Forum N00b

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
User avatar
xxmonitorlizardxx
Walks with Squirrels
Walks with Squirrels
Posts: 4050
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:06 pm
Your Facebook name: Jeremy Johnson
Country:
Location: NJ, USA

Postby xxmonitorlizardxx » Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:19 pm

You wouldn't believe how small katrina had to make my first avatar for me :roll:
Merauke Blue Tongue Skink Breeder
https://www.facebook.com/JJReptiles/
User avatar
MiMi
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 118
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:39 am
Country:
Location: Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada

Postby MiMi » Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:49 am

Quick thanks to Katrina!

I am no longer avatar-less. Cheers.
User avatar
Nae
Forum Graphic Designer
Forum Graphic Designer
Posts: 1889
Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:30 am
Country:
Location: Western Australia

Postby Nae » Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:57 am

Very snazzy :D
User avatar
Linnea
Swedish Flower
Swedish Flower
Posts: 1781
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:34 pm
Country:
Location: Sweden

Postby Linnea » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:43 am

hello and welcome mimi xD *slow to answer due to time differences*
Litchie, northern 1.0
Pomme (Pomelo), northern 1.0
User avatar
phaemas
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast
Posts: 550
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:47 am
Country:
Location: winnipeg,manitoba, canada

Postby phaemas » Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:48 pm

It looks like my skink MARVIN he's and Irian. So i'd say irian or easter.
User avatar
Katrina
The Daredevil
The Daredevil
Posts: 9769
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:34 pm
Country:
Location: Alberta, Canada

Postby Katrina » Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:00 pm

phaemas wrote:It looks like my skink MARVIN he's and Irian. So i'd say irian or easter.


Easterns are uncommon in North America. This skink is definitely an IJ.
User avatar
James Wilson
The Mentor
The Mentor
Posts: 693
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 8:01 am
Country:
Location: San Diego, California

Postby James Wilson » Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:25 pm

MiMi wrote:
xxmonitorlizardxx wrote:I like how he asks how busy the forum is


*ahem*

I am of teh female persuasion.

*flips hair in a girlish manner* :wink:


Well hello there 8)
James Wilson
User avatar
MiMi
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 118
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:39 am
Country:
Location: Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada

Postby MiMi » Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:22 pm

James Wilson wrote:
Well hello there 8)


lol...good evening, Sir.

and how are things on the west coast, this evening?
User avatar
MiMi
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 118
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:39 am
Country:
Location: Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada

Postby MiMi » Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:31 pm

So....I have a whole bunch of questions,
but the one that's troubling me is about.....*drum roll*....poop

I know, I know...I know....there's a thread about fecal issues.
I've read through it a couple times.
I'm concerned because Icky hasn't *gone* on well over a week.
He was semi-regular for the first couple weeks (every-other-day, or so)
Am I being an anxious new herp-parent?
Could it be that his new diet here with us has constipated him?
Could the wee brat be burrowing down and pooping under the substrate so I can't find it?
(though, I think I'd smell that)

Ack....I'm feeling paranoid.
I wish I knew how old he was.
He's got a crazy appetite. He's quite a little piglet, actually.
Do I stop feeding him? Do I take him to the vet?

Oh, lordy...I'm a tad stressed.
User avatar
Fatal_S
Take Flight
Take Flight
Posts: 8391
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:40 pm
Your Facebook name: Mel's Exotics
Country: Canada
Location: Manitoba
Contact:

Postby Fatal_S » Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:39 pm

If you really want a poop, feed egg and/or banana. Any fruits lead to poop, but those two items are known for causing big, messy, smelly poops.

A warm bath and being active also tend to lead to poops, so you can give those a shot.

If he's still eating and isn't losing weight I wouldn't worry :)
User avatar
MiMi
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 118
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:39 am
Country:
Location: Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada

Postby MiMi » Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:53 pm

Fatal_S wrote:

If he's still eating and isn't losing weight I wouldn't worry :)


thanks....

I guess constipation/impaction are the things that are worrying me.

Man, little skinks are so much less stressful, lol.
they just eat their crickets and poop their little crispy poops.
So easy.

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 312 guests