
Mel's Exotics
Breeder of Blue Tongue Skinks & More
http://www.MelsExotics.ca
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpVkgO ... wr6Ds0CP_A
Breeder of Blue Tongue Skinks & More
http://www.MelsExotics.ca
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpVkgO ... wr6Ds0CP_A
- lemon1
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 185
- Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:29 pm
- Country:
- Location: Winnipeg
Re: Is Anyone Expecting Anything Special This Year?
I am so excited I can't wait to see the babies .
- lemon1
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 185
- Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:29 pm
- Country:
- Location: Winnipeg
Re: Is Anyone Expecting Anything Special This Year?
How long does it take before you can tell if they're expecting ? How long is the gestation period ?
- Richard.C
- Kimberley Klan

- Posts: 10474
- Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:37 am
- Country:
- Location: melbourne australia
Re: Is Anyone Expecting Anything Special This Year?
90 to 150 days
- James Wilson
- The Mentor

- Posts: 693
- Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 8:01 am
- Country:
- Location: San Diego, California
Re: Is Anyone Expecting Anything Special This Year?
Just some boring Northerns. Actually they are pretty nice looking. And Jeff, the male is from you, and he is awesome with super nice bright orange. I am very excited to see how his babies with my pretty female look this summer. Thanks again Jeff!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
James Wilson
- xxmonitorlizardxx
- Walks with Squirrels

- Posts: 4050
- Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:06 pm
- Your Facebook name: Jeremy Johnson
- Country:
- Location: NJ, USA
Re: Is Anyone Expecting Anything Special This Year?
Nice orange northern James 
Are you interested in buying caramel Northens to have you line of skinks again?
Are you interested in buying caramel Northens to have you line of skinks again?
- James Wilson
- The Mentor

- Posts: 693
- Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 8:01 am
- Country:
- Location: San Diego, California
Re: Is Anyone Expecting Anything Special This Year?
xxmonitorlizardxx wrote:Nice orange northern James
Are you interested in buying caramel Northens to have you line of skinks again?
Possibly. Do you have any?
James Wilson
- James Wilson
- The Mentor

- Posts: 693
- Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 8:01 am
- Country:
- Location: San Diego, California
Re: Is Anyone Expecting Anything Special This Year?
xxmonitorlizardxx wrote:Nice orange northern James
Thanks, But That is not my work that resulted in that nice looking male. That is all Jeff, and I have never owned nicer breeding stock than the breeding stock that I got from Jeff. His Northerns are better than any I have come across as of yet. I feel very fortunate to have the opportunity to work with his bloodlines.
James Wilson
- xxmonitorlizardxx
- Walks with Squirrels

- Posts: 4050
- Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:06 pm
- Your Facebook name: Jeremy Johnson
- Country:
- Location: NJ, USA
Re: Is Anyone Expecting Anything Special This Year?
James Wilson wrote:xxmonitorlizardxx wrote:Nice orange northern James
Thanks, But That is not my work that resulted in that nice looking male. That is all Jeff, and I have never owned nicer breeding stock than the breeding stock that I got from Jeff. His Northerns are better than any I have come across as of yet. I feel very fortunate to have the opportunity to work with his bloodlines.
Who were the parents?
James Wilson wrote:xxmonitorlizardxx wrote:Nice orange northern James
Are you interested in buying caramel Northens to have you line of skinks again?
Possibly. Do you have any?
I don't have any. It's just that their is what maybe a pair for sale now, a little while ago their was a pair for sale on kingsnake, and Ray breeds them. Thought it would be cool to see them go back to where they originated from.
- James Wilson
- The Mentor

- Posts: 693
- Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 8:01 am
- Country:
- Location: San Diego, California
Re: Is Anyone Expecting Anything Special This Year?
Outback (white spots)
Produced by Jeff Green
Born: 5-28-2010
Sex Male
Outback's father is known as Tiger.
Tiger was produced by Andrew Seike with Charlie and Betty being his parents.
Outback's mother is Anika.
Anika was also produced by Andrew Seike with Milt and Martha being her parents.
Produced by Jeff Green
Born: 5-28-2010
Sex Male
Outback's father is known as Tiger.
Tiger was produced by Andrew Seike with Charlie and Betty being his parents.
Outback's mother is Anika.
Anika was also produced by Andrew Seike with Milt and Martha being her parents.
Last edited by James Wilson on Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
James Wilson
- xxmonitorlizardxx
- Walks with Squirrels

- Posts: 4050
- Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:06 pm
- Your Facebook name: Jeremy Johnson
- Country:
- Location: NJ, USA
Re: Is Anyone Expecting Anything Special This Year?
That's pretty cool. You can see traits from both parents. Looks like it has a much lighter orange though.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 307 guests
